How many books do you read at once?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Moodykelz_10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: How many books do you read at once?

Post by Moodykelz_10 »

Just the one, I'm a fast reader so it's grand. Any more than this and I'm lost in plots lol I'm an all or nothing girl lol
Lefrog
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lefrog »

One book at a time. I don't get why you would read more than one at a time.
Inmortalbooklover
Currently Reading: Glass Sword
Bookshelf Size: 46

Post by Inmortalbooklover »

I normally only read a book at a time except when I also have to read another book for school
Aditi Sapate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi-sapate.html
Latest Review: Miracles Love a Believer by Stacy Manning Casaluci

Post by Aditi Sapate »

5 is my personal best. :lol:
I do understand when you say you don't want to part with a book you're entirely engrossed in. But when you can't carry your book everywhere, you have several different books in different formats. This way you can be reading anytime you have a little free time.
Reynaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reynaa.html
Latest Review: Sucsexful: by Rachel Martin

Post by Reynaa »

I can only manage one book at a time! I don't like to get books confused or having to re-read, it breaks the immersion for me.
My mom reads THREE at a time! I just can't see how! She said if she gets bored with one or doesn't feel in the mood for that genre, she just picks another one!
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

Before starting OBC I could never read more than one book at a time. Now that I am reading for "work" I read 2 at a time. It can get a little daunting trying to figure out which book I want to/feel like I should read and sometimes I get a bit resentful when I want to read my "for fun" book and I haven't read at minimum (5%) of my review book.

It has been really helpful to me to designate my lunch time during the week and when I close which gives me some free time as my Reviewing time.

It also helps that all my OBC books are read on my kindle.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
nicole-adrianne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-adrianne.html
Latest Review: Chubby Wubbles by M. J. Abrams

Post by nicole-adrianne »

I love finishing one at a time, it feels like a bigger accomplishment to me when I don't have other projects in progress...with that said, I guess I've got three going at the moment.
One feels like a duck, splashing around in all this wet. And when one feels like a duck, one is happy!
HanSmith97
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hansmith97.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy Book 1 by Claire Youmans

Post by HanSmith97 »

I am usually reading three books at one time. One audiobook, one for pleasure and one for online book club. I don't find it too different not to get confused. The way I look at it is you can watch more than one TV show in a week and not get confused so why is a book confusing?
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

I can't read one than one book at once. I'll get the stories mixed up and I think I won't be invested in the storyline as much.
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

It’s usually one book for pleasure.
tanner87cbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanner87cbs.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by tanner87cbs »

One to two at a time. I will normally be reading one non-fiction and one fiction.
Bookgirl91
Favorite Author: Gregory Maguire
Currently Reading: Kill Creek
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 3091

Post by Bookgirl91 »

I'm terrible at picking books up, starting them, then picking up another. My issue is I want to read everything now, so at any given time I may have as many as 8 books which will include books I'm analysing or using for research. Normally 3 is the max for the books I'm reading for fun, and it's likely a case that some of those books are heavy in content and I need a break from them.
eliviac35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliviac35.html
Latest Review: Tears & Laughters by Ray R. F.

Post by eliviac35 »

Loveabull wrote: 24 Feb 2014, 19:39 I can have a different book I'm reading in literally every room of the house, purse and locker at work too.
I wish I had the attention span to do this. I get too confused trying to read more than one book at a time.
eliviac35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliviac35.html
Latest Review: Tears & Laughters by Ray R. F.

Post by eliviac35 »

I get far too attached to the characters to put one book on pause to start another. I have to find out what happens in the book I am reading before I can even think about reading something else.
edztan15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edztan15.html
Latest Review: Sex Business Tokyo by Alta Eva Bourne

Post by edztan15 »

I think I can only read a maximum of two at a time, but they have to be in different formats (ebook, actual book, etc.). But usually, I try to keep it just one at a time.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”