Paperback or Hardcover?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Jacob Sunday Mamman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacob-sunday-mamman.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Re: Paperback or Hardcover?

Post by Jacob Sunday Mamman »

Paperbacks are light and easier to carry but I prefer hardback whenever I borrow from the library 😁
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Vicki Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vicki-cowan.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell

Post by Vicki Cowan »

To me whether the book is a paperback or a hardcover book has no bearing its the content within that counts.
Wanjla Carl
Favorite Author: by Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanjla-carl.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz
fav_author_id: 221705

Post by Wanjla Carl »

When it comes to portability, Paperback books are typically lighter and more compact than hardcover books, which makes them easier to carry around and travel with. With Paperback you can travel with it anywhere.
Li En Foo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-li-en-foo.html
Latest Review: Inspector Mage by Aleese Hughes

Post by Li En Foo »

I love hardback books! There isn't any particular reason, though. I guess I just like the way it feels in my hands? Also, hardback covers tend to last longer than my paperback covers
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Paperback not really sure why other than practical travelling reasons.
Boysan
Favorite Book: Heather
Currently Reading: Chasing Dragons between Dimensions
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Boysan »

:D I like paperbacks because it’s easier to read since the covers bend. But, I love hardcovers because it takes me back to my youth when hardcovers were aplenty - a nostalgic thing, I guess.
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Nancy004 »

I have a strong preference for hardcover books over paperback novels. There's a certain allure to their weight and substantial feel, giving them a sense of durability and permanence. The sturdy cover and crisp pages contribute to their overall appeal. Moreover, the elegant design and protective jacket they often come with make them a prized possession on my bookshelf, representing my deep appreciation for literature.
maggie hong
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by maggie hong »

Paperback for actual reading, especially if it's a long one. Unfortunately I can't sit straight up or keep my hands raised to my face for a long period of time. I start slouching, my arms drop and relax to my knees. I sit with my knees up, holding the book up to my face. And if I'm reading at home, I'll pretty much lay on my side and hold it up with one hand.
Hardcover for collections of books, a nice organized bookshelf with stories I enjoyed so much that I wanted to cherish them in a visually appealing and organized manner.
E-book format for the most convenient reading haha
mark liu
Currently Reading: If Time Stood Still
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-liu.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by mark liu »

Paperbacks for me definitely win here. Multiple trips to the library have taught me the value of paperbacks when conserving what little bag space I have.
Angie Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1076
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angie-fernandez.html
Latest Review: Level 1 Decodable Phonics Reader-Short Vowels by Sara Gross

Post by Angie Fernandez »

If I had my druthers . . . hardback all the way!
Jyotii Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jyotii-reviewer.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jyotii Reviewer »

I usually prefer ebooks. Because hardcover books just lie around in my shelves and i rarely find time to arrange things in my house. But hardcovers are more aesthetic :D , as compared to paperbacks and also easy to maintain.
Nasaka J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nasaka-j.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Nasaka J »

When you are trying to make the choice between using paperback books or hardcover it sometimes may be a difficult choice.Ultimately it's a personal choice based on ones reading preferences, lifestyle, and budget.
Nasaka J
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Nasaka J »

Nasaka J wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 02:17 When you are trying to make the choice between using paperback books or hardcover it sometimes may be a difficult choice.Ultimately it's a personal choice based on ones reading preferences, lifestyle, and budget.
1. Cost
Paperbacks are generally more affordable than hardcovers. If you're on a tight budget or prefer to buy multiple books, paperbacks can be a more cost effective.
Nasaka J
Currently Reading:

Post by Nasaka J »

Nasaka J wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 02:21
Nasaka J wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 02:17 When you are trying to make the choice between using paperback books or hardcover it sometimes may be a difficult choice.Ultimately it's a personal choice based on ones reading preferences, lifestyle, and budget.
1. Cost
Paperbacks are generally more affordable than hardcovers. If you're on a tight budget or prefer to buy multiple books, paperbacks can be a more cost effective.
2. Portability
Paperbacks are lighter and more compact, making them easier to carry around, especially if you're someone who enjoys reading on the go or during travel. They're also more flexible and can fit into bags or pockets more comfortably.
Nasaka J
Currently Reading:

Post by Nasaka J »

Nasaka J wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 02:21
1. Cost
2. Portability
Paperbacks are lighter and more compact, making them easier to carry around, especially if you're someone who enjoys reading on the go or during travel. They're also more flexible and can fit into bags or pockets more comfortably.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”