Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » General Book & Reading Discussion

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Can a health and fitness book help you lose weight?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Re: Can a health and fitness book help you lose weight?

Post Number:#76 by sicx24
» 02 Mar 2014, 14:12

I think they are great for tips and ways to change up workout and diet. Just need motivation and perseverance and you will do just fine! :)
sicx24

Bookshelf Size: 0 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#77 by Loveabull
» 02 Mar 2014, 14:27

I have a problem with the celebrity books in particular. A female celebrity who has a personal chef and trainer even someone in charge of air brushing them chiseled for the book pictures, is just trying to make a buck writing an exercise book.
People will buy the book because they like the celebrity and have the natural fantasy that following the book will somehow transform them to some resemblance of the star in question. But realistically I could do boot camp cross training for the next year and I will still not look like Heidi Klum...and that's okay
" The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it."
Loveabull

Favorite Author: Too many to list
Favorite Book: Too many to count
Bookshelf Size: 0 books

Post Number:#78 by Spontaneo
» 07 Sep 2017, 22:42

Recently, I heard about The Peanut Butter Diet. Have any of you read it? Is it worth buying?

My whole life, I have followed the Mediterranean. Sure, I have attempted every new diet out there, but always return to my roots.

Some of us cannot afford to go to Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, etc. So, sure a fitness and health book is super!

:wink2:
You Only Grow Old If You Want To
Spontaneo

Currently Reading: Hello, My Love
Bookshelf Size: 5 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#79 by Elle Howard
» 19 Sep 2017, 18:54

I think they can be a great guidance on what to eat and recipes to try. They can definitely motivate you and get you in the right mindset. Unfortunately, where I run into trouble is the dedication to the change in eating and exercise. But a fitness book can be a great companion during weight loss.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou
Elle Howard's Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Elle Howard

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Nook HD 7 Tablet
2017 Reading Goal: 10 Books
Goal Completion: 70%

Post Number:#80 by Booklover11
» 05 Oct 2017, 12:24

I think it could definitely help. However, everyone has a different body type so I feel like it is often impossible for one uniform diet plan/workout to work. You could probably find most of the tips in the book in articles online. Your diet/work out plan should be suited to you specifically and not be a generalized plan. I have religiously followed health & fitness books and some of helped and some have not. It really just depends.
Booklover11's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Booklover11

Currently Reading: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
Bookshelf Size: 15 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#81 by Gifty Naa Akushia
» 06 Oct 2017, 13:14

Yes health and fitness book can help one to loose weight, all you need to do is to be disciplined and self controlled. Am currently following the tips in some health book and honestly it works.
Gifty Naa Akushia's Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Gifty Naa Akushia

Currently Reading: HEALTH TIPS, MYTHS, AND TRICKS
Bookshelf Size: 15 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)

Previous