What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
cjohns105
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjohns105.html
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by cjohns105 »

I already posted on my favorite books, but my favorite movie happens to have an excellent book to back it up, so I thought I would suggest it. My favorite movie is Children of Men, it came out in 2007. The book that it is based on is called The Children of Men by P.D. James. I saw the movie long before I realized there was a book version out, though I can't say that I was surprised when I found it. The book is quite different than the movie, notably in the actual portrayal of the main character Theo. I love it though!
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

I find very hard to answer this question.But i find that i response to this question one name immediately pops into my mind."The Prodigal Daughter". I finished the book in one stretch ignoring meals and many other important tasks
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
cherryalakei
Currently Reading: anita blake burnt offerings
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherryalakei.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by cherryalakei »

I can't just pick one!

My favorites as a child that I still remember today are:
-Mermaid Tales From Around The World by Mary Pope Osborne, Paul Werstine and Troy Howell
-Sirena by Donna J. Napoli

My favorites in recent years:
Twilight New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
The Hunger Games Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Escape by Carolyn Jessop
EverWild by Neil Shusterman
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
April73
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by April73 »

Master of the game by Sidney Sheldon, The coldest winter ever by Sista Soulja, Ugly Duckling by Iris Johansen, Ruby by VC Andrews I have way too many to list also but those are a few.
Lyday
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Lyday »

I've read a lot of awesome books from awesome authors that it is so hard to pick just one as a favourite. Old Classics are always welcome; Danielle Steel and Nora Roberts any day; “Ballerina" by Edward Stewart still plays in my head after all these years and “Cold Sassy Tree" by Olive Ann Burns still makes me laugh out loud.
Masinde
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-masinde.html

Post by Masinde »

Mmmm,,,the favourite book to me is one that talks about the trends taking place in the society i live in. A MAN OF THE PEOPLE by Chinua Achebe really satisfies.
Last edited by Masinde on 09 Mar 2017, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
KirkBurris

Post by KirkBurris »

It would be a toss-up between The Belgariad Series by David Eddings, The Dragon Prince and Dragon Star trilogies by Melanie Rawn, and the Dragonriders of Pern Trilogy by Anne McCaffrey. All of them had wonderful character development, tremendous story lines and fantastical worlds. I got caught up in so many characters lives and have thought about them time to time for over 30 years.
Catarina Ferreira
Currently Reading: Sinto-te
Bookshelf Size: 122

Post by Catarina Ferreira »

I don’t have one, I have two: “By arrangement” by Madeline Hunter and “Gabriel’s Inferno” by Sylvain Reynard :D
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

My favorite book is The Help by Kathryn Stockett because of the way in which she highlights the experiences of Black women working as housekeepers and nannies in the Deep South. My favorite part was the "pie" that Minnie served up to her former boss. :lol2:
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
ifeoma obike
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifeoma-obike.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by ifeoma obike »

My favourite book is The vulture is a patient bird by James Hardley Chase. I read and enjoyed a lot of this author's books when I was much younger but this one stood out for me because it totally held me in suspense from beginning to end.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Laena Morgenstern
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Laena Morgenstern »

Well, my favorite isn't just one book. I mean, true readers have more than one favorite book. I think it's because we see pieces of ourselves in every book we read. A part of us belongs to this world, while another part fits in with another realm in another story. But for now, I guess my favorite book, or more like books, would be the Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.

Throne of Glass
Crown of Midnight
Heir of Fire
Queen of Shadows
Empire of Storms

There's just something so magical in the way she weaves her tales. The story revolves around an assassin-queen who struggles to bring light in her dark world by regathering her court and reclaiming her throne. The books are YA High Fantasy ones. And I know you might think I only like it because of it's magic and whatnot. No. It's amazing because the plot is well written. The characters seem so... real in a way. And not just that. The story taught me that it's okay to be lost for a while, to be afraid for a moment. As long as we never stop fighting for what we believe is right and for the people we love.

"You could rattle the stars. You could do anything, if you only dared."
-Elena to Celaena

"The world will be saved and remade by the dreamers."
-Aelin

"Even if this world is a forgotten whisper of dust between the stars, I will love you."
-Rowan to Aelin
hazelk

Post by hazelk »

Thinking back my favorite is "The Power of the Dog" by Thomas Savage.
judy promise

Post by judy promise »

The machiavelli covenant by allan folsom but I might get another to replace it soon because things change after high school even favorite books.
Abdullai Rogers
Currently Reading: Three weeks in spring
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Abdullai Rogers »

My favorite book is"if tomorrow comes"by sheldom
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

The best book on looking for someone to share your life with is the book called:
"Are you the one for me?:knowing who's right and who to avoid".By Barbara De Angelis.
I bought the hardcover version. Brilliant book.Explains everything we need to know about compatibilities/incompatibilities.
Its an old book published in 1992.

The next book I will recommend for similar reasons is the book by Neil Clark Warren called:
"Falling in love for all the right reasons". Published 2005.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”