Cover for Debt Cleanse

The First Ten Focus Group Feedback for Debt Cleanse: How To Settle Your Unaffordable Debts for Pennies on the Dollar (And Not Pay Some At All)

Because Debt Cleanse was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted members have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book as a part of purchase-intent focus group. We then asked each participant in the focus group if they planned to buy and read the book, and why they planned to buy and read the book or not. Their answer to that question and reasons are displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten Focus Group.

Keep in mind, the responses from the members are not reviews. This is purchase-intent focus group which means the participants are people who have NOT yet bought or read your book. A purchase-intent focus group is an important and extremely useful marketing tool for any product, not just books. For other products, you might walk on the street and show people an item in a package and poll them about whether they would buy if or $X or not. These kind of focus groups are one of the ways big marketing companies find the ideal price points for products and test the effectiveness of different packaging. The focus group can help you identify your market so you how to target ads of your book, and it can (but may not) provide you new useful info about your "packaging" (e.g. your book cover, your book synopsis on Amazon, etc.). The point of the focus group comments is to give you information from people who have not bought or read your book about why they plan to buy your book which will help you in marketing the book. These are not reviews or critiques of your book because they are not from people have read the book. This is a marketing tool, not reviews. The trick of book marketing and book advertising is that you have to convince people who have not read your book yet that your book is worth buying and reading. For marketing, it doesn't matter much if people love your book after reading it if you cannot convince potential buyers before they read it that they will love it.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable. This is because we only poll about 20 or so readers, and all readers have to say "no" to almost all books. Over a million books are published each year. Even a very active reader cannot come close to even reading 1% of books out there.

This is also why publishing books is such a tough industry.

smolbird

Being a financial management student, I would have sampled this book outside of the program because of its genre. Additionally, its official OBC review gave it a perfect rating, so it made me more interested in reading the book. Based on the sample, I found the book to be well-edited, as I didn't notice any errors. I liked the author's casual writing style. I also liked a lot of his points, and even learned about how debt-ridden the average American seems to be. However, I didn't agree with the author's statement to simply not pay debts. Although the author says that the book's purpose isn't to teach the reader to buy stuff and not pay, I doubt that some people wouldn't do just that. I've decided to not read the book in its entirety, as I find that the content is irrelevant to non-Americans, such as myself.

First Ten review added on June 17, 2021, at 4:01 am by smolbird.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

Justine Ocsebio

I wouldn’t have sampled this book based on the blurb, as I’m not interested in the premise. In the sample, I like that the author offers practical solutions in settling one’s debts. He shares his own story of financial success. He also tells about his failure when he fell into debt after a natural disaster ruined his real estate empire. I disliked nothing, and I didn’t see anything that needed improvement. The text is well edited. However, I’m not going to read the book, as I am not interested in the premise. I am not an American, and I’m not in debt. The official review did not affect my decision.

First Ten review added on June 17, 2021, at 3:50 am by Justine Ocsebio.

Hhannahh

I wouldn't have sampled this book outside this program because it didn't seem like my kind of book. I did see an OBC review of the book, which was quite convincing.
I was impressed by the authenticity and honesty of the author of this book. He doesn't preach that a person's debt would go away immediately or that one should deliberately accrue debt. I especially liked the conversational tone of this book. Considering his experience, I think the author is qualified to write this book. However, I won't be completing this book is because I truly am not interested in its subject matter.
The editing of this was good; I didn't notice any error in the bit I read. I don't think this book needs any improvement.

First Ten review added on June 17, 2021, at 3:25 am by Hhannahh.

Rayah Raouf

I would not have chosen to sample the book because of the genre. It is listed under business, and I have no interest in business books. I will not buy and read the whole book. This is not the book for me. Fortunately, I have no debt to worry about. After reading the prologue, I knew that I was not the intended audience. I noticed no grammatical errors in the sample. Therefore, the book seems to be professionally edited. I like the information provided. I know many people who suffer from debt, and I know they would be able to benefit from this. The subheadings in the chapters also help to know what you will be reading about. I cannot think of any improvements to be made. There was an official review. However, I still do not want to read the book.

