Have you ever changed your mind as for your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
krisihome
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Have you ever changed your mind as for your favorite boo

Post by krisihome »

I read every new release by Michael Connelly and each time I say that it's my favourite story and then he releases another one and I read that and that becomes my favourite story haha! You could say that every book I read by any of my favourite authors become my favourite story in that moment!
robert eggleton
Favorite Author: Kurt Vonnegut
fav_author_id: 2721

Post by robert eggleton »

without comparison, Rarity fro the Hollow is the best book ever written.
Kate_Emme
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-emme.html

Post by Kate_Emme »

I feel like my favorite books come and go like trends. I have some classic books and others that I truly love and re-read when I get the chance, but my current "favorite book or series" is usually something I have recently read or am half-way through.
sheryl_s66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheryl-s66.html

Post by sheryl_s66 »

all the time. there are always going to be new books that come out
Hendmosaad89
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hendmosaad89.html
Latest Review: "From Nathan to Nanako" by T.F. Wright

Post by Hendmosaad89 »

sglee425 wrote:My favorites are always changing. There's nothing better than reading a new favorite book.
I totally agree with you on this. I get very excited about reading and gaining a new favorite book.
I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Latest Review: "From Nathan to Nanako" by T.F. Wright
Katherine E Wall
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-e-wall.html
Latest Review: "Vietnam Memoirs: Part 1" by Don Bonsper

Post by Katherine E Wall »

I am always hard-pressed to choose a favorite book. It is always evolving. I actually end up dreading the question. Hmm, my favorite book, well, I guess that depends on the time of day, my mood, whether we are in the Age of Aquarius...

I, generally, love (or sometimes hate) the book I just finished reading. It is, by far, the one that influences me the most at that time. Sometimes, if someone mentions a book, I will remember it fondly, and I might even exclaim, "I love that book. It is one of my favorite books."

Often, I feel a bit guilty when others discuss this topic, and I wonder why I am not more faithful and committed. :lol:
"We awaken the muse with the spirit of creativity. We entomb it with the ghoul of self-doubt."

That's right, I have a muse. It is spelled MusE. My writing is influenced by the interactions of people I meet - us and ME.
Latest Review: "Vietnam Memoirs: Part 1" by Don Bonsper
Bibliophile97
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: So so many. . .
Currently Reading: 80 A.D. The Tekhan of Anuket
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliophile97.html
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Bibliophile97 »

Of course, I really like most of the books I read, but every once in a while a new book will come around that affects me profoundly and it will bump its way onto my favorite books list (a list because I can't bring myself to choose only one as my favorite).
mimi4ever33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimi4ever33.html

Post by mimi4ever33 »

I think this goes based on what you liked to read at certain ages. When I was about 8 or 9ish I read Twilight and thought it was the best thing in the world and was obsessed with it. That was introduction into romance novels. The about couple weeks later i read The Grey wolves series by Quinn Loftis and decided that was the best thing at about 10 years old. Then I kept going. So I think its mostly based on what you like to read and when you figure out what you like. Right now 50 shades darker is my favorite book and has been stable for quite a while.
Eleko14
Favorite Author: Tolkien
Favorite Book: Mary Stewarts Merlin Series
Currently Reading: The Alchemist of Souls
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eleko14.html
fav_author_id: 10389

Post by Eleko14 »

Not only do I change my mind sometimes when I read a new book, but I change my mind depending on my mood. I also have quite a few 'favorite' books :wink:
cathy1958

Post by cathy1958 »

Yes. My favorite book at three was MOP TOP. You grow up and tastes change.
Winter
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winter.html
Latest Review: "The 30-Day Writing Challenge" by Sara Crawford

Post by Winter »

I have favorites, but I don't think I could ever pinpoint a single favorite book above the others. That said, I think my favorites tend to stay. I've never had a book that I used to like a lot suddenly drop to one that I just thought was ok -- if it's on my favorites list, it's usually there to stay.
Latest Review: "The 30-Day Writing Challenge" by Sara Crawford
InspiredAngel

Post by InspiredAngel »

I wouldn't call it a change of mind to fall in love with another. May not be able to stack men on the shelf and pick at will, but books I can - pile them up and even have triplets, in case a friend wants to borrow; can't lose a hot one. :wink:

As with anything I enjoy - music, food, shows - it's usually me adding a favorite. Now my favorites are certainly tailored to timing and situations and more; for instance:

I'm enjoying the Magic Tree House book series with my son (I thank his teacher for putting us on to them),

Supernatural Childbirth remains top (no adding there, yet, probably not ever) for woman having issues with getting pregnant, carrying successfully and more. This is one I purchased multiple copies of, because it actually had gone O/P; picked up two more when it came back on the shelves and have been sharing away to women's heart's content.

Another new favorite, that I'm just getting into is Seeking Allah, Finding J*s*s. So far I'm impressed with the brilliance. Some Christians would have a problem with how he opens up, as if to lean one towards Islam, but that's the excellence of depth I will talk more on in my review later. :D
lilmaus11

Post by lilmaus11 »

All the time!!!! I find my favourite book changes with my mood so I refuse to pick a favourite so as to open myself up to new books an genre's of books
maggie mundy 57

Post by maggie mundy 57 »

My favorite has been The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant for a while now. Love it when you get to the end of a book and just go wow. How did they do that? Always on the lookout for a new fav.
rxxysh

Post by rxxysh »

Well,i couldn't pick one favorite book,for me it's more of a case of favorite authors.I found that even though i find new books and new authors to love,the ones that i loved years and years ago still get read again from time to time.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”