how many books do you own?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Post Reply
User avatar
Dolor
Posts: 1897
Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 14:41
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal: 5
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 140
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Re: how many books do you own?

Post by Dolor » 12 Nov 2017, 07:32

I don't own any book. I just visit libraries and borrow books. I usually rent romance pocket books.

User avatar
Steph K
Posts: 180
Joined: 23 Apr 2017, 16:01
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 20
Currently Reading: River of Teeth
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steph-k.html
Latest Review: Ever After by H M Irwing

Post by Steph K » 30 Nov 2017, 09:33

I used to write them down in a notebook too. Now I use Goodreads. I love that site. It has bookshelves, kind of like OBC. You can track your read books, books you own, favorites, your to be read list, and other things. I'm not sure how many books I actually own. Hundreds, probably. I have two bookshelves in my house, and all my books don't fit on them!

User avatar
Dolor
Posts: 1897
Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 14:41
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal: 5
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 140
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor » 30 Nov 2017, 09:54

Steph K wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 09:33
I used to write them down in a notebook too. Now I use Goodreads. I love that site. It has bookshelves, kind of like OBC. You can track your read books, books you own, favorites, your to be read list, and other things. I'm not sure how many books I actually own. Hundreds, probably. I have two bookshelves in my house, and all my books don't fit on them!
Wow! You're the bookworm!

Did you read them all or did you just let worms crawl on them? 🤤 geeez... ✌

Kidding aside, which genre do you like?

User avatar
Steph K
Posts: 180
Joined: 23 Apr 2017, 16:01
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 20
Currently Reading: River of Teeth
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steph-k.html
Latest Review: Ever After by H M Irwing

Post by Steph K » 30 Nov 2017, 10:34

Dolor wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 09:54
Steph K wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 09:33
I used to write them down in a notebook too. Now I use Goodreads. I love that site. It has bookshelves, kind of like OBC. You can track your read books, books you own, favorites, your to be read list, and other things. I'm not sure how many books I actually own. Hundreds, probably. I have two bookshelves in my house, and all my books don't fit on them!
Wow! You're the bookworm!

Did you read them all or did you just let worms crawl on them? 🤤 geeez... ✌

Kidding aside, which genre do you like?
Science Fiction and Fantasy, mostly.

User avatar
Dolor
Posts: 1897
Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 14:41
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal: 5
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 140
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor » 30 Nov 2017, 10:35

Steph K wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 10:34
Dolor wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 09:54
Steph K wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 09:33
I used to write them down in a notebook too. Now I use Goodreads. I love that site. It has bookshelves, kind of like OBC. You can track your read books, books you own, favorites, your to be read list, and other things. I'm not sure how many books I actually own. Hundreds, probably. I have two bookshelves in my house, and all my books don't fit on them!
Wow! You're the bookworm!

Did you read them all or did you just let worms crawl on them? 🤤 geeez... ✌

Kidding aside, which genre do you like?
Science Fiction and Fantasy, mostly.
Are all your books at home in those specific genres only?

User avatar
Steph K
Posts: 180
Joined: 23 Apr 2017, 16:01
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 20
Currently Reading: River of Teeth
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steph-k.html
Latest Review: Ever After by H M Irwing

Post by Steph K » 30 Nov 2017, 10:56

Dolor wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 10:35
Steph K wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 10:34
Dolor wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 09:54


Wow! You're the bookworm!

Did you read them all or did you just let worms crawl on them? 🤤 geeez... ✌

Kidding aside, which genre do you like?
Science Fiction and Fantasy, mostly.
Are all your books at home in those specific genres only?
No, I have a wide variety. I've got a lot of romance books, and a lot of classics, and also a lot of YA.

User avatar
Dolor
Posts: 1897
Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 14:41
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal: 5
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 140
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor » 30 Nov 2017, 11:22

Steph K wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 10:56
Dolor wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 10:35
Steph K wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 10:34


Science Fiction and Fantasy, mostly.
Are all your books at home in those specific genres only?
No, I have a wide variety. I've got a lot of romance books, and a lot of classics, and also a lot of YA.
😍 Romance is my favourite genre too.

Did you buy them all? What made you collect them? Are all your family members into reading? Here I go again with my inquisitiveness. 😷

I imagine your house like a library where all of you are reading. No room for noise. 😃

User avatar
Steph K
Posts: 180
Joined: 23 Apr 2017, 16:01
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 20
Currently Reading: River of Teeth
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steph-k.html
Latest Review: Ever After by H M Irwing

Post by Steph K » 30 Nov 2017, 12:44

Dolor wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 11:22
Steph K wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 10:56
Dolor wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 10:35


Are all your books at home in those specific genres only?
No, I have a wide variety. I've got a lot of romance books, and a lot of classics, and also a lot of YA.
😍 Romance is my favourite genre too.

Did you buy them all? What made you collect them? Are all your family members into reading? Here I go again with my inquisitiveness. 😷

I imagine your house like a library where all of you are reading. No room for noise. 😃
All my family members are into reading as well. My mom is a teacher, so she always encouraged reading. I like to have my own copies of my favorite books, and I've bought a lot used or really cheap at yard sales.

User avatar
Dolor
Posts: 1897
Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 14:41
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal: 5
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 140
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor » 30 Nov 2017, 13:03

Steph K wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 12:44
Dolor wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 11:22
Steph K wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 10:56

No, I have a wide variety. I've got a lot of romance books, and a lot of classics, and also a lot of YA.
😍 Romance is my favourite genre too.

Did you buy them all? What made you collect them? Are all your family members into reading? Here I go again with my inquisitiveness. 😷

I imagine your house like a library where all of you are reading. No room for noise. 😃
All my family members are into reading as well. My mom is a teacher, so she always encouraged reading. I like to have my own copies of my favorite books, and I've bought a lot used or really cheap at yard sales.
Aha! Great idea! Books generally cost high specially hardbound.

When I was young, I usually look at all the pictures in books first. If a picture catches my attention, that's when I start reading about it. 😄

User avatar
Jolyon Trevelyan
Posts: 378
Joined: 13 May 2015, 18:07
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan » 04 Dec 2017, 19:35

I know have 795 books
A mistake is simply another way of doing things

User avatar
Insightsintobooks729
Posts: 291
Joined: 04 Dec 2017, 10:28
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 » 05 Dec 2017, 10:28

I have 1174 ebooks and one 3 hard copies, sadly our we don't have room for bookshelves :(.

User avatar
TiffM
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 Nov 2017, 19:24
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by TiffM » 07 Dec 2017, 02:16

I have 26 paper books 27 including a dictionary and 54 e-books.

Maroosh
Posts: 19
Joined: 06 Dec 2017, 12:07
Currently Reading: Kidnapped
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maroosh.html
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Maroosh » 07 Dec 2017, 03:13

I have a very huge collection of mostly unread books. My library just got bigger because I also brought my grandparents' books to my house after they passed away and they were also avid readers

User avatar
Mjgarrison
Posts: 383
Joined: 30 Aug 2017, 10:38
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 20
Currently Reading: message in the bottle
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mjgarrison.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by Mjgarrison » 07 Dec 2017, 16:36

I counted 134, but I did not count my children's book collection. I have at least 300 of those.

User avatar
kingslexasoh1000
Posts: 89
Joined: 06 Nov 2017, 11:48
2018 Reading Goal: 1000
2017 Reading Goal: 150
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 2
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 68
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119

Post by kingslexasoh1000 » 08 Dec 2017, 10:08

I have around 83 books....I guess.
:tiphat:

Post Reply

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”