Lonesome Dove Spoiler?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
rmcreech
Bookshelf Size: 0

Lonesome Dove Spoiler?

Post by rmcreech » 15 Apr 2019, 12:04

I'm trying to find out from someone who has read Lonesome Dove whether or not I came across a major or minor spoiler. The 2010 edition of the book includes a preface by the author which plainly states that the character of Newt is killed by the horse Hell Bitch, given to him by his father. Without having read the book, this seems like a big spoiler and I was shocked that it was included in the preface. It almost turned me off to the point that I thought about not reading the book. I don't want to do any Google searches and give away further information to myself, so can someone tell me if this spoiler is something minor that comes up early on in the book, or did this give away a major plot twist? I'm trying to decide if I care to commit to the 800+ pages or not.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”