Looking for a Book Series

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
cwenger
Bookshelf Size: 0

Looking for a Book Series

Post by cwenger »

I am looking for the author of book series who I think is a best selling author. The series is about descendents of a man who lived in the 17 hundreds. I think his last name was Smith. This man and his descendents had special psychic powers that enabled them to predict the future, be very good detectives, etc.

One recent book in the series is about a woman who had the physic power to be a very good detective. Her half sister was about to be murdered by her husband. The woman went to her sister's house to find that the husband had been killed, and she was blamed for the murder. It turns out that the murder, as well of other murders, was done by a most trusted associate of the father of the sisters.

If anyone can list possible authors, I would be very appreciative. Thank you.
Ribaldo

Post by Ribaldo »

Jennifer Allison
L.J. Smith
Jim Butcher

Anything else you can tell me if it's not one of those authors?
When tweetle beetles battle with paddles in a puddle, they call it a tweetle-beetle-puddle-paddle-battle. ~ Dr. Seuss
cwenger

Post by cwenger »

Ribaldo, thanks for your answer.

I looked a reviews of books by the 3 authors that you listed, and I don't believe that any of the 3 is the author. I am listing some additional info from the book as I remember it.

The people with the special powers were members of a secret society and each member was given a rating of 1 to 10 points depending on how strong their powers were. The main character had a rating of 10.

When she first went to her father's house for a big party, she met a detective who was a member of the society. The detective was investigating bad things that were happening within the society. She and the detective fell in love.

The main character and the detective were nearly killed by the murderer of the half sister's husband. They escaped the murder attempt.

The half sister of the main character had been drugged over a period of time by a man poising as a psychiatrist. He had been hired by her husband before he was killed.

Thanks again for your answer.
Ribaldo

Post by Ribaldo »

Ratings from 1 to 10? Was this book illustrated? That really sounds like a comic book or graphic novel where you can find statistics and background on characters in the series.
When tweetle beetles battle with paddles in a puddle, they call it a tweetle-beetle-puddle-paddle-battle. ~ Dr. Seuss

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”