speed reading program

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
ohim89
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Bookshelf Size: 0

speed reading program

Post by ohim89 » 19 Aug 2008, 22:25

hi every one

i wanted to ask about the speed reading program?

why don"t you use such programs. it can help you to read 4 or 5 times faster.
it's known that the normal reading speed is 150--250 w/pm
a speed reader can read at very high speeds like 800or more.

just tell me your opinion please.

have a nice day

Wordsgood

Post by Wordsgood » 22 Aug 2008, 23:02

Personally, I prefer to take the time to enjoy my books. I read at a fair speed, but I enjoy at whatever pace I feel like.

blue_doona32

Post by blue_doona32 » 23 Aug 2008, 00:08

I agree with Wordsgood. If you read something in half the time, do you really enjoy it more? I think that if read at a fairly decent rate and soaking up all that there is to be had from a book, it doesn't matter how fast you can read it.

The only thing I can think of speed reading coming in handy would be if I procrastinated on reading a book for school and had a test on it the next day... maybe I should invest in that speed reading haha
the difference between the right word and the almost right is really a large matter. It is the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning ~Mark Twain

ohim89

Post by ohim89 » 23 Aug 2008, 02:42

frankly :oops:

there is lack of entertainment in this process.
you may be able to reach very fast rates(may be 1000 w/pm) but its not very enjoyable.
for students i really don't advocate it.cause for the test it needs alot of efforts.

i have practiced this program for one month, in my language it was great immagine that i was able to read about 3 books perday. but in english it was toooo defficult.
there is a theory stresses that "when ever your speed increase your comprehention comes better"

any how it's a very huge topic.
by the way i wanted to ask if it's allowed to put ebooks in the forum because i have many great books?

thanks

Wordsgood

Post by Wordsgood » 24 Aug 2008, 10:51

ohim89 wrote:frankly :oops:
any how it's a very huge topic.
by the way i wanted to ask if it's allowed to put ebooks in the forum because i have many great books?

thanks
I would PM Scott to see before actually posting any ebooks. Perhaps just post a link to them?

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”