influence of books

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
blueangel
Bookshelf Size: 0

influence of books

Post by blueangel »

let me ask,
what was the book that influenced you the most in your entire reading life?

for me, its The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.

what's yours???
RichardG

Post by RichardG »

I too was impressed and influenced by the book The Alchemist. It's a wonderful book
flashgordon

Post by flashgordon »

I can't really put my finger on a single book. The Outsider by Colin Wilson perhaps. Or some of Hermen Hesse's books. For me it was more a number of years where I read tons, rather then a single author.
david paul

Post by david paul »

The book that has meant the most to me in my life has been Platero y Yo by Juan Ramon Jimenez. Such a sweet and melancholy book, capable of breaking your heart on one page and tickling your delight on the very next page. I read it for the first time when I was living in Cordoba, in 1983, in the "Juderia" not far from the great old mosque "La Mesquita". I carried it around with me for many years after as my dearest friend.
spccwby07

Post by spccwby07 »

Currently, The Fountainhead.

I havent been able to bring myself to read it again. But the day it happens, i know i will understand more about the book, my life, and my place in it.

A little melodramatic, but there ya go.
Pappy

Post by Pappy »

Either 1984 or A Cabinet of Wonders.

Both excellent books.
shokosugi

Post by shokosugi »

The Diary of Anne Frank when I was younger
and
Barbarians at the Gate
fishinggirl

Post by fishinggirl »

For me it was a Wrinkle in Time.
My Dad read it to me durring the summer between first grade and second grade. Made such a great impression on me spending that time with my father.

It also had a girl in the book named Meg, which is short for my name...Megan

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”