First Ten review added on June 16, 2021, at 10:28 am by Rayah Raouf.

Dzejn_Crvena

I wanted to sample the book when I saw the title on the cover, regardless of whether it's part of this program or not. I was intrigued after I read the OBC review. The blurb and the genre fit into the topics connected to my career, so I wanted to read and buy this book. In the sample, I like the inclusion of citations and statistics about the latest studies or surveys. They are relevant to the contents of the book. I also like the analogies, as stated in the OBC review. The review influenced me to check for the best part of the book. I did not find any errors/typos in the sample, and I don't have suggestions for improvements. Therefore, the book seems professionally edited.

First Ten review added on June 16, 2021, at 4:32 am by Dzejn_Crvena.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

63tty

Before reading the first ten pages of this book, I was not interested in it. I had a notion that this was a book that only helps those in the United States. After reading the official onlinebookclub review, this just confirmed my worries. Even though it is directed to and specific to Americans, I found the book interesting. Reading the first ten pages changed my mind.

I will, therefore, be buying and reading this book just for insight and because I loved the writing, which engaged me as a reader. The book seemed professionally edited since I did not note any errors. I appreciated the facts and percentages in the book. They helped with statistical analysis on debts as well as drove the author's point home. I wish the author improved on inclusivity and wrote a book not just there to benefit Americans.

First Ten review added on June 16, 2021, at 1:01 am by 63tty.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

maggi3

Based on the title, cover, and OnlineBookClub review for this book, I would not have read it. The cover felt crowded and unappealing to me, and I was somewhat uncomfortable with the premise of the book. If I needed help with debt, I would prefer to speak to a professional one-on-one rather than getting advice from a book like this.

Based on the sample I read, I will still not be reading this book. The prologue contains questions that indicate that one might be the target audience for this book, and I answered “no” to those questions, so I doubt the book would be relevant to me. I liked that the information in the book was backed up with citations and easy to understand. I also thought that the book was professionally edited, as I noticed no errors. I have no advice for the author; this book just isn’t relevant to me.

First Ten review added on June 15, 2021, at 6:08 pm by maggi3.

Yvonne Monique

The book cover looks a bit chaotic, but the title is clear. I would pick this book up if I would see it in a book store because I find the topic interesting. However, after reading the blurb and OBC review it becomes clear that this book is based on the American financial system. As I do not live in the USA, I can probably not relate to many of the chapters. Furthermore, the OBC review states that this book focuses on how not to pay your debts. I find this a very dangerous and unethical advice. In my opinion, one should be responsible for the decisions made in life. The first ten pages are well edited and free of errors. The writing style is engaging, but it is clear straight away from the beginning that this book focuses on an American audience. That is the reason why I will not buy this book. As an improvement, I would suggest the author to write an adapted version of this book for an international audience.

First Ten review added on June 15, 2021, at 3:27 pm by Yvonne Monique.

Mariana Figueira

Before reading the book's first pages, I wasn't interested in it because where I live (Venezuela), the economic system is very different from the one in the USA, so much so that we don't have debt at the moment (at least, not individuals). So, unfortunately, this book is not useful to me, and sampling it didn't change that. I like that the author doesn't focus on what you should or could have done, and more on what you can actually do now that you've accumulated debt. This book has an official Online BookClub review and seems professionally edited; I didn't see anything that needed improvement.

First Ten review added on June 15, 2021, at 12:51 pm by Mariana Figueira.

This book appears to have been Book of the Day more than once. Only responses from the most recent Book of the Day focus group are shown. Older responses have been hidden by default to avoid confusion. If you would like to also view the older first ten responses, you can unhide them by clicking the button below.

Show Older Responses

Total ~ 22%

Debt Cleanse earned a score of 22%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 22% plan to read the whole book.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

Go to main Bookshelves page for Debt Cleanse