Hunger Games Vs. Twilight?!

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Twilight or Hunger Games

Twilight...Please comment why in a post
18%
The Hunger Games...Please comment why in the post
82%

Total votes: 44

Evergreen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Hunger Games Vs. Twilight?!

Post by Evergreen »

Yes, there were no copies at the library. I will try and go to the bookstore today, or I might buy it on my kindle.
TimeKeeperApprentice
Favorite Author: Joseph delaney
fav_author_id: 6470

Post by TimeKeeperApprentice »

Good luck!
Potter Fan Forever
tedfiz
Favorite Book: the land of five towers

Post by tedfiz »

i never read the novel both, i prefer watch the movie.... so my polling base on the movie...:)
hdg1822

Post by hdg1822 »

Go with Hunger Games. It is a much more interesting series and the characters have greater depth.

As for other suggestions...what type of books do you like? If you like funny books I would suggest the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanowich. Her books are hilarious (much better than the movie). The first book is a little slow but they get better and better as you read them. The first is "One for the Money". Each book has the number in the title (Two for the Dough, etc) which is very helpful in knowing the reading order! Stephanie is a bounty hunter that gets by on sheer dumb luck and funny things happen to her in each book! Her grandma, boyfriend(s), and best friend help to make the series too.
Trinity31
Favorite Author: Charlotte Bronte
Favorite Book: Jane Eyre
Currently Reading: On Secret Service
fav_author_id: 2492

Post by Trinity31 »

Hunger Games I mean twilight is a great series but when I finished reading them I was happy with Hunger Games I wanted there to be another book.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
Maya Angelou
bobjc

Post by bobjc »

I would totally with Twilight, No doubt hungers game has much more interesting characters... but twilight have too..
Tallbabydoll

Post by Tallbabydoll »

I haven't read Hunger Games, but intend to. Before watching the movie. Movies always ruin the books. If it wasn't a great book they probably wouldn't make a movie out of it right? I'm a 37 and I LOVED the Twilight Saga. Read the books over and over, couldn't put them down the first time. Luckily my sister owned and leant me the series so no waiting time for me lol. I was VERY dissapointed in the movies, so much left out. I was very happy to see them split Breaking Dawn into 2 films so more content was included. Enjoy your vacation.
marissa_in
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-in.html

Post by marissa_in »

The hunger games
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Hunger games
Paliden
Currently Reading: White Cargo
Bookshelf Size: 1028
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paliden.html
Latest Review: "Justified Anger" by Jennifer Colne

Post by Paliden »

OMG, The Hunger Games by a lot!! :D They are a great series! Better than the movies. Twilight, not so much.
Latest Review: "Justified Anger" by Jennifer Colne
jmalone1994
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: Ink Exchange
Currently Reading: The Blood of Olympus
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmalone1994.html
Latest Review: "The Weatherman" by Tyreese Walton
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by jmalone1994 »

I feel like you can't really compare these two series because they are complete different genres. Twilight is paranormal romance and Hunger Games is dystopian. Needless to say I loved both series very much and I don't think I can pick which was more enjoyable to me.
Latest Review: "The Weatherman" by Tyreese Walton
Artemisia
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artemisia.html

Post by Artemisia »

Evergreen wrote:I know they are very different series and you can't really compare them, but I am going on a vacation in several days and I want a book that is a new fad to read. I am debating between the Hunger Games and Twilight. I am not usually a kind of person who reads that type of book, but hey I am on vacation, so why not try. Just give your opinion on which one I should read and why! Thank you very much.... :wink:
Being a fan of vampires before 'the teams' came out, I absolutely hate Twilight (especially because of the sparkles). Would read Humpty Dumpty rather.
“If you don't turn your life into a story, you just become a part of someone else's story.”
― Terry Pratchett
S dot Lennon
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: My current book theme is banned books
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-dot-lennon.html
Latest Review: "Whispered Secrets Whispered Prayers" by Donna Mack
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by S dot Lennon »

I know the original post for this was a long time ago but I had to state my opinion. Hunger Games was a much better series. I've read the Twilight series twice and the first time I fell into the hype of the story and Edward and the sparkling vampires. The second time I read it I was filled with disappointment. The writing just wasn't that great to me and Breaking Dawn, in my opinion was pointless. I'm with Stephen King on this one: Meyer had a story to tell but she can not write. Collins with The Hunger Games series is in a different playing field. Characters are much more developed and the story is action packed and thrilling. I would definitely say Hunger Games. It even translated better to film.
All I need is a new book and a place to read it...
Latest Review: "Whispered Secrets Whispered Prayers" by Donna Mack
tracydinh96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracydinh96.html

Post by tracydinh96 »

Twilight
Bella_0772
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bella-0772.html

Post by Bella_0772 »

The Hunger Games, I just found them more interesting.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”