Cover for Inspirience: Meditation Unbound

The First Ten Focus Group Feedback for Inspirience: Meditation Unbound: The Unconditioned Path to Spiritual Awakening

Because Inspirience: Meditation Unbound was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted members have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book as a part of purchase-intent focus group. We then asked each participant in the focus group if they planned to buy and read the book, and why they planned to buy and read the book or not. Their answer to that question and reasons are displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten Focus Group.

Keep in mind, the responses from the members are not reviews. This is purchase-intent focus group which means the participants are people who have NOT yet bought or read your book. A purchase-intent focus group is an important and extremely useful marketing tool for any product, not just books. For other products, you might walk on the street and show people an item in a package and poll them about whether they would buy if or $X or not. These kind of focus groups are one of the ways big marketing companies find the ideal price points for products and test the effectiveness of different packaging. The focus group can help you identify your market so you how to target ads of your book, and it can (but may not) provide you new useful info about your "packaging" (e.g. your book cover, your book synopsis on Amazon, etc.). The point of the focus group comments is to give you information from people who have not bought or read your book about why they plan to buy your book which will help you in marketing the book. These are not reviews or critiques of your book because they are not from people have read the book. This is a marketing tool, not reviews. The trick of book marketing and book advertising is that you have to convince people who have not read your book yet that your book is worth buying and reading. For marketing, it doesn't matter much if people love your book after reading it if you cannot convince potential buyers before they read it that they will love it.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable. This is because we only poll about 20 or so readers, and all readers have to say "no" to almost all books. Over a million books are published each year. Even a very active reader cannot come close to even reading 1% of books out there.

This is also why publishing books is such a tough industry.

Dolor

If not because of The First Ten program, I wouldn't have chosen to read this book because I am not much into self-help books. The book cover looks peaceful though a bit gloomy. With or without the official OBC review, I had decided to bypass reading this book. The first ten pages talked about meditation. The author had no idea what the process was. He just sat there for a few minutes, not knowing what to do. As he matured, he decided to ask what we were supposed to do during meditation. Here are the errors I noticed:
*random capitalization*
I EXPERIENCED MY FIRST

*punctuation errors*
 At age 16 I began dating a girl who, unbeknownst to me, meditated.

As I matured, I decided to ask what we were supposed to do during “meditation.”

The teacher said, “Meditate,” in a stern voice.
The first ten pages had not piqued my interest, so I will not read on. If the first ten pages had been a gripping read, I might have changed my original hunch. Richard L. Haight's Inspirience: Meditation Unbound is a #SelfHelp book revolving around #Spirituality, #Meditation, and #MartialArts. It is an intensive guide which provides beneficial information about retraining the brain, different types of conscience, and appreciation.   

#Awakening

First Ten review added on March 29, 2019, at 4:10 am by Dolor.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

Gravy

As with all self help, I would not have sampled this. I am not a fan of the genre, and the sample did not change my mind, so I will not be reading this.
I didn't notice any errors within the sample, but there are a large number of errors in the information on Amazon (incorrect punctuation (comma after "but" when no comma is needed), extra words (an extra "it" in the book's description), and the "about the author" all runs together due to missing spaces between words). Seeing these errors, regardless of how interested I am in a book, will stop me from sampling it.
If I had to list something I specifically liked or did not like, I would say I enjoyed the story of him seeing the coyote and bobcat. I am not sure if there was a review for this book, my opinion, however, would be the same either way.
I will not be reading this due to my dislike of the genre.

First Ten review added on March 29, 2019, at 2:42 am by Gravy.

Kristin Ransome

This book is not one I would have picked up outside of the first 10 program, because I'm not interested in books about meditation. After the first 10 pages, this book failed to convince me to continue reading for that purpose. Having found no errors in the first 10 pages, I would say this book is professionally edited. My favourite part is when the author describes the term unfolding, because unfolding could apply to many different things, like emotion. People can bury emotion and forget it's there, and it can take a lot of work to realize what is written on that paper. My least favourite part was that the author does not appear to back up his teachings with any credible sources. He describes his knowledge is only from his own journey to find Isness, but he claims everyone will experience many health and other benefits.

