What is the minimum time ever you finished reading a book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Kaitlin Lake
Favorite Author: Richelle Mead
Favorite Book: The Vampire Academy Series
Currently Reading: The City Of Heavenly Fire
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-lake.html
fav_author_id: 782

Re: What is the minimum time ever you finished reading a boo

Post by Kaitlin Lake »

The minimum time it would take me to read a book would be about three days if I absolutely love the book from the first page, but If I do not love the book it would take me about five days with a lot of will power.
Miss_Jane2014
Currently Reading: Better Off Dead by H.P Mallory
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-jane2014.html

Post by Miss_Jane2014 »

It usually only takes me a few hours to read a book, which is why reading at night gets dangerous for me. The fastest I ever finished a book was probably an hour for each of the books in the Girl Talk series when I was a kid.
iamtai
Currently Reading: Elyon
Bookshelf Size: 1101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamtai.html
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz & Richard Allen Waite

Post by iamtai »

I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in five hours.
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz & Richard Allen Waite
Charlotte_danielle
Currently Reading: The Pillars of the Earth
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlotte-danielle.html

Post by Charlotte_danielle »

I'm not an incredibly fast reader, however, quicker than most. It shortest time was probably 8 hours. That of course is not including smaller books or short stories. If a book is great I will read it every chance, every extra minute, and every short break I can, and if it's a weekend all day.
Mike_Lang
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 50592">The Life and Times of The Thunderbolt Kid</a>
Currently Reading: Mississippi Noir
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mike-lang.html
Latest Review: "Justice Prevails" by Colin Lodder
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Mike_Lang »

Often I will get caught up in a book that I read in one sitting, but I don't think I've ever read a full length book in less than four hours.
literarycat
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Currently Reading: Survivors: Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 2331
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-literarycat.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by literarycat »

Without distractions, I can finish a book within a couple of hours. Once I get going I don't stop until I am able to close that book, such a great feeling.
The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken points ~ Ernest Hemingway.
Zoe303
Favorite Book: And Then There Were None
Currently Reading: Around the World in Eighty Days
Bookshelf Size: 240

Post by Zoe303 »

A couple of days I would say, no less than that.
“Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.” –P.J. O’Rourke
patrickt
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by patrickt »

For me, reading is not a competitive activity. I've never times my reading. I can think of one book I finished in about four minutes because by page ten I was so disgusted I tossed it.
angel_johnson
Currently Reading: Best Friends
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by angel_johnson »

I believe that it took me 3 days to start and finish 'Wicked' by Gregory Macguire. His details took me straight to Oz and I will never forget the excitement I had while getting into this book (which only took me about 4 pages to fall in love). I grew up a huge Wizard of Oz fan. My mother bought me 'Wicked' years ago and I never had much interest. I am glad I didn't read it as a kid. Being an adult and getting so wrapped up in Oz and the characters, including Dorothy felt almost intimate. Like I had been there before... Such a great series.
Mike_Lang
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 50592">The Life and Times of The Thunderbolt Kid</a>
Currently Reading: Mississippi Noir
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mike-lang.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Mike_Lang »

patrickt wrote:For me, reading is not a competitive activity. I've never times my reading. I can think of one book I finished in about four minutes because by page ten I was so disgusted I tossed it.
So you were "finished" with it, though you didn't complete it. I've had a few of those myself - Great answer!
Blood_and_Jokes
Currently Reading: Empire State
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blood-and-jokes.html
Latest Review: I Know My Way Memoir by Theresa Marafito with Linda Odubayo Thompson

Post by Blood_and_Jokes »

I often read new books quickly, because I'm genuinely excited to find out what happens next. Re-reads are slower, to pick up detail, but often it simply depends on what I'm spending the rest of the day doing.

(She says, firmly on the fence).
lauren0907
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren0907.html

Post by lauren0907 »

I read a book called silence in just under 8 hours. I of course had to stop to feed the kids and stop myself from sleeping. But it was a great book!
PashaRu
Currently Reading: Vicars of Christ - The Dark Side of the Papacy
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pasharu.html
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd

Post by PashaRu »

Because I have a Tardis, I can literally read a book in no time. :)
[Insert quote here. Read. Raise an eyebrow. Be mildly amused. Rinse & repeat.]
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd
bookworm1990
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm1990.html
Latest Review: "My Passage to Africa" by Brian C Rushton

Post by bookworm1990 »

I once read Anthem by Ayn Rand in one sitting. I know it's anovella but it was in 9th grade and I was really proud of myself for finishing it in one go. I read it while waiting at the doctor's office one day after school. I had really bad allergies and went twice a week to get shots to try to lesson my reaxtion. The whole process would take about an hour and a half and that's when I read the book.
Latest Review: "My Passage to Africa" by Brian C Rushton
Kickinitcountry24
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kickinitcountry24.html

Post by Kickinitcountry24 »

I usually like to get the entire series of a book and then read it all in a day or stay up the night reading. I think the fastest time I have read a book was in High School when I read a 4 book series in one night's sitting or about 3-4 hours. Once I an reading a book I can not really stop and put it down. Especially a good book, I will want to finish it super quick to know what all happen. Does that make ne impatient? Mmm probably so :P

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”