Favorite Genre of Books?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
jenbel
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenbel.html
Latest Review: "Greenhill" by Gary Cann

Re: Favorite Genre of Books?

Post by jenbel »

I like dystopian or supernatural fiction. I also like historical fiction and even better if it has a touch of supernatural like A Great & Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. If it's too much like real life then I'm not really escaping which defeats the purpose for me.
Latest Review: "Greenhill" by Gary Cann
Alice_Koko
Favorite Book: Animal Farm
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-koko.html

Post by Alice_Koko »

Non-Fiction : Science (Psychology and Behavior in Human and Canine, Zoology, Neuroscience, Self-Help and alike) and History (From Cave man to 18th century, Medieval Europe, Crusades, Language, Art)
Fiction : Historically themed adventures, love stories, westerns, angels and demons, vampires and werewolves, mystical creatures and legends.

Why? Because it makes me come alive.
bruce027

Post by bruce027 »

New Adult without question. I think so much can happen in that post-high school/college time-frame and leaves a lot of possibilities for plots.
sophiachic
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophiachic.html

Post by sophiachic »

horror or supernatural.
yalonde
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yalonde.html
Latest Review: "The Road To Comfort" by Becky Lower

Post by yalonde »

Fantasy, Sci-fi, Paranormal, ROMANCE. In my opinion the first three are in close to the same category. It must include Romance. Why? I am just a sappy person that like to read about or see love. I also like to escape into a totally different world than the one I live in.
Latest Review: "The Road To Comfort" by Becky Lower
Debra
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debra.html

Post by Debra »

Memoirs are my absolute favorite. And I love reading picture books to my kids - especially non-fiction.
michael_smith
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-smith.html

Post by michael_smith »

I think my favorite is paranormal fiction. Anything to do with angels, demons, ghosts, etc. I guess it is just because I like to think about what is happening in the spiritual world around us that we can't see.
cam_gold
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cam-gold.html

Post by cam_gold »

I have read many different genres and have found something to like about each. I spent a lot of my reading time in my younger years reading romances: regencies, historical, contemporary, etc. I blame my Physics teacher in 8th grade. His words to us were, "The way to understand physics is to read, read, read, and when you can't read anymore, read a little more!"

I took him seriously, but what he did not explain was that it was important what we read! So, I never really understood physics, but I sure read a lot about chemistry - between the sexes!

Growing up, I did not have the regular entertainment medium of television (Thank God), so all I had was my reading. That meant I ended up reading any and everything I could get my hands on. Hence, I am not as stuck in any one particular genre as I was before. I do find, however, that I have a genuine liking for non-fiction work.
Valerie_Joy
Currently Reading: Dragonfly in Amber
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-joy.html

Post by Valerie_Joy »

I love the fantasy genre! Mainly because it can't happen here and it can be nice to escape to a mythical world.
kelsey-angel

Post by kelsey-angel »

I don't favor one particular genre but the top ones on my list are Horror and Fiction, They keep me captivated and interested in the stories. Simply the best :lol:
jechamer
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jechamer.html
Latest Review: "Death is a Machine" by Zebulon Grey

Post by jechamer »

Paranormal romance
Latest Review: "Death is a Machine" by Zebulon Grey
LittleWilma
Favorite Author: Jeff Melton
Favorite Book: Dark Destiny
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlewilma.html

Post by LittleWilma »

Mysteries are my absolute favorite. I just love watching as the pieces of the puzzle are gathered and how they fit together in the end.
"I like liquor — its taste and its effects — and that is just the reason why I never drink it."
-Stonewall Jackson
readinginreview4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readinginreview4.html

Post by readinginreview4 »

I would say fiction. And within fiction I'd say fantasy. I've always been interested in that kind of thing. It gets my mind off things and transports me to a whole new world!
ttuso22
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ttuso22.html
Latest Review: The Immigrant's Lament by Mois benarroch
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by ttuso22 »

Fantasy or scientific fictions just because when I read I like to escape from life's troubles. Although I do like a good romantic comedy book every once in awhile.
If there’s a book you really want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it. ~Toni Morrison
BookLady123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklady123.html

Post by BookLady123 »

I adore mystery with a fantsey kick. I will read anything but pure romance!

Book lady123

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”