How old were you when you found your love for books?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Music_lover471
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-music-lover471.html

Re: How old were you when you found your love for books?

Post by Music_lover471 »

My parents read to me and taught me to read before I even started preschool. Books were my favorite thing about daycare. I would always have to ask for more books and breeze through them. So I found my love around age 4. But I kind of lost it once I got into kindergarten through 1st grade, my rebel years, but got back into it in 2nd grade. So in all actuality it was 7/8.
CYMH090909
Favorite Author: P.C. Cast
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cymh090909.html
fav_author_id: 4610

Post by CYMH090909 »

My love for books didn't come until I was an adult. I didn't really like reading until I was I want to say 19 years old. Since then though I've become quite addicted to books and reading. I honestly don't know how I ever lived without a good book.
kimcoles

Post by kimcoles »

I was 15 years old when I developed the habit of reading books.
deah319
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 710">Pride and Prejudice</a>
Currently Reading: The Snow Child
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deah319.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by deah319 »

I think I was 7 when I read Chocolate Fever and became a regular of our school library.
KNewton
Favorite Author: Not possible to list
Favorite Book: Not possible to list
Currently Reading: A Bone To Pick (Aurora Teagarden, #2)
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-knewton.html

Post by KNewton »

In the womb. My mom read to me before I was born and I came out holding a book ☺. I can’t remember a time that I didn’t love reading. I remember being about 4 or 5 and my dad having to add more shelves to my room to hold my books. In high school I didn’t read much for fun simply because I had too much to read for classes, other than that I’ve always read when I could.
mixedchocolite
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mixedchocolite.html

Post by mixedchocolite »

I was in my teens when I found the love to read. Going to the doctors office with my grandmother they use to have books you could read and keep. That's where I fell in love with Murder She Wrote the book and then the tv series. That's also now I was interested in Mystery and horror books.
3chicnP
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-3chicnp.html

Post by 3chicnP »

When I was in 5th grade I was a reading machine. I went into a 2 year book slump where I didn't read any books at all. I don't know how I got away with it.. lol. I started collecting books and got a bookshelf when I was in 8th grade. I had nothing to do so I found the love for books.
I am a free spirit
like mafia
KristineNicole
Favorite Author: Emily Bronte
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: The Snow Child By Eowym Ivey
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristinenicole.html
fav_author_id: 2494

Post by KristineNicole »

I was 10. My aunt and uncle brought over 'Harry Potter' from England and I was hooked.
Smckelly

Post by Smckelly »

I have loved books and stories ever since I can remember. My earliest reading memory is of my father reading Richard Scarry to me when I was three years old. My love for books was permanently ingrained when I got my first library card at age five.
taraleekgordon

Post by taraleekgordon »

My mom was in college when I was born. She said I was picking up her textbooks and reading them by age 3. It wasn't until 10 or so, that I discovered how much I love books!
commander93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commander93.html

Post by commander93 »

I have been a reader almost since birth......I can't remember a time when I didn't enjoy books and reading.
darkhuntress
Currently Reading: City of Lost Souls
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darkhuntress.html

Post by darkhuntress »

When I found my love for books I had to be about 2 or 3 my mom used to read to me all the time and since then I've been reading.
"Fear in a name, only increases fear in the thing itself"
jamelia2

Post by jamelia2 »

It started when i was about 6 my mother only bought me books and i learned to read early. i fell in love because the stories brought me all over the world.
noseinabookbook
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noseinabookbook.html

Post by noseinabookbook »

I've been reading since I was 3 and I don't think I've ever NOT been reading - I just love it!
Miss_Jane2014
Currently Reading: Better Off Dead by H.P Mallory
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-jane2014.html

Post by Miss_Jane2014 »

I think I was 7 or 8. It was the first time I had read The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis. After that nothing could stop me, I demolished the Boxcar Children series, and moved into more grown up literature. :)

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”