Do you like to collect book markers?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
srkilgour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srkilgour.html
Latest Review: Blue Collar Cash by Ken Rusk

Re: Do you like to collect book markers?

Post by srkilgour »

I used to when I was younger but now that I use my kindle so often I don't anymore. If I'm reading a physical book it's more than likely from the library so I usually just use the library receipt since it's normally already in the book anyways.
Jen319164
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jen319164.html
Latest Review: "Wishes" by Leila Virou

Post by Jen319164 »

I don't neccesarily collect them but I love shopping for them i just feel like it the accesory to my reading
Latest Review: "Wishes" by Leila Virou
dlachance9
Favorite Author: Tom Robbins
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dlachance9.html
Latest Review: "Warp and Weft" by Vinay Jalla
fav_author_id: 3036

Post by dlachance9 »

I always end up using the receipt that came with the book.
Latest Review: "Warp and Weft" by Vinay Jalla
Jasmin Herrmann
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasmin-herrmann.html

Post by Jasmin Herrmann »

Oh yeah....I love em :) I always try to use one that fits the book. Currently I'm into the ones with magnets! I also always bring some home from my travels and it's the favorite presents of my friends for me...I'm litterally swimming in book markers but I just can't throw em away:)
Joelienell
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joelienell.html

Post by Joelienell »

I use things such as movie tickets or letters at bookmarks. It makes me smile every time I open my book and see it :lol:
casey238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-casey238.html

Post by casey238 »

I only have one I've been using for years.
sabbysteg
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabbysteg.html

Post by sabbysteg »

I started out with a handful but now have over 450 bookmarks. I need to pare down!
jsimms3

Post by jsimms3 »

No, I just use a scrap piece of paper
Agne
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agne.html

Post by Agne »

No, I usually just use one or two of my favorites (depends on how many books I read at the same time).
Tonya
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: honest illusions by Nora Roberts
Currently Reading: elegy
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by Tonya »

I don't collect them,but I have many of them.
Girlcoupon29

Post by Girlcoupon29 »

I personally love bookmarks. I'm especially drawn to the ones with charms lately. I bought a bronze mermaid with sea star and shell charms, really cute,
Jasmin Herrmann
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasmin-herrmann.html

Post by Jasmin Herrmann »

You can virtually use anything as a book marker. I sometimes also use anything that lies around and seems fitting. I once got this really awesome tag from some shirt I bought and used it as a book marker:)
Bookworm0266
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm0266.html
Latest Review: "Other (This title is supposed to have a checkmark in front of it, but the form disallowed it.)" by Cindy Campopiano

Post by Bookworm0266 »

K-katastrophe3 wrote:I used to collect them. Though the last one i collected is the one I still use. I used to collect all shapes and sizes, but when I got this one, I never used any other again. I was given this book maker as a gift, it is two magnets held together by a thin backing (mine is of styrofoam) which allows it to fold over the page without damaging it. It is also small enough that you can place it directly on the line you left off on. It is amazing and I have used it for years. So no more collecting for me I guess.

Do you know of where I could find the bookmark like the one you described? Sounds awesome.
Latest Review: "Other (This title is supposed to have a checkmark in front of it, but the form disallowed it.)" by Cindy Campopiano
crashlee012
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crashlee012.html

Post by crashlee012 »

I grab any book mark I can find. Sadly, I always end up losing them in my books. Once I was re-reading a book I hadn't read since sixth grade and I found an old piece of paper I had used as a book mark. It was a Doctor's note from when I had pneumonia :P
fari30
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fari30.html

Post by fari30 »

I have a couple of handful, about 20 or 30 and I don’t really use all of them, but I like them and I don’t know what it is about it, but whenever I see a bookmark, I have to get them!
My weekend is all booked!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”