Easy way to stop smoking

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
albie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Easy way to stop smoking

Post by albie »

Hi, lately I've been smoking a lot... Easy Way To Stop Smoking by Allen Carr, the book helped me a lot to put a "rein" on my habit. Good luck ... guys!
lukebodell

Post by lukebodell »

I know 4 people who have read this book; none have stopped smoking
andr70

Post by andr70 »

May be it depends how much they wanted to stop smoking. If you have a very strong desire to quit smoking, then you need just a small incentive to do it.
PhotonicGuy

Post by PhotonicGuy »

I agree with andr70. If you really want to quit smoking, then you succeed. But an extra book read is a bonus.
Matlhodi Nozwayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matlhodi-nozwayo.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Matlhodi Nozwayo »

I have never been a smoker and I cannot really know how hard it is. I think just having the intention to stop is a great start. I read a few books and some had sections focused specifically on smoking and I got a few things from it. They advise you not to just go from smoking 2 packs a day to nothing at all. It is too sudden and it can cause a bad relapse pretty quick. Just go from 2 packs to one and a half, and then one until you eliminate it completely. The brain tends to crave what it's told it can't have, so taking the habit away slowly will allow you to adjust and find alternative habits.
Atova
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atova.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Atova »

A book I'm currently reading talks a lot on this very topic. I advise you all check it out.

Why can't Johnny just quit? By Kyle Oh, M.D.
Betelhem Demsie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-betelhem-demsie.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Betelhem Demsie »

O guys this was a helpful discussion.
leoholmes

Post by leoholmes »

The book in and of itself was poorly written in my opinion, but it did make me look at smoking differently. I actually reduced how much I smoked before my quit date. Every time I lit a cigarette after I started reading it, I was more aware of how I felt both physically and emotionally while I smoked that cigarette.
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

I would have suggested reading up on the side effects but I doubt if it will.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”