First Ten review added on March 29, 2019, at 2:26 am by Kristin Ransome.

unamilagra

Before sampling this book, I would not have chosen it to read because spiritual awakening is not something that I enjoy reading about. The first ten pages consisted mainly of the introduction, which seemed well written. I agree that there are a lot of benefits of meditation, but the discussions of Isness and insperience are just too far out there for me. I do not plan to purchase or read this book. I did not notice any errors in the section I reviewed.

First Ten review added on March 28, 2019, at 11:15 pm by unamilagra.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I would not have read it. I usually read pure romance books. However the cover (with the image of plants within a circle in the centre and everything else blurred) caught my attention. Having read the sample, I loved how the author introduced himself and the book. It gave me a good impression of the book even before reading the content. Further, the language used was simple and easy to understand. I found the book well edited and formatted. I liked the designs used before and after each chapter title. However, I would have liked more spacing between paragraphs. I had no major issues with the sample. However, this is not a genre that I usually read and hence I will not be buying the book today.

First Ten review added on March 28, 2019, at 9:03 pm by AA1495.

Christina O Phillips

The first word of the title is too unique: I honestly thought it was an error. The cover art is pretty. I do not normally read self help books, but this one sounded interesting so I would have read the sample without this program. The chapters that I was able to read were very short, but I got a good feeling of the tone. It is written very straightforward and not a lot of jargon. It explained the definition of meditation and martial meditation clearly. I did not notice any errors. I like the tone and style of writing and do want to learn more about meditation...and what inspirience means.

First Ten review added on March 28, 2019, at 8:01 pm by Christina O Phillips.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

R Lawrence

Although the cover intrigued me, I would not have picked up this book because meditation is not a subject that interests me. The title and reviews, including the Official OnlineBookClub review, had no impact on my feelings towards this book. Even though I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would, I will not be finishing it because I found it hard to stay focused on the book and I think I would become uninterested quickly. I liked that the author included his experiences of trying different meditation methods and tied it back to his spiritual feelings but I found the spiritual aspect of his stories to be much less interesting than his experimentation with mediation. I did not see any typos or grammatical errors and the book seemed well edited.

First Ten review added on March 28, 2019, at 7:54 pm by R Lawrence.

Ekta Kumari

I would have sampled this book as I've read other works of this author, and I enjoy his writing and perspective on meditation. I liked the sample I read. I like how the book starts with defining meditation. It shows that the book starts with the basics and gradually moves towards more advanced concepts. It can be a short guide for people who want to practice meditation. Though I'm not yet very comfortable with the author's idea of spirituality, I do find his views intriguing. Plus, there is no error and it seems to be well edited. I read the official review and got to know that the author also discusses neuroplasticity. I would like to read the rest to know more about ways to incorporate meditation into daily life.

First Ten review added on March 28, 2019, at 5:14 pm by Ekta Kumari.

Jsovermyer

The cover art is beautiful and would attract my attention. I don't like the made-up word, Inspirience, in the title. I had a hard time understanding this book. In the first ten pages, the author introduces his new words, Isness and Inspirience. He talks about unfoldment, unveiling, and unbinding. He also talks about his first Isness experience where he walked angrily away from his mother, began meditating on the ground, and lost all sense of time. The official review rated this book highly, but I wasn't that impressed with the first ten pages. It appears to have been professionally edited, and I found no grammatical or spelling errors in it. I am a very skeptical person.
This book doesn't appeal to me. I will not be finishing it.

First Ten review added on March 28, 2019, at 3:55 pm by Jsovermyer.

Jessacardinal

I really like the cover and the title seems inspiring. I have not seen the official Online Book Club review but I have previously read and reviewed The Unbound Soul. Overall, that book was not for me, therefore, I must conclude this book will not be either. Due to this reason, I will not plan to read this book. The book appears to be well edited and, for those who enjoy this genre, there is nothing to be improved upon. Because the topic is not my cup of tea, there is nothing I specifically like most in the sample.

First Ten review added on March 28, 2019, at 2:11 pm by Jessacardinal.

