Do you take a book to read at doctor's appointments?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Re: Do you take a book to read at doctor's appointments?

Post by GPM »

Never thought of it but I am sure I will next time.
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Cátia Rato
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 451
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catiarato.html
Latest Review: The Inmate by Alan P. Woodruff

Post by Cátia Rato »

I take a book everywhere! And when I don't have one, I look for it online to keep reading it on my phone!
Star88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star88.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Star88 »

No, I'm usually too nervous to concentrate on a book. I had a mean pediatrician as a child, so now I feel nervous going to the doctor even though there is nothing to be afraid of.
Dorothy Davis
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Dorothy Davis »

I usually take a book to read for my doctors appointments when I go in a little early because I know I will have a short wait. It passes the time by faster.
Buchacha21
Currently Reading: China Virus
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buchacha21.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Buchacha21 »

Definitely! I bring my Kindle. (And I usually leave work early so I have an excuse to sit and read for a while :p)
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

I always have a book with me. At least one in my purse plus the ones on my kindle app. I'm always reading.
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
chloe0x29a
Currently Reading: Lustmord
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chloe0x29a »

I basically never leave home without one of my kindles especially for appointments and waiting rooms. I find any chance to read when waiting anymore.
Mailis
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mailis »

I take a book everywhere. It frustrated my mother a lot when I was a teenager. For example I took couple of books with me on a our international vacation where I lugged them around in my backpack through all the countless long hilly sightseeing walking tours and winding castle roads and church stairs...
lynnkenney
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lynnkenney »

yes, my kindle or phone is always charged and has a book. :)
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

Absolutely! Anytime you have a free moment for reading, don't waste it! :)
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

Absolutely. I take a book with me anywhere I think I might have to wait. In some cases, I get a LOT of reading done waiting and waiting and waiting. Having a good book to read while waiting can also help me keep my blood pressure down.
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by rave_2 »

I don't think I've ever done that before. However, I have read while waiting for any dentist appointments I had to go to.
Just reading... :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

I always have something to read with me. It used to always be a physical book, but living in Japan and exclusively using public transportation, I try to travel light wherever I go, so I use the Kindle app on my phone.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
aks9120
Favorite Author: J.R. Ward
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0
fav_author_id: 4145

Post by aks9120 »

Of course i do.i take a book everywhere.i ride the city bus and read while waiting for the bus,on the bus and anywhere i have to wait anywhere.
Lil Reads
Currently Reading: Chip’s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lil-reads.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Lil Reads »

Yes! I usually try to have a book and a back up book every time I'm going somewhere. If I have to go with my mom, she usually makes me leave the back up at home unless the book I'm currently reading has less than one hundred pages left. Bike Week traffic can get really bad where I live - to get anywhere I pass by a really beloved local bar/restaurant with live music, two smaller bars with camping grounds, AND a motorcycle store - so I've literally sat in my mom's car and finished one book then make a decent dent in another, then if there is an accident or traffic delays, I've finished multiple books.

Whenever I have to get blood drawn there is always a wait in a lobby with a TV on mute turned to a morning news show or a game show, though recently they have been much better about getting people in and out, but I'm not sure if that is due to the new location or new equipment. My doctor usually tries to get to me quickly since my appointment is usually the last of the day and he wants to go home too.

Recently, I've been using a Playaway if I have go to the grocery store during busy times (e.g. weekend only sales or when there is only one or two lanes open). Even when the volume is up, I can still look around and get ready to load my groceries or grab a self checkout.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”