Harry Potter vs. Twilight

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Which Book/movie is better?

Harry Potter book/movies is way Awesomer than Twilight
92%
Twilight movie/books FTW!!!!
8%

Total votes: 84

smhawkins
Currently Reading: The Art of Racing in the Rain
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smhawkins.html
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni

Re: Harry Potter vs. Twilight

Post by smhawkins »

Haha, I'm surprised Twilight even has votes!
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni
Sali1018
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sali1018.html

Post by Sali1018 »

[quote]hdg1822 wrote:I believe that Stephen King said it best: "Harry Potter is all about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend
^That's exactly right!
The impact the Harry Potter books have had were huge! For example, the impact it has had on those suffering from mental illnesses. The impact it has on children - and later the way they look at the world as adults.
CRaymond
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-craymond.html

Post by CRaymond »

I enjoyed both- however Harry Potter was definitely better written. Twilight focuses on a forbidden romance so it's easy to get pulled in but it stays a love story. Harry Potter creates a whole world- there are many friendships relationships and adversaries. There is much more to take in with Harry Potter!
Elle Howard
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-howard.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Elle Howard »

Harry Potter all the way. Every time I re-read these books I discover some small but relevant detail I missed before. Only a really gifted writer can pull this off.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou
Star88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star88.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Star88 »

Harry Potter. Twilight can't hold a candle to Harry Potter. Twilight was too prose heavy and the plot wasn't very suspenseful. Harry Potter has complex themes, action, suspense, and much more lovable and realistic characters.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

Ok I know I'm going to get it lol, but I never liked Harry Potter. I have never read the books but I have fallen asleep multiple times trying to watch the movie. When I read twilight I could not put the books down and read all the whole series one week during lunch breaks at work and staying up very late nights. So I choose Twilight.
AlainaElric
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110

Post by AlainaElric »

Harry Potter, all the way... Twilight, just... I'm sorry, but no. And by association, 50 shades is a 'hell no' given the damage it's been causing.
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

I would say Harry Potter is better, definitely. The characters and plots in the Harry Potter series are much more interesting and complex in my opinion. I've read the entire series multiple times.
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

Love Harry Potter books, really not a fan of Twilight. For me, these two books are on a completely different level.
nfdaniel85
Currently Reading: A Sick Life
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nfdaniel85.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by nfdaniel85 »

Harry Potter all day, and for my vampire fix, I'll take The Vampire Chronicles. I should also note that I have never had the desire to see or read Twilight. I'm only going off of what my friends told me.
nfdaniel85
Currently Reading: A Sick Life
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nfdaniel85.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by nfdaniel85 »

Mjgarrison wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 12:24 Ok I know I'm going to get it lol, but I never liked Harry Potter. I have never read the books but I have fallen asleep multiple times trying to watch the movie. When I read twilight I could not put the books down and read all the whole series one week during lunch breaks at work and staying up very late nights. So I choose Twilight.
You should give the HP books a try! The movies are pretty true to the series but the books are loads better. I always suggest audio book companions to people, and Jim Dale reading these books is something spectacular. He brings the characters to life in a whole new way.
It really is a wonderful experience that I highly recommend. Just listen to the samples and you'll hear what I'm talking about.
Prasitha Suresh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Prasitha Suresh »

Harry Potter.I reread the series atleast thrice.Honestly, I have never read twilight because not one person recommend it to me.
Mailis
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mailis »

I think they are so different books/movies that it is just not possible to really compare them, unless it's some quality factor you are looking for. I will always love Harry Potter more, but I enjoyed some aspects of Twilight as well.
Godson Onah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Godson Onah »

I guess I'm one of the few people who proudly say that they like the Twilight Trilogy. I love the series probably because I didn't read it as a romance novel series but as a Fantasy/Vampire series. It also has characters who I absolutely love (like Alice).
OK, I have said that. I absolutely prefer Harry Potter to Twilight. There shouldn't be any comparison between the two series. Seriously.
Sorchadorcha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sorchadorcha.html
Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sorchadorcha »

I liked Twilight but I would never compare it to Harry Potter, much less say it was superior.
Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”