Sonya Nicolaidis

I’ve seen this book around for a while and often wondered about the meaning of the title. It is not a word I have ever heard before, so this alone would make me pick the book up for a closer look. The reviews all pointed to a book that was dealing with spiritual enlightenment and meditation, and while they were all very positive, I was disappointed in the choice of subject matter. These are topics I am really not interested in, so my first idea was that this was not a book for me. The cover is lovely, though, and very appealing, so I read the sample optimistically so as to get what I could out of this book. I have to say, I enjoyed the author’s writing style. He has the gift of communicating elegantly and eloquently and it was a pleasure to read. In fact, I saw no mistakes in the sample so I assume the editing is excellent as well. I most enjoyed the observation he makes that when we wish to perceive something subtle, defocusing is more important than focusing. Also surprising was that this author’s leanings towards spirituality began at such an early age. I cannot pinpoint anything I didn’t like about this sample, except that the topic generally does not make sense to me at all, so I wouldn’t go any further in reading this book. I’m sure there would be many readers who would appreciate it however, and I wish the author well.

First Ten review added on March 28, 2019, at 12:24 pm by Sonya Nicolaidis.

Emy Katherine

Although the cover caught my attention, I would not have chosen to read the book based on the genre and the blurb. After reading the sample and the OBC review, I did not change my mind because I do not read non-fiction books. In his book, "Inspirience: Meditation Unbound," Richard L. Haight wants to demonstrate how meditation can change someone's life for the better. Even though I liked the conversational tone, I am not interested in meditation; therefore, I will not read the book. Those readers who enjoy reading self-books will appreciate it. Furthermore, the book seems like it was professionally edited as I did not notice any typos or grammatical errors.

First Ten review added on March 28, 2019, at 11:02 am by Emy Katherine.

Kristy Khem

I liked the cover design and title of this book. The blurb also encouraged me to read it because I enjoy meditating every day. The reviews I saw (including Amazon reviews and an OBC review) also praised the book. Therefore, I would have chosen to read this book. The sample was intriguing. I liked how the author included anecdotes from his past, such as when he practiced staring at candles to improve his focus and attempted to teach his co-workers meditation and martial arts together during lunch. I also liked that he started the book by explaining what meditation is. In this way, anyone who is new to the concept will be able to follow along easily by sitting erect and just focusing on breathing. I didn’t come across any errors while reading. This is another positive aspect of the sample. I would love to continue reading this book because I think the author has a lot of vital information to share. I will be happy to buy and read this book.

First Ten review added on March 28, 2019, at 10:17 am by Kristy Khem.

Lorraine De Vos

I would have chosen to sample this book on the reputation of the author. The cover is beautiful and envokes feelings of peace and tranquility. I am keen to read the entire book to attempt moving meditation. The book does appear to be professionally edited - I did not notice any errors. What I liked most about the sample is the fact that the author explains what you can expect from the book and doesn’t just immediately start to tell you how you must meditate. What I would recommend is to possibly use simpler terms when writing to make it accessible for a wider audience. The official OnlineBookClub review was well written, but did not affect my decision.

First Ten review added on March 28, 2019, at 10:15 am by Lorraine De Vos.

Delaney35

This is not a book I would have read. I am not interested in meditation at all. Reading the first ten pages did not entice me either. I have read another book by this author and wasn’t a fan. I do not plan on continuing this book. The first pages were well edited, probably by a professional. I did not notice any grammatical mistakes. The beginning gave an overview of what the author wanted the reader to accomplish. Then it launched into a short segment about the author’s life. This was interesting, but not enough to entice me to finish the book. There was an official review of this book. It was well-rated, however, this is not a book I will finish simply because I don’t like non-fiction very much.

First Ten review added on March 27, 2019, at 7:10 pm by Delaney35.

Sweet Psamy

If I had not sampled the first ten pages of this book, I would have chosen to read it because of its attractive color combination (gold on black) on its cover page. I do like gold color a lot. This is because it almost looks like yellow which is a color I love so much.  I would not buy and read the whole book because the knowledge I perceive in the book is not correct. I am a Christian and I have higher definitions of some of the things he was trying to explain in the book.

