Reading a book in one day

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
ssloan_13013
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Reading a book in one day

Post by ssloan_13013 »

Not at all! That has happened to me more times then I am able to count. I just remind myself that the author wanted it's readers to love the novel and if I can't put it down until it is done, then that's a plus.
LuckyGirl08
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luckygirl08.html

Post by LuckyGirl08 »

A lot of times I finish a book in one day. Once I start reading I cannot stop, I try to but I can't. If I stop reading a book, I tend to have to go back to the previous page and reread because I forget what is going on.
krekdrja
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krekdrja.html

Post by krekdrja »

I wouldn't say that it's inherently bad, unless it causes you to slack in other areas of your life (hygiene, family, work, friends, etc.)
Flu2reader
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flu2reader.html

Post by Flu2reader »

i have a question - when you read a book in a day do you eventually reread it? i love getting that immersed in a book but i feel like when i devour it that quickly that i have to eventually go back and reread it slower so that i can really savor it - falling in love with the language and not just the plot
AmandaLMcCormick
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandalmccormick.html

Post by AmandaLMcCormick »

Nah, I do it all the time. I really like to take the whole story in one sitting. It makes the world so vivid.
latest

Post by latest »

I am very glad your post and best your article?
booklovingolfer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklovingolfer.html

Post by booklovingolfer »

No, it is not bad to read a book in one day. Sometimes the book is just so good you can't wait until the end to see what happens. I have found myself reading into the wee hours of the night to finish a book.
kairkyn

Post by kairkyn »

I wish I could do that! It sometimes takes me forever to finish a book and there are so many books I want to read.
af10ski

Post by af10ski »

I often read a story in one day.
Partly because I have so many things I don't want to miss out on reading that I have to make certain I finish one before I move on to something else.
There are so many wonderful stories, but if it sticks with me and makes me wonder--then it's great.
I love lingering tales.
Lisa Roberts

Post by Lisa Roberts »

I sometimes can't put a book down so can easily get through a couple of hundred pages in a day. It often means reading far too late into the night though :)
Rizmatiz
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizmatiz.html

Post by Rizmatiz »

No! I do this too! Especially if I get wrapped up in a book. It's hard for me to put it down and if I do, it doesn't always feel the same when I get back into reading it. There's something special about immersing yourself in the writer's world and falling into the story. Sigh. Agreed, that the only problem is when the book ends.
T_Reed
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-reed.html

Post by T_Reed »

It's not bad, unless it was your last book and you have nothing else to read.
Pandanian101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pandanian101.html

Post by Pandanian101 »

It's only bad if you have other things you need to do that are important. Basically using a book as a beautiful method of procrastination. I do that sometimes...Oops
RobertManchester
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robertmanchester.html

Post by RobertManchester »

shanae09 wrote:Is it a bad that sometimes I get so into books that I read the whole book in one day

Not a bad thing but I could never read a book in a name
Bluefirerose
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluefirerose.html
Latest Review: "Thomas Kindercook and the Pink Pyjamas" by Gerald Feather
Publishing Contest Votes: 1

Post by Bluefirerose »

It really stinks if the book is over too quickly, but if it is so good you can't put it down it is a testament of how well the story was written, if the characters are believable/relatable....

So kudos to the books were read in a day!
Latest Review: "Thomas Kindercook and the Pink Pyjamas" by Gerald Feather

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”