Hunger Games Vs. Twilight?!

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Twilight or Hunger Games

Twilight...Please comment why in a post
18%
The Hunger Games...Please comment why in the post
82%

Total votes: 44

Evergreen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Hunger Games Vs. Twilight?!

Post by Evergreen »

I know they are very different series and you can't really compare them, but I am going on a vacation in several days and I want a book that is a new fad to read. I am debating between the Hunger Games and Twilight. I am not usually a kind of person who reads that type of book, but hey I am on vacation, so why not try. Just give your opinion on which one I should read and why! Thank you very much.... :wink:
TimeKeeperApprentice
Favorite Author: Joseph delaney
fav_author_id: 6470

Post by TimeKeeperApprentice »

The HUNGER GAMES!!!!! Read the Hunger Games it it awesome! A lot and I mean a LOT of people prefer it than Twilight.
Potter Fan Forever
Stacygee

Post by Stacygee »

I would totally pick Hunger Games, too. a bit more complexity and much more interesting characters.
Evergreen

Post by Evergreen »

Yay, that is totally what I am going to read. Thank you guys soooo much!
A24

Post by A24 »

The Hunger Games would be a faster read - especially for vacation. I haven't finished the series but I am enjoying it so far. I would also recommend the Twilight series. Never thought I would like it but loved it. I know, a lot of people on these forums didn't like it, but I did. It is much more of a romantic love story than Hunger games is so far.
“The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed.”
~Patrick Henry
TimeKeeperApprentice

You should watch the movie.
Potter Fan Forever
Evergreen

Post by Evergreen »

Of both? First?
I planed to after I finished the books.
TimeKeeperApprentice

You should read the first one and if you want watch the movie. The movie rocks but it has some tweaks in it. xD I think I spoiled some of the book for you because if my icon. xD
Potter Fan Forever
Evergreen

Post by Evergreen »

Lol yea! I am not usually a person who is into the type of the book that The Hunger Games is, but it actually looks really good (and so does the movie) and it gets amazing reviews, so I am going to give it shot! Thanks for your help....
A24

Post by A24 »

I agree - read the Hunger Games book first before the movie! It is my own personal rule that I never watch the movies until I've read the books. I like to envision who the characters are and the scenes myself. The Hunger Games is a fast read - only 300 pages or so - so you should be able to read it in time to then see the movie since it just came out. Same with Twilight - read the books first. Movie makes more sense if you've read the books first. With Twilight, you can read all the books, then watch them on DVD. You'll have until November when the final movie version is released.
~Patrick Henry
Evergreen

Post by Evergreen »

I follow that rule as well. I find that the book is always better, but i could be proven wrong with these. How long do you think it will take me to read the Hunger Games? Should I take multiple books on vacation. I probably will do a LOT of reading, so...
RuqeeD

Post by RuqeeD »

I would take all three of the books with me. Like others said, its a fast read and if you're planning on doing a lot of reading then you'll breeze through them (and still leave time for vacationing!)
Evergreen

Post by Evergreen »

Okay! Heading to the library now! Thank you all for your help. Oh, and if you have any other suggestions, please let me know.
TimeKeeperApprentice

Glad we could help!!! Oh and my icon is meant to be funny. I still love the book and movie!
Potter Fan Forever
A24

Post by A24 »

Evergreen wrote:Okay! Heading to the library now! Thank you all for your help. Oh, and if you have any other suggestions, please let me know.
Now that you want to read them, I hope you can actually get them at the library! With the movie out, a lot of people are now reading them so they might be hard to get. My daughter downloaded it and read it on her Kindle. I listened to the unabridged CD version (very well done). You might have to hit a bookstore or Amazon.
~Patrick Henry

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”