What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Creole
Favorite Book: Tales from the Gray Area
Currently Reading: Trapped in Pairadice
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-creole.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Re: What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Post by Creole »

My last book was Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman. Although I enjoyed it, the rating was 3/4 because of issues I had with the nature of God that the author perpetuated.
Hannah Oakey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 186
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-oakey.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B09BFPTTV4

Post by Hannah Oakey »

The last book I read was 'The Digital Fortress ' by Dan Brown. I would rate it as a 10 out of 10. I was on the edge of my seat for most of the book. Dan Brown knows how to build tension and excitement and always keeps you guessing. His books are real page turners. I always find it hard to put them down.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

I just finished The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman and really enjoyed it.
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Karlabchu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 756
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Karlabchu »

Book 56: A Dream of the Red Chamber, Vol. I, by Xueqin Cao. The translation is very simple and it reads straight away. Which I appreciate because more than a thousand pages is not a small thing. The length of the chapters is also short, ending with a call to the next chapter, which reminded me of Journey to the West, a very classic Chinese element in these narratives.
The characters are too many, but if we focus on the main ones, there is not much problem. Although Baoyu at fifteen should already have found more sense in my opinion. I agree with the few male characters that appear that he is very spoiled.
On the other hand, Daiyu, her cousin and love interest, reminded me of the capricious and sickly girls in Chinese dramas, who blackmail others with their illnesses and want to get away with everything without thinking if what they do is in their best interest. But in this first half of the story, they are both still very young and childlike. In the next part, it is sure to start their relationship more seriously.
I loved the idea of ​​a boy, now young man, living in the women's ward and being pampered by them. Since it serves as an excuse to describe the customs and experiences of this little-known world. If you like to learn about ancient China, this is a good book. 4/5
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

The last book I read was Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin. The book talked about how a family embarked on an adventurous journey into Africa. I gave the book a rating of four out of four stars. However, the book hasn't been published yet.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

The last book I read was Bluewater Walkabout. It's an adventurous book that focuses on a family adventure in Africa. Though they somehow knew some of the risks involved in the journey, they still decided to go. I gave it a rating of four out of four stars.
Rawan_Alamin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rawan-alamin_1914322.html
Latest Review: Fill The Gaps by Andrew Johnston

Post by Rawan_Alamin »

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover. It just wasn't my cup of tea. I would rate it 2. I personally didn't like it but I know a lot of people who did.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

I just finished One Jesus, One Way, it was very insightful and gave me answers to a lot of questions. I rated the book 4 out of 4.
gregs317
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gregs317 »

I finished reading "Go Ask Ali: Half-Baked Advice and Free Lemonade" by Ali Wentworth.

I would rate it 4 out of 4. Definitely had some laugh out loud moments. I really enjoy her sense of humor and ability to make people laugh. 😅
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Finished Unnatural Causes (Adam Dalgliesh #3) by P.D. James and on the last pages of Shroud for a Nightingale (Adam Dalgliesh #4). The series is getting better from book to book.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

The last book I read was "Red Endures the Taste of Time" and I rated it 3/4 stars.
Amberly Ayra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberly-ayra.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Amberly Ayra »

Press for champagne. It is a book for beginners that talks about the history of champange and how to choose it. As the author is a fan of this drink, he makes very funny descriptions and recounts his experiences as he learns. For me, it was a perfect 10/10 book.
Faatimah Noormahomed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faatimah-noormahomed.html
Latest Review: Karrana by Anne Skyvington
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Faatimah Noormahomed »

I just finished "Below Zero" by Ali Hazelwood. It was quite good, one of my favourite books from her so far! I rated it 4.5/5 stars!
Ashley Price 3
Favorite Book: Home Body
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-price-3.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose

Post by Ashley Price 3 »

I just finished A Story of Bad by Edward M. Krauss. I gave it three stars and would recommend for all mystery lovers.
POETIC PACIFIC
Favorite Book: The Illuminati Conspiracy
Currently Reading: The Poetic Pacific
Bookshelf Size: 220

Post by POETIC PACIFIC »

The last book I read was Herrick's End by TM Blanchet and my rating was 5/5. In fact, I read and review it, and it is a really great storybook. The thing that really makes it more interesting was that the author uses domestic violence as one of the social issues that normally affect us today and applies it to an imagery world.
a musical mind!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”