Male or Female main character?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
LASERRR__371
Favorite Author: penelope douglas
Favorite Book: Rival
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laserrr-371.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 8014

Re: Male or Female main character?

Post by LASERRR__371 »

I think it's interesting to see both male and female protagonists pov equally especially in romance novels, to know how they feel about eachother makes it overwhelming fun for readers and easy to connect with the story.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I can not say I prefer any one to the other. I guess it depends on the story as well. When the protagonist's gender is not revealed at first, I have often thought of them as either male or female in my head and then have had to change my thinking when they were revealed to be from the opposite gender!
I really enjoy stories with both a male and a female pov, that gives us such insight on how different people might think differently about the same situation!
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

I actually don't mind the sex of the protagonist as long as there is character development and the plot is very good. I enjoy both male and female protagonist,
Rumbly
Favorite Book: Warlock of the Magus World Series
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Rumbly »

Overall I prefer a female protagonist. They tend to have more romance geared novels which I enjoy, so I look forward to them.

I do like male protagonists for action orientated stories though. But lots of the novels with male protagonists I have read don't have a romance I'm looking for so I tend to check tags when it comes to male protagonists (ie. they have a harem; I'm not into that genre much >.<" )
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

Gender doesn't matter to me so much as how well written the character is. That being said, based on the books that I read, I seem to be half and half on reading books with female or male leads. I simply like a good story and believable characters.
Ronaponka
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ronaponka »

I want a female character if its action or something to do with thrill . its just theyre awesome and amazing
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by rave_2 »

Gender doesn't really matter much to me. I read books with both male and female main characters.
Just reading... :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”