How long can you spend in a bookstore at one time?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Tatskilove
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: How long can you spend in a bookstore at one time?

Post by Tatskilove »

I remember staying at a bookstore free reading a book I couldn't afford to buy for 8 hours straight. Now that it's easy to download books on my devices, I read on them wherever I am and whenever I can.
shelley_soetosenojo
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 21940">the fiery cross</a>
Currently Reading: A Taste of Seduction
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelley-soetosenojo.html
Latest Review: "Love Built to Last" by Lisa Ricard Claro
Reading Device: B0716S5G56
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by shelley_soetosenojo »

A bookstore is for me like what a candy/toystore is for a kid: heavenly bliss! I could stay the whole day in a bookstore!
Latest Review: "Love Built to Last" by Lisa Ricard Claro
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

I can spend hours getting lost in books stores! I love looking around finding new books and series that I might enjoy, which is probably why I have to many on my to-read list. I really enjoy older book stores that are owned by families, there is something so amazing about getting lost in them!
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
Kia
Currently Reading: Damaged Goods
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kia.html
Latest Review: Wheel of Katarnum by James Calliotte
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kia »

LauraBeth0625 wrote:I can spend hours in a book store. I especially like used book stores and love to check out the clearance sections to see what I can find. I have these kinds of book stores all within 2 hours of me, and tend to go the distance to the college towns to check out what is going on there. I also of course, like B & N when I am looking for a specific author or wanting a special binding for a book that I plan to keep for a while as part of a collection.
I love used book stores as well. It's so much more attractive to me than a new book store though I'm not really sure why. It might have something to do with the fact that there is absolutely no knowing what you're going to find when you're picking through the shelves. Or perhaps it's the fact that used book stores make me feel like I've stepped back in time and I'm a hopeless romantic like that.
"Yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it, or learn from it."- Rafiki
jungkookblog
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 217
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jungkookblog.html

Post by jungkookblog »

I LOVE reading at barnes and nobles. I wish I could read until the store closes.
AnnelizeDW

Post by AnnelizeDW »

O boy, I get so lost between the books in a bookstore that I won't have a clue how long I've been in there by the time I find the door. Except for my love of books and think it's also because of the fact that by the time I get a chance to spend time in a bookstore, I REALLY spend time in it, because I have to go out of town to get to one. Our small town only have a little library that's mostly for the kids. Sometimes I also like to watch the people in the store while they read their books, it's very interesting to see their reactions from the books on their faces. Your face can tell a lot of what you think of the book your reading.
stillinbrouhaha13
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by stillinbrouhaha13 »

The longest I stayed in a bookstore was 5 or 6 hours. But if given the chance, I could stay all day there!
fabulasaule
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabulasaule.html

Post by fabulasaule »

I never spend a lot of time in bookstores. There are too many books and I never concentrate on what I see. I better prefer choosing books on internet and only then going to a bookstore. It is easier to find what interests me.
Rhymis
Currently Reading: Creep
Bookshelf Size: 351
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhymis.html

Post by Rhymis »

I remember one time when I went to the book store with a friend. She didn't know I could spend hours in a bookstore without actually buying anything (I love books, but I'm also picky on what I buy). She never went with me to buy books after that.
amyghilton
Currently Reading: House of Furies
Bookshelf Size: 758
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amyghilton.html

Post by amyghilton »

From opening until closing, which is why my husband refuses to go to a bookstore with me!! The used bookstores are the best because they have the most unique finds!
jamesabr
Currently Reading: The Gulf
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamesabr.html
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by jamesabr »

I could stay in a bookstore for at least 5 hours. Especially during finals and midterms. :lol2:
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Bookstores are almost always a great time!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

I could spend an entire day in a bookstore if I had the time.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
easy_dc13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-easy-dc13.html
Latest Review: A Trace of Revenge by Lyle Howard

Post by easy_dc13 »

I'd say, maybe 2 hours at the very most. There aren't a lot of the cool bookstores where I'm from, that's why I can't properly gauge the amount of time I would spend. If I could find some great reads, I'd stay a little longer.
the biblophile

Post by the biblophile »

as long as my wife will let me.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”