What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Redlegs »

I have started a collection of essays by Italo Calvino called Why Read the Classics?, and am about to start tonight The Mystery of the Yellow Room by Gaston Leroux (more well know for The Phantom of the Opera).
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
smolbird
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by smolbird »

I just finished the second book of the We are Voulhire series by Matthew Tysz. I really love it and I'm hoping to finish the series soon.
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
Krishnajee100
Favorite Book: THE STORY OF MY LIFE
Currently Reading: Call Me by Your Name
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Krishnajee100 »

I am reading "Call me by your name" currently and I am loving every minute of reading this book.
Krllymt30
Favorite Book: All Quiet on the Western Front
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Krllymt30 »

"Running the Sahara", which is about an authors experience in an ultramarathon. It's surreal and incredible. I'm not big into running, but I do love peoples ordeals in psychology, how people prepare for events, and even just the mentality that people approach physical preparedness with. It's a real eyeopener for a couch potato like me.

I'd totally recommend it.
AlexisLib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexislib.html
Latest Review: The Girl Behind the Wall--Edgar Allan Poe, the Girl, and the Mysterious Raven Murders by Bruce Wetterau

Post by AlexisLib »

I recently finished House of Leaves. It literally took me like five years to read it! I can't believe I hung in there. It is dense and super interesting.

A few days ago I finished We have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson. Absolutely loved it! It gripped me from the very beginning.
Kibetious
2021 Reading Goal: 70
Currently Reading: A Christian Manifesto for the Twenty-first Century
Bookshelf Size: 1429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibetious.html
Latest Review: The Goddess Journal by Joy Alantis

Post by Kibetious »

I am currently reading Presidents Day.
​​​​​​He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy :techie-studyinggray:
dawnr
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dawnr »

I am reading two books:
All He Ever Wanted / Anita Shreve ...just started, the first chapter is one you can not put down from the first sentence, if the rest of the book is the same, it will be a fast-as-lightening-read!

The next book I am reading: The Agony and the Ecstacy/ Irving Stone....it is a book set in Florence in the year 1475 and it is about Michelangelo....it is so vividly detailed and brilliant, it is a slow read but one that sticks with you.

I have a bookshop online: OldnewbooksShop if you go to Etsy and type the name in exactly the way it is printed, it will pull up for you. I have a ton of first editions and a variety of books that may interest you, like the two above.

If you go to google and type it in, look for "When life gives you lemons....read a book." in the heading, should be at the top of google search.
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by WADonnelly »

I currently reading The Night Circus hicj is one of my favourite books and I love rereading it. It is a mix of mystery magic and love but it is also so hard to describe.
Nuriii
2021 Reading Goal: 10

Post by Nuriii »

Currently reading a catalan book, L'esclau del Mercadal, for school and also the hobbit with my class. the first one i have just reached the most depressing part and the second is kinda boring sorry for all y'all fans out there
Redlegs

Post by Redlegs »

I have started An American Marriage by Tayari Jones, winner of the 2019 Women's Prize for Fiction. I have very much enjoyed what I have read so far.

jeanmtdb
Currently Reading: the ladykiller war: from the case files of max christian, pi
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanmtdb.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jeanmtdb »

I just finished reading Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas. A must-read. I so enjoyed how the author described the people, places, and events and dealt with social issues.
urrutiap

Post by urrutiap »

Im reading the last 50-60 pages of Star Trek New Frontier book 4. New Frontier series is pretty good
Redlegs

Post by Redlegs »

About to begin The Collected Stories of Grace Paley

DianneReads
Currently Reading: Alpha's Temptation
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DianneReads »

I'm on an erotic romance kick, so Alpha's Temptation is my "fun" read, and Business Made Simple is my "learning" read.
Alpha's Temptation is my first by Renee Rose and Lee Savino, and so far it's pretty good. I am a bit of a picky reader so a few repeated phrases stand out, but the story and scenes as a whole are hot and engaging.
Business Made Simple is just awesome by Donald Miller. I love his style and have been on his newsletter for awhile.
Nicholus Schroeder
Currently Reading: Final Act
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholus-schroeder.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Nicholus Schroeder »

Just got myself a copy of Final Act by Van Fleisher, I've got a feeling that I'm really gonna love it

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”