how many books do you own?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
perksofbeingme
Bookshelf Size: 0

how many books do you own?

Post by perksofbeingme »

I've recently decided to list my books in a notebook so i now have started listing them and im not anywhere near done and im already at 100 so i was wonderring how many books everyone else owns?
How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Niphredil

Post by Niphredil »

Jesus, thousands...they are everywhere. My room is full. My sisters room is full. We built an extension to our house and now thats full as well, AND I keep finding them in odd places. Its getting rediculous, so I've stopped buying them for the time being. Focus on reading some of them instead!
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

Yes I'd be up in the thousands too. Boxes and shelves and piles and stacks!
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

anita blake

Post by anita blake »

I had loads borrowed and never returned and several stolen, so I don't have as many as I should.

I think I have in the region of 200. Which I shifted around my lounge 5 times last night trying to fit a new sofa in the room.. glad I don't have as many as I want lol :roll:
A real book is not one that we read, but one that reads us. Auden, W. H
Ender

Post by Ender »

I have a few books. I recently started living in my own place, so my stuff is my own now. I'm working on a small library for the time being, but I'm sitting at around 100, maybe a little less.
Inkling

Post by Inkling »

My book collection currently numbers 637...including various text books.
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.
James00

Post by James00 »

I have only few books. I have around 10 books only, and the rest of the books I read are borrowed from my friends. :D
j2page1

Post by j2page1 »

right around 400, moving is a pain
FavoriteMistake

Post by FavoriteMistake »

some where between 350-400. I'm just getting started! :0) More if you count text books and devotional books.
Wells83

Post by Wells83 »

I've never counted. A couple hundred I would guess. I have five bookshelves full.
Wordsgood

Post by Wordsgood »

Several hundred. Couldn't for sure exactly how many as I haven't counted them in years. All I know is I don't have a single room with books in them! 8)
Surfer001

Post by Surfer001 »

2 overflowing bookcases full :D :wink:
Kathy B

Post by Kathy B »

6 bookshelves, some 2 layers deep. Lotsa books. I wonder if people think that it's strange when they visit... because I think it's strange to go into a house with no books visible. Anyone else feel that way?
page turner

Post by page turner »

354 to be exact - I counted today when my partner said "don't you have enough already?"

This doesn't include the childhood books my mum and dad are holding onto for me
DiaBoLic

Post by DiaBoLic »

ive borrowed a lot from my friend who is an avid reader, so i only have around 30 books.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”