how many books do you own?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Re: how many books do you own?

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I do not know the exact number but I'm sure my stock taking won't take more than an hour.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Snowhite189
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Snowhite189 »

I haven't counted it either but i have lots pocket books mostly i just keep them in my room well i still have my computer books which has been longed used for during my college days and not to mention my dictionary for my future reference hehe.
What goes around comes around
elacora
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elacora.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by elacora »

I am at...306 physical books I could find on my bookshelves here in my room, not to count all the volumes on my Nook and on my Kindle app, not to mention the ones I've traded in to various used bookstores over the years. I've moved a lot in my life so I started converting to digital just to keep from having to carry them to third story apartments!
djknott1
Favorite Book: Ceremony of the Innocent
Currently Reading: The Widow of the South
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-djknott1.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by djknott1 »

9 bookcases, back room full, piles in bedroom, more than 500 in living room and kitchen plus the 20 or so I carry in car. Putting a quick number to it would be about 3,650. There is a used book sale coming up in May...
Geekynb42
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Geekynb42 »

In an attempt to tidy and declutter my room, I got a bit sidetracked so I ended up counting all of my books. I got to 300 then realised there were 15 other boxes that had book's in and have left them for another day.
Little sandy
Currently Reading:

Post by Little sandy »

Last count I have 503 books and 7395 ebooks (I ran out of room in my house) :lol:
El Bougha

Post by El Bougha »

i have 4000+ and i've spent only 18 years collecting them :D
book worm1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-worm1.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by book worm1 »

I currently have about 1000 books. I have them piled in every corner of my house. I am a certified book hoarder. I used to have about 2000 books but donated a bunch to a cousin who was opening a rural library. I am in the process of downsizing my collection again (very hard). My children have outgrown many of the books so I am lucky that I know many teachers who can put the books to good use.
glorobwil
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by glorobwil »

I have about3000 books in my home I love to read more then anything
DarkeSkye
Currently Reading: It
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by DarkeSkye »

I don't know an exact number because I have books everywhere. In drawers, bookshelves, closets, Rubbermaid tubs. I go though them every so often looking at what I have, what I want to keep, amd ones I may want to take to the used bookstore for cash or store credit.

I read everything from comics, manga, graphic novels, to young adult and nonfiction. I enjoy reading as much as I enjoy music. Books transport you to places you may never get to visit and allows you to be anything you want to be.
Debbypanda
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debbypanda.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Debbypanda »

Wouldn't be able to count them all
cyndisays
Currently Reading: The Doom Murders
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyndisays.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by cyndisays »

I own over 500 books. I collect any and all types of books, building my library all the time
evan_Niko

Post by evan_Niko »

While I know it's not impossible to count all of my books, I believe a good answer would be A LOT. There's many I haven't read, mostly the non-fiction books, but a hefty few I have read and loved. I believe they're gaining value the longer I own them. Even though I have little space I still find myself digging through the plentiful selections at second-hand stores. They're still good, people!
Dan_A
Currently Reading: Be strong
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-a.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dan_A »

I have not counted my books. I think it is more than a hundred books. I purchased books once in a year when several bookstores come to Rodrigues Island to sell their books. We have only one public library and a mini bookstore selling clothes also. Therefore we haven't many books here.
I download many ebooks and read from my smartphone and laptop.
Noelo

Post by Noelo »

I have books. The numbers not countable.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”