Your ultimate reading environment?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Re: Your ultimate reading environment?

Post by lmoses »

I can read just about anywhere, but I truly like sitting in a big comfy chair with the windows open, light music playing, and a cup of tea. I also prefer to have no one around so I do not have to pretend I am listening while I am trying to read my books!
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
adria_charles
Currently Reading: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adria-charles.html
Latest Review: "Turka Bella" by Jonathan Feldman

Post by adria_charles »

I definitely have the perfect reading environment imagined but sadly it doesn't exit....yet.
This would be a sunroom in my home with plants of all species surrounding me creating a wonderful aroma. A worn comfy couch with a soft quilt thrown over me. To complete the picture I would have a nice hot cup of tea. My view would be acres of land and trees.

Right now I don't have a place I could call a favorite. My reading time is usually stolen moments of "mommy time" or when my little one is napping and it's either in bed or on the couch. One day though I'll get it :D
Latest Review: "Turka Bella" by Jonathan Feldman
LindaBloodworth
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by LindaBloodworth »

In an oversized couch with snacks within reach. I tend to move from my back to my stomach a lot.
Maegan101
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maegan101.html
Latest Review: "Before the Cult" by Sandy Masia

Post by Maegan101 »

So far my ultimate reading environment is curled up in bed with my husband while its dark just reading beside him with some tea or coffee.
Latest Review: "Before the Cult" by Sandy Masia
MrsRay
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsray.html

Post by MrsRay »

The ideal would be in a comfortable chair outside in a beautiful place in solitude. Second would be a comfortable chair or couch with a cozy blanket on a rainy day so I don't have to feel guilty about spending hours reading.
zero_macabre
Currently Reading: The Snowman
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zero-macabre.html
Latest Review: "No Simple Miracle" by Meggan Haller

Post by zero_macabre »

I prefer reading in a really, really noisy environment... yeah. It does sound weird, but I find that reading in a noisy environment makes the surroundings feel really quiet.
Latest Review: "No Simple Miracle" by Meggan Haller
lily_kh87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-kh87.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by lily_kh87 »

I prefer reading in my bedroom or living room when no one else is there and there is no noise. I just love to have peace and quiet while reading.
bungogirl
Currently Reading: Code Name: Nanny
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bungogirl.html

Post by bungogirl »

I don't particularly have a ultimate reading environment currently. If I could create one for myself, I would love a huge, comfortable lounge chair in a bright, quiet space in my house. I would probably have some essential oils diffusing and a cup of hot tea by my side.
Lovelace
Currently Reading: Leaving Lucy Pear
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Lovelace »

For me, it would have to be in my warm, cosy bed at weekends. Very early in the morning when the rest of my family are all still fast asleep. Best way to start the day.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

Just thinking about this topic makes me so happy! I love to be cuddled up on my couch (the last spot, closest to the end table) wrapped up in a blanket (I have a specific one) with a hot cup of tea and my pup by my side. Reading really is a wonderful thing!
Carleymarie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Carleymarie »

The best places for me to read are somewhere comfy with loose clothes, coffee, pillow, and blanket. Or outside on a cool day.
KNewton
Favorite Author: Not possible to list
Favorite Book: Not possible to list
Currently Reading: A Bone To Pick (Aurora Teagarden, #2)
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-knewton.html

Post by KNewton »

Oooo I love reading in a sun-warmed room in a big comfy over stuffed chair with a blanket, pillows, and great coffee! Also, my puppy curled up with me is very nice. That or occasionally outside somewhere if it's warm with a nice beer.
[*]How Fear of the Unknown Hinders the Development of Informed Decisions by Dr. Seuss[*][/color]
easy_dc13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-easy-dc13.html
Latest Review: A Trace of Revenge by Lyle Howard

Post by easy_dc13 »

On the sofa or bed while positioning a pillow in a way that puts me in a sit/lay on my back hybrid. Anything else and I might find sleep better. But that's unlikely to happen if the book is that good.
Ashley 1820
Currently Reading: Rebecca
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-1820.html

Post by Ashley 1820 »

:tiphat: On my bed or in sofa....or anywhere I feel good to read :techie-studyingbrown:
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

The ultimate reading spot for me would be a huge comfy chair, a hot mocha or hot chocolate, and no noise. However, I do not own a big comfy chair and I have 3 kids running wild. So I guess I will just take the hot mocha and try to read while sitting on my couch when the kids nap or play. lol
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”