how many books do you own?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
LKCooper
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Breaking Sandcastles</a>
Currently Reading: Sherlock Holmes Detective Agency
Bookshelf Size: 15

Re: how many books do you own?

Post by LKCooper »

Hundreds. Some of these people in the thousands category sure got me beat!! :shock:
lindsycummins
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by lindsycummins »

I have 25 books
Richhaygood
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richhaygood.html
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Richhaygood »

Have to admit that I cannot tell you exactly how many I own. Most of the collection is hard back and ranges from psychology to action and horror. Do not intend to stop building the collection any time soon.
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch
Nacih Mohssine
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=19897">A Hunger Artist</a>
Currently Reading: The Sun Also Rises
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Nacih Mohssine »

Actually, it is hard for me to count how many books I do have. First, I consider all that is written is a sort of a book. Second, I count also digital books as books as they are as far as I have access to them. I read in three languages: English, Arabic and French. Almost all books i have read are written in English even though my mother tongue is Arabic. But English is the language I have my BA and Master degrees in. I think so far, I have read more than 300 books, some books I have read more than four times, like The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway.
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

I think there are at least a bit over 200 books in my possession but I have only probably read half of them - a little over a 100.
love2
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by love2 »

Not so many just only around 20 some are text books, best seller books and fictional books. And regarding money investment. But I love all kinds of books such as biography, history, adventure and many others
Sangram

Post by Sangram »

not counted recently, but around hundreds...
Musenya Munyalo

Post by Musenya Munyalo »

I have read many book which are borrowed from friends . I have around 15 books only. I look forward to reading and owning more books
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Storygamer88 »

I probably have over a hundred books, but as far as books that I own and like and care about owning, maybe only 10 or so. The rest could probably be burned in a house fire and I wouldn't mind so much.
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
maryspirito

Post by maryspirito »

I have at least 100 books! Maybe more if I include my kids' as well :) i just LOVE THEM!!!
TobiOrNotTobi
Currently Reading: Dracula
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by TobiOrNotTobi »

Probably a couple hundred. It's overwhelming me, because I'll never be able to make my room organized with all these stacks of books, and I don't have enough space to put in another bookcase. On top of all this, I'm in the process of getting even more books. It's never ending, but at least I'm reading them.
"Grief is deeper when the sun goes down and memories rise up with the moon and stars." - "A Lineage of Grace" by Francine Rivers
masterhawk88
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-masterhawk88.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by masterhawk88 »

I'm not entirely sure. I own over 2000 comic books (I got them all stupid cheap at a going out of business sale) And I have a large storage building full of books in containers, not to mention 6 large bookshelves full in my house. Best guess I'd say between the books and comics I've got somewhere around 5-6 thousand works of literature.

And I've read the vast majority of them. This is counting children's books, novels, my comics, graphic novels, poetry, play scripts ect. Some are duplicates, some I tried reading and couldn't finish, and a few are really old or damaged so I just put them away for fear of causing more harm to them.

My pride and joy in an airtight case hanging on my wall is a first edition copy of the Hobbit I found while cleaning out an old house. It's damaged beyond being of any real value but it's my treasure.
Through books, I have lived not just one life but thousands.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
HopeReads
Currently Reading: The Confederacy of Dunces
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by HopeReads »

Never Enough!
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

I have now reached 750 books.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
EMoffat
Currently Reading: Norse Mythology
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emoffat.html
Latest Review: A Life In Waiting by Katrina Benson

Post by EMoffat »

I must have around a thousand and something by now. I love my books so much, I cant throw them away or give them up. I have been collecting them all since I was a child so I am not sure of the exact number, but it is a lot!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”