how many books do you own?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
drunyan
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drunyan.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Re: how many books do you own?

Post by drunyan »

I probably have about 500-600. I had them all over the house, in bathrooms, bedrooms, closets, etc. So I gathered them all together in one place. My husband was not happy when he saw how many there were! I gave away/donated about 1000. Most of the ones on my shelves are either books I am keeping as references, or books I plan to read
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I'll admit I have a problem, I have over 300 physical books and my kindle library is over 5,000. I have this silly notion that I want to read every book I can haha I was told that the average person only reads 3000 books in their lifetime and I think that's kind of sad.
LiteraryBear
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by LiteraryBear »

I counted a couple of years ago so I don't remember the exact number but it was right around 1500.
Cassidyfairen

Post by Cassidyfairen »

I mainly read books from the library or give away my books when I am done with them so not to have overflowing bookshelves. In total I have about 24 books, depending if there are a couple hiding under my bed.
ImageRae
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 169
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imagerae.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by ImageRae »

Hello all, fellow bookworm here. Its great to see that I am not the only book hoarder in the world, ha-ha. Currently, my library size is about 450(?) give or take a couple. Half of those are all one author. And I've probably read every single one at least 3 times. Good reads, ya know?
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Miss Understood
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Miss Understood »

:techie-studyinggray:
If nook titles count I have around 1800. I know some of you have a lot more, but I've only had the nook for 1 year.
Kimber72
Currently Reading: Blood Fury
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Kimber72 »

If I remember correctly the last time I counted it was around 450-500.But then again that was almost a year ago when i had to reorganize shelves,and I've bought many since then :D
speedie
Currently Reading: Asymptote
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by speedie »

Our book shelves are "down" to about 700 books. I have so many ebooks backed up that I cannot find them all. If a person averages reading 3000 books in their lifetime, I surpassed that before I left High School. I read an average of one book per day. (300 to 400 pages on average).
AbbyGNelson
Currently Reading: Heir to the Empire
Bookshelf Size: 839
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbygnelson.html
Latest Review: Asa's Gift by Isaac Green

Post by AbbyGNelson »

I haven't counted yet, but i have two shelves full. Maybe around 100?
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

About 500? I'm not really sure I'll have to count them the next time I decide to arrange them. And I definitely want more books. I plan to have a full library in my future house.
Amanda726
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Amanda726 »

I have books in about four different peoples houses probably adding up to 500+ books
AlainaElric
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110

Post by AlainaElric »

I haven't really counted, but I have copies of some book series, and through moving so many times, people stealing my books, or throwing them out rather than me having them, I have much less than I should. I'd say at least 90 physical books.
pinefamily
Currently Reading: Magician
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by pinefamily »

I've never counted them. We have downsized a little since moving last, but still have 7 bookcases full. I haven't bought a book in nearly 2 years, partly because I have been reading unread ones on the shelves, and partly because I have been making use of our local library.
Adnilem

Post by Adnilem »

So many books,,i never counted but most of theme are Danielle Steel novels,,and Readers Digest..so much fun in reading..
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

I'm not sure about the exact number, however, it is around 150. It adds up really fast when you actually count them. I thought it wasn't nearly as much.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”