What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Crazyninjababy
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by Crazyninjababy »

What's your favorite book?
My favorite book is The Perks of Being a Wallflower. It gives you so much insight into the world of teenagers and what it feels like to be an outcast pretty much. Once you read it you will never forget it.
gregs317
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gregs317 »

I think one of my favorite books ever is 'A Tree Grows in Brooklyn' by Betty Smith. I think as a youngster, it helped me understand other people's feelings and see things from other points of view than my own.
Belynda White
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 8">Destiny Revisited</a>
Currently Reading: What Lies Within
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belynda-white.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Belynda White »

Hardest choice I'd have to make in my entire life.? But I'll have to go with "Bewoulf" by Grimmere.?
Most times, I fall flat on my face. But never do I remain on the floor; I rise again.
Nacih Mohssine
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=19897">A Hunger Artist</a>
Currently Reading: The Sun Also Rises
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Nacih Mohssine »

I have many books to favor. I believe the classics are the best for all readers. I have read many books, that makes me feel favoring a book over another is killing books. So, for psuchological matters, The Glass Menagerie is my number one. For gender issues, Mrs. Dalloway. For philosophical questions, Camus's The Outsider is the best....
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Storygamer88 »

This is so hard to pick. Some of my favorites are volume 1 of Rokka no Yuusha, book 4 of Harry Potter (Goblet of Fire), Matilda, Double Fudge, Lunch Money, The Report Card, and even ones like 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens.

Of these, I dont know which I like best. It depends on my mood and which ones I'm craving/haven't read in a while. And sometimes, even these can waver - when I last reread part of Prisoner of Azkaban, I found parts more fun than Goblet of Fire, for example.

So I guess I dont have one...that or I would need to debate it all. There's just so many good books though!
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Ahsen Najib

Post by Ahsen Najib »

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Colllins
Cathy devan

Post by Cathy devan »

we belong to him...ooh my it the best!!!
Belynda White
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 8">Destiny Revisited</a>
Currently Reading: What Lies Within
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belynda-white.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Belynda White »

I thought for over 30 minutes and I just couldn't make a choice. Seriously, this is a hard nut to crack!
Most times, I fall flat on my face. But never do I remain on the floor; I rise again.
Juliet Esther
Currently Reading: That place of knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-esther.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Juliet Esther »

I have read a lot of books before but I will never forget Miss Shumway waves a wand by James Hadley chase and Holes
magicquill
Currently Reading: Elf Brief
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magicquill.html

Post by magicquill »

My favorite book is Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. It inspires me a lot. It reminds me on how to appreciate and value life even in hard times.
Because if you've found meaning in your life, you don't want to go back. You want to go forward.

- Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie
Harmony Hills
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harmony-hills.html
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh

Post by Harmony Hills »

Anne of Green Gables! I can relate with the character so much.
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh
Sophie11
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophie11.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Sophie11 »

Americannah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, she is among my favorite authors. I would recommend her work to anyone. :techie-studyinggray:
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose »

Probably The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. It is one I can read over and over and get something new out of it with each reading.
ChristyF
Currently Reading: Hearts In Atlantis
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christyf.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Reading Device: B01LTIORC8

Post by ChristyF »

Everyone is right, this is a hard question. As someone who reads voraciously, I don't think I have a favorite book. I have favorite authors across many genres, romance, sci-fi, mystery, thriller, ghost story, biographies, or any book that grabs me and won't let go. There have been very few, maybe five books, that I couldn't finish.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
jenjayfromSA
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenjayfromsa.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jenjayfromSA »

My favourite tends to vary yesterday, today, time of day, time of year, whether it's raining, my mood and whether I need to calm down or cheer up. I have a wall full of books and I can't let any of them go. Umm ... at the moment it's Terry Pratchett's The Truth. I'm in the newspaper business, so laugh every time. He's wicked and so spot on!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”