WHEN or WHERE do you like to read?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
TimeKeeperApprentice
Favorite Author: Joseph delaney
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 6470

WHEN or WHERE do you like to read?

Post by TimeKeeperApprentice »

So, when do you like to read? I like to read in the morning, because the light is just right(oohh a rhyme) I would like to read outside but since I live in the city it'll be weird for everyone. I read in class(at break of course), in the car, in my room, and in the living room(sometimes).
Potter Fan Forever
Ant
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Ant »

Any time, any place anywhere :lol: :lol:
TimeKeeperApprentice

Wow xD
Potter Fan Forever
Can-Not-Get-Enough

Post by Can-Not-Get-Enough »

I tend to also read anytime anywhere heh. But mostly, I favour reading on the buss in the afternoon and in the morning. It's the perfect escape just before you have to go back to the normal everyday of school and, well... the everyday at large.
ellie

Post by ellie »

I like to read in bed before I go to sleep. It helps take my mind off my day to day life and I can just dive into my story and pretend that I'm there living it. I just finished reading a great novel by J.G. MacGregor called North-West of Sixteen, it was about a family starting a farm in rural Alberta in the early 1900's and trials and joy they had with farm life. How I wish I could have been born in that century and lived a more simple life. I live in Alberta and lived near some of the places depicted in this novel and it was interesting learning what life was like in the early pioneer days. I enjoyed it very much. I will keep reading in bed at night because I dream nice dreams then.
troxelkr

Post by troxelkr »

I love to read while standing in the swimming pool on the summer.
Gannon
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

troxelkr wrote:I love to read while standing in the swimming pool on the summer.
I do the same thing. I lean on the side of the pool at the end where the shade is. However I only do it with paperbacks, because I am afraid of dropping them in the water. :D
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa
primrose777
Favorite Author: Chaim Potok
Favorite Book: The Chosen
Currently Reading: The Light Between Oceans
fav_author_id: 4227

Post by primrose777 »

I love to read while I'm camping lounging in my camp chair, or by the pool in a deck chair. I have my favourite chair at home that I love to curl up in but if I try to read in bed.... I just fall asleep. Funny when I was younger and single I could read in bed for hours. I have just started a new job where I am on call a lot of the time... so I get to read in the quiet moments too.
There are years that ask questions and years that answer. Zora Neale Hurston.
Tralala
Favorite Author: Hubert Selby Jr.
Favorite Book: Retro Hell
fav_author_id: 2789

Post by Tralala »

I read while I'm eating (if I'm not eating at my desk--which I loathe and try to avoid), 'cause that's just about the only time I'm able to...most of my books have chocolate stains in them.
Just for the record, I don't read borrowed books this way.
How perfectly goddamned delightful it all is, to be sure.
pjh

Post by pjh »

I like to read while relaxing in a hot tub of water. No worries, no family noise, just total relaxation allowing me to really lose myself in the book.
Ant
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Ant »

So, there are a couple of posts here where people like to read whilst in water..... bath or pool, there must be something in it, I think most people have read in the bath at some time even if it's just a magazine, I know I like to read in the bath, will have to try out the pool when I'm next on holiday. I think it's a comfort thing, you can totally relax in water and get immersed ( haha ) in the story, I find I can't read for very long at all unless I am really comfy. :D
TimeKeeperApprentice

I can't read in the bath because I have a shower. Plus, my mom doesn't want me to fill up the tub because she says it's 'dirty'. I would look weird if I read in a pool...
Potter Fan Forever
Bighuey
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

I read any time I have a chance, today I read for about 2 hours in my recliner, and I usually read a short story or two before I go to sleep. Sometimes I read while waiting to cross the border into the US. Sometimes thats 2 to 3 hours.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
kg211970
Favorite Author: Tara Hyland
Favorite Book: Daughters of Fortune
Currently Reading: Black Jewels Trilogy
fav_author_id: 3001

Post by kg211970 »

anywhere anytime , i always pack up my backpack with 6-8 books, and read where ever i go.......... god I love to read
Nanao Clams

Post by Nanao Clams »

Preferably, I'd rather read on a rainy day at home because to me, it sets a soothing and relaxing atmosphere and mood to read. :)

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”