Reading indoors or outdoors?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
roberts-rl
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roberts-rl.html

Reading indoors or outdoors?

Post by roberts-rl »

Do you prefer reading indoors or outdoors?
CrazyBookFan1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazybookfan1.html

Post by CrazyBookFan1 »

I prefer reading indoors because there are usually less distractions. Don't get me wrong, reading outdoors is nice but I don't want to risk getting the book dirty.
Loveabull
Favorite Author: Too many to list
Favorite Book: Too many to count

Post by Loveabull »

Usually indoors, during the summer poolside or at the playground outdoors. I prefer indoors only because I'm not a sun worshipper in any way and I hate gnats, skeeters, ants, spiders...inside fewer bugs and climate controlled :D
" The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it."
teddied33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teddied33.html

Post by teddied33 »

I read everywhere! I will read a book on my phone in the check out line or sitting on the couch. Poolside is problematic as wearing sunglasses is a guaranteed way to put me to sleep but sometimes you just have to persevere.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

BOTH!!
sissybear
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sissybear.html

Post by sissybear »

Indoors during the winter, outdoors during the summer, but I think I would rather be outside in the sun
amcdaniel_01
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcdaniel-01.html
Latest Review: "Poor Percival Stories (Tale 1)" by Matthew Milson

Post by amcdaniel_01 »

I'm a complete nature nut and so I love reading outside, sitting in a tree or something. In fact, in a year or so, I plan on attempting a full thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail. I will most definitely be bringing my kindle and I can think of nothing better than hiking and reading outside for six months.
Latest Review: "Poor Percival Stories (Tale 1)" by Matthew Milson
NicolleRoberts
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicolleroberts.html

Post by NicolleRoberts »

I live in quite a sunny country so sometimes its a pain to read outside (though I have had on many occasions sunglasses marks to prove that I do) I prefer curled up with my kindle or a paperback somewhere quiet and cosy, and comfortable above everything else! (sofa or large chair).

But to be honest I will read anywhere, i read in my lunch hour at work, off the computer if I forget to bring a book/battery goes flat, in the bath, in bed, when eating (sorry mum but I can't break that habit!) and especially if taking a plane journey.
MisakiYuu

Post by MisakiYuu »

I prefer reading indoors, because reading outdoors can sometimes be stressful. I have a hard time with insects and traffic noise where I live, so I would just rather stay indoors, being comfy in my room, and read to my heart's content.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I usually read indoors since it is more comfy for me.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Dream Spinner
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dream-spinner.html

Post by Dream Spinner »

Indoors: Tea, couch, or dessert, curl up with a blanket and a lamp.
K-katastrophe3
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Favorite Book: Remembrance by Jude Deveraux
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-katastrophe3.html
Latest Review: "Spellhollow Wood" by Joseph Scotti
fav_author_id: 3137

Post by K-katastrophe3 »

That is sort of a hard question to answer. I think really it depends on my mood and how mice it is outside. i absolutely curling up inside when it is storming outside. The sound is absolutely soothing, perfect for reading. But then there are times when I feel that a nice cloudy day outside, surrounded by the sounds of nature, is also soothing. I do not typically like to read in direct sunlight though. So.. unless its nice and slightly overcast.. I wont really read outside unless I have something shading me.
“Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.” -Acheron in Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Latest Review: "Spellhollow Wood" by Joseph Scotti
furyWithAK

Post by furyWithAK »

I prefer reading indoors. When you read outdoors, there are so many factors to consider such as weather, temperature and location. It's hard to find a day with the right temperature, little to no wind, lots of sun so that you can settle on a comfortable spot.
KevinP

Post by KevinP »

Has to be indoors for me. Although that doesn't necessarily mean inside my house. I read a lot on the bus and when i am waiting at coffee shops. For some reason it just feels weird reading a book outside.
Wildicetiger
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildicetiger.html

Post by Wildicetiger »

Depends on my mood , i live in a house in the countryside so sometimes during rainy summer days or fall/spring warm days i love to go outside sit in a big pillow chair with tea and read - listening to the singing birds and the gentle wind or the rain quietly dripping . But during the winter i read indoors with a cup of warm tea in my bed or on the floor with a lot of pillows.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”