Reading More Due To Co-Vid 19

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
tanner87cbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanner87cbs.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Re: Reading More Due To Co-Vid 19

Post by tanner87cbs »

Working from home and not having the ability to go out has increased my reading time yes.
eliviac35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliviac35.html
Latest Review: Tears & Laughters by Ray R. F.

Post by eliviac35 »

I have definitely been reading more. I am a Paralegal, and I have been working from home. Since the court system has been put on what seems like a "pause," I have had a lot of free time to read. I have read 6 books this month.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I always read a lot especially an hour or so before bed, the quarantine hasn't really changed it. Having learned about this site and reading so many nice reviews is making my to read list longer every day, so I wouldn't mind having more time to read when the kids go back to school.
ngocarolyn
Currently Reading: I'll Be Gone in the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngocarolyn.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by ngocarolyn »

Absolutely. I’ve been reading a lot more, and usually I try to read as much as possible. I’ve just had so much more time on my hands, even with work. I’ve also been really productive (or I think I have been...) and have been reading articles too, like on productivity, hobbies, etc. So 110% yes on reading more since the COVID pandemic started.
HusainNecklace52
Favorite Book: The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto
Currently Reading: A History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-husainnecklace52.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by HusainNecklace52 »

I think it depends on what kind of person you are.
In my opinion, someone who doesn't want to read just won't read no matter what the scenario. Instead, they'll opt to watch movies or play videogames. Whereas there are also those who enjoy reading but couldn't due to their busy schedules. I think the latter will really grab this opportunity to read as much as they can regardless of what genre or books they read.
Zoe Luh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zoe-luh.html
Latest Review: Moon Magic by Charli Elizabeth

Post by Zoe Luh »

I definitely intend to read more! I haven't begun to do more pleasure reading yet because I'm still finishing up my semester, but I'm compiling a very ambitious reading list for the rest of quarantine!
Cassie Lyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cassie-lyn.html
Latest Review: “Wisdom Of The Men” by Clint Arthur

Post by Cassie Lyn »

I've definitely been reading more since the covid-19 outbreak. It's a great way to explore and learn new things and it helps to take my mind off what is currently happening in our world.
Jacktone Ogada
Currently Reading: A Cobbler's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacktone-ogada.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Post by Jacktone Ogada »

More time alone and away from work means more time for reading. So yes, I expect reading more in this pandemic.
:tiphat: Lead by reading :techie-studyinggray:
Balena
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-balena.html
Latest Review: Black Beach by Olivia Rana

Post by Balena »

I pretty much joined this site because I wanted to read more during this pandemic.

The only problem is that I only have one book and I am scared that it would not last me through the whole pandemic. Additionally, most bookshops and all libraries are closed, so I cannot get more for the time-being. I will be so glad once it is over.
Amy Murdoch Coleman
Favorite Book: Circe
Currently Reading: Hannah's War
Bookshelf Size: 6988
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-murdoch-coleman.html
Latest Review: Caretaker by George Farrell

Post by Amy Murdoch Coleman »

I certainly have more time to read now that school is over for the year, but I don't really see those who don't normally read picking up a book. Lots of my students would rather stare at the wall than read for a lengthy amount of time.
gregs317
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gregs317 »

Balena wrote: 16 May 2020, 21:52 I pretty much joined this site because I wanted to read more during this pandemic.

The only problem is that I only have one book and I am scared that it would not last me through the whole pandemic. Additionally, most bookshops and all libraries are closed, so I cannot get more for the time-being. I will be so glad once it is over.
Hi, do you ever purchase things online? That's how I get most of my books, either at Amazon or Books-a-Million. And, if you're an Amazon Prime member, you can usually get free same-day or 2-day shipping.
Xenolyph
Currently Reading: Flowers in the Attic
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xenolyph.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Xenolyph »

I definitely have more time to read during this quarantine. I am at home more and can finish my work faster, allowing me a little more time to enjoy my books. There are less outside meetings and programs which gives me a little more free time. Although the time alone and away from my workplace is difficult, it is very comforting to curl up with a good book at the end of the day.
VISHWA129
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vishwa129.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by VISHWA129 »

Definitely! School comes in the way of me reading so often that I usually just look forward to reading during the summer and I have to accept that I'll only be able to read a handful of books throughout the school year. Because of quarantine and online school as a result of it, I've had much more time to read and was able to get out of a reading slump. I've read some fantastic books in the last few months that I otherwise would not have been able to pick up for months, if not years, later.
Grace Macharia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-macharia.html
Latest Review: First Love by Momi Robins

Post by Grace Macharia »

With nothing much to now that I'm home due to Covid-19,I'm reading more than I did before.
Grace Macharia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-macharia.html
Latest Review: First Love by Momi Robins

Post by Grace Macharia »

With nothing much to do now that I'm home due to Covid-19,I'm reading more than I did before.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”