Harry Potter vs. Twilight

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Which Book/movie is better?

Harry Potter book/movies is way Awesomer than Twilight
92%
Twilight movie/books FTW!!!!
8%

Total votes: 84

TimeKeeperApprentice
Favorite Author: Joseph delaney
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 6470

Harry Potter vs. Twilight

Post by TimeKeeperApprentice »

I always wanted to put up this thread! Okay Ready? Set! DEBATE!
Harry Potter is better because it is more adventurous and very suspenseful and fun 2 read. There are more books/movies of it then Twilight and the movies are awesome{Used awesome twice because HP is so Awesome (3x)}
EVEN GREYSON CHANCE AGREES!!HERE"S PROOF LINK2VIDEO-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIvS8Klp ... r_embedded
WATCH THE FIRST 16 SECONDS OF THIS VIDEO!
(This is a debate, please don't dish the other books/movies too far okay?)
Potter Fan Forever
pa3de8
Favorite Author: Brian Keene
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: Great Train Wrecks of Eastern PA
fav_author_id: 25750

Post by pa3de8 »

I've never seen a Harry Potter movie or a Twilight movie. But if I had to chose, I'd pick Harry Potter. Don't believe in sparkling vampires...

Scott B.
love_aud
Favorite Author: Ray Bradbury
Favorite Book: Memoirs of a Geisha
Currently Reading: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
fav_author_id: 2498

Post by love_aud »

there isnt even a good reason for twilight to be better. I mean really. i have read and watched both the books and movies of both series. and Twilight is not even close to as good as Harry potter.
Love Audrey, future photojournalist/writer :)
TimeKeeperApprentice

So far Harry is winning! :D This isn't such a debate.... We need Twilight fans to debate... xD
Potter Fan Forever
bookmadgirlie
Favorite Author: Daphne du Maurier
Favorite Book: Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
Currently Reading: House on the Strand by Daphne du Maurier
fav_author_id: 2391

Post by bookmadgirlie »

TimeKeeperApprentice wrote:So far Harry is winning! :D This isn't such a debate.... We need Twilight fans to debate... xD
I am a Twilight fan, but if it came down to it, I would choose Harry Potter every time.
TimeKeeperApprentice

Wow... I imagined there would be more posts..... I guess Harry Potter won!Yeah! *Rides on broomstick to Hogwarts
Potter Fan Forever
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

Neither - read something decent!
Doyag
Favorite Author: sidney sheldon
Favorite Book: A Walk To Remember + Tell Me Your Dreams
fav_author_id: 3713

Post by Doyag »

Harry Potter all the way.
I read only the first book of Twilight and it just didnt do it for me. i think the Twilight movie (I also have only seen the first one, and slept mid-way through the second) are better than the books actually.

Harry Potter is clever and creative. It's not a love story. it involves everything.
tedfiz
Favorite Book: the land of five towers

Post by tedfiz »

for me harry potter is the best novel i ever read...
Shaniqua

Post by Shaniqua »

Redlegs wrote:Neither - read something decent!
Okay, I can understand why you would say this with Twilight, but Harry Potter? Come on, you've got to give Harry Potter some props! It's a good read :D
jamesdeser

Post by jamesdeser »

Harry Potter is a series of seven fantasy novels written by British author J. K. Rowling. The books chronicle the adventures of the eponymous adolescent wizard Harry Potter, together with Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, his friends from the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Twilight is a young-adult vampire-romance novel written by author Stephenie Meyer. It was originally published in 2005 in hardback. It is the first book of the Twilight series, and introduces seventeen-year-old Isabella "Bella" Swan who moves from Phoenix, Arizona, to Forks, Washington, and finds her life in danger when she falls in love with a vampire, Edward Cullen.
hdg1822

Post by hdg1822 »

I believe that Stephen King said it best: "Harry Potter is all about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."

I have to agree with him. I am a Twilight fan but I am bigger Harry Potter fan. Twilight got on my nerves at times since since Bella always had to be saved or coached into saving herself. Harry Potter sacrificed himself in every book. That is a great example that I want my children to love and understand.

Another positive of HP - all of the books are complete stand alone books (and I love how the books age/get darker with the characters). I do not feel that way about Twilight. I especially think that Breaking Dawn is two books and should have been split just like the movies. Normally, I am not a movie over book fan but I believe that the Twilight movies (for the most part) are better than the books. They are more condensed and add some much needed action to the series!
AlysonofBathe

Post by AlysonofBathe »

hdg1822 wrote:I believe that Stephen King said it best: "Harry Potter is all about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."
Applauds!
louisgeorge

Post by louisgeorge »

No competition between harry potter and Twilight ...simply harry potter is awesome ;)
Un-Break My Heart , Un-Cry These Tears , Say You Will Love Me Again
tbughi1
Favorite Author: Bernard Cornwell
Favorite Book: Dune by Frank Herbert
fav_author_id: 3083

Post by tbughi1 »

Yeah, it's pretty hard to compare Harry Potter to anything. Its massive appeal and influence (heck, they built a theme park for it) to all makes it a bit out of Twilight's league. If you want to compare Twilight to something, Fifty Shades is a much better competitor. They both go after the same theme from completely different sides of the spectrum. Also, they've both struck heavily upon one single group and thus share a sphere of influence. Like watching a DC comic fan go head-to-head with a Marvel fan, a Twilight vs. Fifty Shades fight could get ugly I think.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”