How long can you spend in a bookstore at one time?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
dmugali2012
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: How long can you spend in a bookstore at one time?

Post by dmugali2012 »

Honestly, if I didn't have to leave, I would never leave a bookstore or library. I love being surrounded by books. I feel like knowledge and adventure is emanating from them!
Keldobbins

Post by Keldobbins »

2 hours easily, probably more
Jewels951

Post by Jewels951 »

I love being in bookstores, finding new reads and getting them in paperback is something I love doing. I could spend hours walking around.
1_2_5_am
Currently Reading: Once Upon a Time in Korea
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1-2-5-am.html

Post by 1_2_5_am »

I've not actually spent more than like three hours, but I could spend all day there!
LOL! Seriously, I could live there! I'd never get bored!
Precious Cassidy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-cassidy.html

Post by Precious Cassidy »

I can spend all day in a bookstore and/or library. I love the atmosphere and being surrounded by those who enjoy reading as much as I do. It also gives you the opportunity to make new friends. I personally enjoy visiting the local Barnes & Noble once a month and sitting at the café with a cup of sweet hot coffee with a book in my hand.
Booky_BettyC
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55482">Hex Hall</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booky-bettyc.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Post by Booky_BettyC »

I'm like the energizer bunny.....just keeps going and going and going lol. I could spend hrs looking for books and making lists. I actually like looking at the different genres that I don't usually read to see if my interests will get peeked somewhere else. I've never actually timed myself, but the one time I was at the mall in the morning, at Chapters, when it opened. Started my book rampage. Then the next thing I know I'm suddenly starving and it was about 1:30 PM lol. Needless to say none of my shopping got done. Had to rush out as I was late for a lunch date lol.
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

I think the longest I've stayed at a bookstore was about 4 hours. It's really enjoyable to sit down and read a great book and drink coffee at Barnes and Noble.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Anilyn Shaw

Post by Anilyn Shaw »

Funny story. When my mother, sister and I have a day to ourselves without having to do anything, we will go to Barnes and Nobles when it opens and just go in and read books. We go in at 10 in the morning and will not be out until 10 at night, guaranteed. So many books to read and all the time and coffee a person can have. It's a picture of paradise. :)
missreaderSusie
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by missreaderSusie »

I could stay in a bookshop for hours especially the ones with cafes, I could look at new books for hours. Making lists of all the new interesting books
Prisaneify
Currently Reading: Try Not To Breathe
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisaneify.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Prisaneify »

I can do probably a couple of hours. I can spend maybe an hour or two reading in a chair sipping a drink and then I'll spend a third hour just browsing. I wish we had a location I could just go cozy lounge in here in CO, but the one place I really enjoyed shut down about a year ago. Being around all of the books is half the fun for me. I love looking at a wall of books.
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
Alylynn317
Currently Reading: Every Last Word
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alylynn317.html

Post by Alylynn317 »

If I am not with anyone, then I usually will spend hours, but if I am with someone, it will depend on how they do in bookstores. If it is someone else who enjoys book stores and doesn't mind spending a long time, then it would probably be about an hour, or if is someone who is not so interested I try to only take 15 to 30 minutes. Honestly though, I would love to just spend a whole day in one, maybe sit in a nice chair, do some light reading and just take comfort in the feel of being around so many books. Often times though I might not want to spend all day in a book store, especially if I am finding a lot of books that I am interested in because then I have to start budgeting and limiting myself to how many books I can buy...no fun at all.
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Post by Momlovesbooks »

I could spend hours wandering the aisles looking for bargains or making a list of future reads. However, I try to limit myself to an hour because I usually have too many other things to do! I prefer to do my actual reading at home instead of in a bookstore.
Rhoe_Marrow
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhoe-marrow.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Rhoe_Marrow »

yes, if a bookstore has a café or even chairs I will stay there longer looking around for books. sadly, I get hungry so if there isn't any source of food or drink near the bookstores then I won't stay as long as I could if, say, I had a coffee in my hand.
longest I've been in a book store is probably 6 hours
Loverockers
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... lations</a>
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loverockers.html
Latest Review: "Contemplations" by Lisa M. Gott

Post by Loverockers »

I think I can spend two hours in a bookstore, browsing through books and creating a small mountain of books to buy. But I really can't settle down on the floor and read the book right then. Though I have seen and known lots of people who visit the bookstore to read an entire book, no matter how long it takes.
Latest Review: "Contemplations" by Lisa M. Gott
LauraBeth0625
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurabeth0625.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by LauraBeth0625 »

I can spend hours in a book store. I especially like used book stores and love to check out the clearance sections to see what I can find. I have these kinds of book stores all within 2 hours of me, and tend to go the distance to the college towns to check out what is going on there. I also of course, like B & N when I am looking for a specific author or wanting a special binding for a book that I plan to keep for a while as part of a collection.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”