What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Robert Obikanyi
Currently Reading: Swiss Family Robinson
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izuchukwu-obi.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Robert Obikanyi »

I just began reading Man Mission by Eytan Uliel. It's about a group of buddies who take a trip around the world. I think the book is nonfiction. There's a lot of photographs which is excellent. I just know I'm going to enjoy reading this.
Valerie1313
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by Valerie1313 »

I have just finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. So far, I have got three books which I am currently reading. These are Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Devil's Love (Japanese comics), and Ruby Red by Kirsten Gier. Also, I have more than 20 books on my wishlist. How will I manage to read them while doing my housework and studying? I can't get my head around it.
ZhanLu
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zhanlu.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by ZhanLu »

Karen Hotchkiss wrote: 22 May 2022, 19:24 I am reading Difficult Conversations: How To Discuss What Matters Most by Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton, and Sheila Heen, and I'm finding it very helpful. I wish I had found it years ago!

For fun, I'm about to start The Best of Me by David Sedaris. This one is an audio book. I like to have both a book to read and a book to listen to going at the same time. I'm curious how people feel about audio books in this group - do you consider it the same as reading?
I don't know about audio book because I haven't tried one. But, I have heard of audio drama. I have listened to tons of them and they are very interesting.
Karen Hotchkiss
Currently Reading: Difficult Conversations
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karen-hotchkiss.html
Latest Review: Taking Charge: Vol. 2 More Stories on Aging Boldly by Herb Weiss

Post by Karen Hotchkiss »

gusulansect wrote: 24 May 2022, 14:33
Karen Hotchkiss wrote: 22 May 2022, 19:24 I am reading Difficult Conversations: How To Discuss What Matters Most by Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton, and Sheila Heen, and I'm finding it very helpful. I wish I had found it years ago!

For fun, I'm about to start The Best of Me by David Sedaris. This one is an audio book. I like to have both a book to read and a book to listen to going at the same time. I'm curious how people feel about audio books in this group - do you consider it the same as reading?
I don't know about audio book because I haven't tried one. But, I have heard of audio drama. I have listened to tons of them and they are very interesting.
I hadn't heard of audio drama before, but it does sound interesting. I'll check them out, thanks!
Hue-Morningstar
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hue-morningstar.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Hue-Morningstar »

Lately, I have been into the Keys To The Kingdom series by Garth Nix. My first book in the series was Sir Thursday. Captured by the adventure and mysteries that the book offered. Currently reading Mister Monday, the first book in the series.
Zaynnie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaynnie.html
Latest Review: The Weed Lady by Shea R Embry

Post by Zaynnie »

Presently I'm reading Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger. It's a good read and it is full of mysteries
Ahsoka13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Ahsoka13 »

I am reading Killing Abel by Michael Tieman. Please if you have read any good books please let me know. I am new to this site and would like to find some good books.
Renee Guill
Currently Reading: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Renee Guill »

I am just about to reread, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick.... got the audio version this time, haven't read it in years.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

"Ugly Love" by Colleen Hoover.
Ata Turk
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ata Turk »

I am currently reading “You only fall in love three times” and I highly recommend it.
sunflowerlover
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sunflowerlover »

I'm currently reading the 3rd book of the series the finishing school by Gail Carriger.
Jenna Rankin Doucette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-rankin-doucette.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Jenna Rankin Doucette »

I just finished a few books. "Brandy, the Pirate Princess" by Dan Hendrickson, is what I am reviewing. I've been really into cozy mysteries, so I recently finished Latte Trouble, by Cleo Coyle, and Tea and Treachery, by Vicki Delany. Right now I am reading "A Very English Murder," by Verity Bright. As soon as that is done I am going to start "Totem" the next book I am reviewing and then "Prose and Cons" by Amanda Flower.

These are the books I am reading on my Kindle. I also have several books on Tape I am listening to or about to listen to.

Jenna
Jenna Rankin Doucette
Currently Reading:

atrixa wrote: 20 May 2009, 12:06 Currently reading Atonement by Ian McEwan
Loved this book.
Jenna Rankin Doucette
Currently Reading:

Bonanzle4Books wrote: 28 May 2009, 14:10 Water for Elephants and it's a great book!
This was a great book. I loved it.
Stephen Ogunwale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeyemi-stephen.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Stephen Ogunwale »

Hey there, I’m currently in the midway of reading Man mission by Eytan Uliel, and it’s sure a great book that one with a routined kind of life should possibly try to read. There won’t be any regrets.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”