Reading the first ten pages did not change my mind about not buying the book. This is because I appreciate simple explanations of concepts instead of complex explanations that could be misconstrued as saying several things. His calling God Isness was the extreme redifinition of ambiguity.  The book appears to have been professionally edited. What I like most in the bit I read was the cover page and title. They were the two things that caught my interest at the start of the book,

I think giving the book a religious feel would further enhance his assertions. He introduced the book like someone who is neutral on religious matters, but still ended up sounding biased about certain things in the book. He should have introduced the religions of people to further his assertions. The book did not have an official OnlineBookClub review that I saw. The lack of an official OnlineBookClub review did not affect my decision.

First Ten review added on March 27, 2019, at 6:49 pm by Sweet Psamy.

NuelUkah

The cover and title is just perfect. I like how Richard went beyond what he was being taught to find out what works best for him. Good thing he started with the foundation of meditation. His experience with the coyote and bobcat during meditation was remarkable. The book seems to be professionally edited. I bought a copy already, and I am going to read this book to learn how I can meditate effectively. I wish Richard added diagrams or images to illustrate which would go a long way to help novices understand the book better.

First Ten review added on March 27, 2019, at 5:58 pm by NuelUkah.

Juliana_Isabella

Had I not been asked to sample this book, I probably wouldn't have tried it due to the negative stigma surrounding books about spirituality. Although I still do not plan to finish the book, I did enjoy the sample, and I agreed with the reviewer on this site that the author's organized style and lack of editing errors made the work more approachable. I enjoyed the author's matter-of-fact writing, but I don't think his ideas are as different from those of other spritual paths as he thinks they are, so I won't be finishing the book.

First Ten review added on March 27, 2019, at 4:55 pm by Juliana_Isabella.

sarahmarlowe

The cover looks really cool and professional. I probably would have picked it up based on the picture and on wanting to find out what the title means. After reading the sample, I see it is not the type of book I am interested in reading. However, I did find it to be well-written. I found no errors, and it flows smoothly. I like that the author covered some of his terminology in the Introduction so that readers would have that understanding before reading the book. Also, the author starts off by sharing his beginning experiences, and I believe that people looking into meditation would find this book helpful. I have not read an OBC review of this book, and I will not be reading the book.

First Ten review added on March 27, 2019, at 4:36 pm by sarahmarlowe.

Kajori Sheryl Paul

'Inspiriance: Meditation Unbound' is a book written by Richard L. Haight. The title, blurb, the OBC review, and the customer reviews in Amazon did a good job of convincing me to give the book a try.

The first ten pages of the book leads me to believe that it is a non-fiction. This spiritual book focuses on meditation as the way to spiritual awakening. I like the well-structured nature of the book. Also, the simple language is a plus. I did not find any error. Hence, I find it professionally edited. I will give this book a try as I really liked raeading another book by this author. Also, I like the language.

First Ten review added on March 27, 2019, at 4:22 pm by Kajori Sheryl Paul.

Theresa Moffitt

I really like the cover art of this book. The photo and colors are uplifting. I like the title because it is interesting and straight-forward. The cover represents the subject matter of the book well because the title mentions meditation and the author states within the first ten pages of this book that the primary focus of the book is meditation. I would have picked this book up based on the cover because of the interesting title and images. I have an interest in self-help books and learning meditation which also would have made me choose this book to read. I have not read a review of this book yet. The first ten pages were well-written and engaging. I like the author’s writing style. He explains new terms like “Isness” and “Inspirience” in a method that is easy to understand. The author explains that the focus of the book is primarily meditation and helping people to achieve inspired lives filled with connection and purpose. I would like to finish this book because I like the author’s writing style and the topic interests me. I believe this book was professionally edited because I did not see any errors in the first ten pages.

First Ten review added on March 27, 2019, at 2:01 pm by Theresa Moffitt.

This book appears to have been Book of the Day more than once. Only responses from the most recent Book of the Day focus group are shown. Older responses have been hidden by default to avoid confusion. If you would like to also view the older first ten responses, you can unhide them by clicking the button below.

Show Older Responses

Total ~ 33%

Inspirience: Meditation Unbound earned a score of 33%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 33% plan to read the whole book.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

Go to main Bookshelves page for Inspirience: Meditation Unbound