Cover for Under the Sea Coloring/Activity Book

The First Ten Focus Group Feedback for Under the Sea Coloring/Activity Book: A Seashell Meditation for Children

Because Under the Sea Coloring/Activity Book was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted members have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book as a part of purchase-intent focus group. We then asked each participant in the focus group if they planned to buy and read the book, and why they planned to buy and read the book or not. Their answer to that question and reasons are displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten Focus Group.

Keep in mind, the responses from the members are not reviews. This is purchase-intent focus group which means the participants are people who have NOT yet bought or read your book. A purchase-intent focus group is an important and extremely useful marketing tool for any product, not just books. For other products, you might walk on the street and show people an item in a package and poll them about whether they would buy if or $X or not. These kind of focus groups are one of the ways big marketing companies find the ideal price points for products and test the effectiveness of different packaging. The focus group can help you identify your market so you how to target ads of your book, and it can (but may not) provide you new useful info about your "packaging" (e.g. your book cover, your book synopsis on Amazon, etc.). The point of the focus group comments is to give you information from people who have not bought or read your book about why they plan to buy your book which will help you in marketing the book. These are not reviews or critiques of your book because they are not from people have read the book. This is a marketing tool, not reviews. The trick of book marketing and book advertising is that you have to convince people who have not read your book yet that your book is worth buying and reading. For marketing, it doesn't matter much if people love your book after reading it if you cannot convince potential buyers before they read it that they will love it.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable. This is because we only poll about 20 or so readers, and all readers have to say "no" to almost all books. Over a million books are published each year. Even a very active reader cannot come close to even reading 1% of books out there.

This is also why publishing books is such a tough industry.

truebookaddict

I would not have chosen to read this just because I have no young children at home. Plus, I never quite understood the concept of a coloring book offered as a Kindle book. How do you color it?

No, I will not read the whole book, specifically because my sons are way past the age for this book.

I did not notice any typos or grammatical errors.

I love the concept of a simple way to teach kids meditation....and the illustrations are amazing. I do not suggest any improvements.

First Ten review added on July 19, 2016, at 6:55 am by truebookaddict.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

Judyk

I don't have any small children at home so I likely would not have read this book based on its genre, cover and blurb. The book is adorable and easy to read, not sure how one would decide editing accuracy as its almost entirely coloring pages, even the words are meant to be colored. After reading the first ten pages I did leaf through the rest of the book so I guess that supersedes my decision to read or not to read.

First Ten review added on July 18, 2016, at 8:43 pm by Judyk.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

Gravy

This looks to be a unique coloring and activity book. The pictures are simple and of a popular style, though I've never been fond of it myself.
As to the meditative content, I only got a small glimpse with the sample, but it seems interesting.
I can't say this book would appeal to me, as I'm not the intended audience, but I can see it's appeal for children and/or those who like the style.

First Ten review added on July 18, 2016, at 8:11 pm by Gravy.

Momlovesbooks

The cover is fun and colorful. It would appeal to children. My kids and I enjoyed coliring books when they were younger. Now we enjoy the grown-up coloring books that have become popular recently. Based on the first few pages of this book, I think young children would enjoy it. My family has outgrown this type of book, so it's not for me. I won't be reading (coloring) the remainder. I did get the kindle version, but won't be able to color that way or I would have!

First Ten review added on July 18, 2016, at 3:14 pm by Momlovesbooks.

L_Therese

Since I am neither a child nor a parent, I would be unlikely to be attracted to this book. The cover is certainly beautiful, and the title will appeal to children and parents alike. One thing I don't understand is a coloring book for Kindle. However, looking through the first several pages, the wording and rhyme scheme is manageable for most children, and the words encourage them to sit still and imagine, which is appealing to adults. The pictures look like they'd be fun to color. I saw one error in the text. If I had a young child in my household, I might be interested in owning this book, but I don't, so I will not be finishing it.

First Ten review added on July 18, 2016, at 2:40 pm by L_Therese.

Vermont Reviews

What a wonderful book. I love the illustrations. The grandchildren will have so much fun with this one. I decided to get the full book, after seeing the preview. Well done. I look forward to seeing more work by the talented authors. Loved the cover. I may even want to color a few pages myself.

Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on July 18, 2016, at 1:04 pm by Vermont Reviews.

CataclysmicKnight

I was really surprised with this one! I expected just another coloring book, but this blends a cute little story with really cute drawings and prompts for kids to add their own drawings! It's definitely one I'll share with the nephews and nieces I have.

First Ten review added on July 18, 2016, at 12:36 pm by CataclysmicKnight.

Rachaelamb1

Love the cover of this book. It is adorable and illustrated very well. The first few pages do not disappoint and I can definitely see the appeal of having a coloring book that helps children be calm and use their imagination. The rhymes are a cute way to incorporate the instructions in a fun manner. I have a daughter who would like this so I plan on checking out the rest of the book.

First Ten review added on July 18, 2016, at 12:00 pm by Rachaelamb1.

gali

I love the cover and the concept of the book. The pictures are great and so are the rhymes. It seems like a great interactive book for kids and teachers alike. I liked the combination of meditation and coloring pages. The way the book is presented is very fetching I have to say. I would have sampled the book based on the blurb and all, but wouldn't have bought the ebook version. I believe that those kinds of books work better in the printed version due to the coloring involved, so would have preferred purchasing the paper version. I am definitely interested in reading the book though.

First Ten review added on July 18, 2016, at 11:32 am by gali.

Heidi M Simone

Everything about this book is pleasing to my eyes. The cover and title is inviting. The concept is so very beneficial and the reviews look wonderful. I also remember reading the official review and found this book to be positive. If I had a child, then I would definitely get this book for him/her. Unfortunately, I do not, and therefore will not purchase the book for myself.

The sample that I read does seem to be professionally edited. I really like the mediation aspect of this book. So many children out there are dealing with unnecessary stress that I believe a book like this could very well help. Personally, I have a tough time understanding how this book is supposed to work with a kindle (for kids to color). I'm not sure if there is a way to improve that, but at least there's is a paperback version, which children can easily use for coloring. The part that could be improved is perhaps choosing a little less font variety. My eyes were going all over the place when reading the sample on the computer, maybe it's different in the paperback version, but some words were big, some were small, some bubbled, some not, some cursive, some print. I just feel like it could be a bit much for some.

First Ten review added on July 18, 2016, at 10:54 am by Heidi M Simone.

Total ~ 50%

Under the Sea Coloring/Activity Book earned a score of 50%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 50% plan to read the whole book.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

Go to main Bookshelves page for Under the Sea Coloring/Activity Book