Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Average Rating: 3.8 out of 4

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on July 20, 2015, at 11:37 pm by Charity_Rowell.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

ISBN: 9781492120469

Buried Threads: (Threads #2)

by Kaylin McFarren

The First Ten

Because Buried Threads was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

gali

I probably wouldn't have sampled the book without the program, as it is the second book in the series. I prefer to read series from the start whenever possible. The cover is nice and very suggestive I have to say, and the blurb informative. The beginning pages were a bit boring, but things improved when Ota, the Yakuza murderer, opened the door to the inspector. This scene was well done and made me curious about the secrets of Ota. The next scene with Rachel was less capturing. It seems like a well-written book, alas it isn't for me as erotic suspense books aren't my preferable read. In addition, I am not too fond of books written in the style of an Indiana Jones movie. I didn't see any official review, but it didn't affect my decision either way.

First Ten review added on January 23, 2017, at 10:12 am by gali.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

James Craft

The cover of this book is interesting, but a little bit difficult to read. Some of the words are too small, and others blend into the background and don't really stand out. It also doesn't really give an idea of what the book is going to be about. The blurb is short and punchy, which is good, and it also does a much better job of making the story sound interesting. This is one that is looking like a very good read, though the introduction was a little off-putting. The indentation is a little bit too deep, though the opening does read well. It seems like a good book, but my TBR pile is already very long and it isn't quite enough to bump one of my other reads.

First Ten review added on January 23, 2017, at 10:47 am by James Craft.

chocomeiske

I love this cover. It's speaks of romance and adventure. The sample was interesting to say the least and left me with the urge to read the rest. I just remembered I have a physical copy of this somewhere buried in my stacks of books so I will be doing so soon. I think this book has been professionally edited.

First Ten review added on January 23, 2017, at 1:48 pm by chocomeiske.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

CrescentMoon

After reading the blurb, I don't think I would pick this book up. I wasn't really enticed by the storyline. After reading the first ten pages, I think fans of this genre would like this book. There seems to be a lot of action, adventure, and romance which I do typically like, but I don't think this book is for me. I wasn't really hooked.

First Ten review added on January 23, 2017, at 1:49 pm by CrescentMoon.

Sarah_Khan

I would not have picked up this book if it was not part of the first ten program because the cover makes me think this is an erotic novel and I do not read books in that genre. I thought the blurb gave a good idea of the plot without giving too much away.
After reading the first ten pages, I was pleasantly surprised. This book is professionally edited and well-written, it certainly is interesting from the very beginning. I would have liked for there to have been an online book club review for me to get more information concerning the plot. Without the extra information, I do not feel like I can commit to buying this book today.

First Ten review added on January 23, 2017, at 2:00 pm by Sarah_Khan.

jamesabr

This sample was very fascinating. Because of it, my interest in the thriller genre is rekindled! If I had not sampled it through this program, I would have considered sampling it due to the intriguing blurb it received on the Book of the Day Facebook page. The lack of an Official OnlineBookClub review didn't affect my decision to purchase the book. Being introduced to Kenji and his work with the Zakura-kai was deeply fascinating, and admittedly, my favorite part of the sample. I especially liked how the third person narrative didn't distract me with too many new faces before delivering the information on the treasure-hunting duo that will likely appear throughout the story. There were no typos or grammatical errors.

First Ten review added on January 23, 2017, at 3:11 pm by jamesabr.

Vermont Reviews

Kaylin McFarren has the talent to present a great story. In the preview and reviews that I did read in today's book of the day. Buried Threads shows characters who has a story to offer readers an escape to Japan. The geishas and the members of the gangs who control many of the businessmen and their entertainment. I found the preview to be an exciting read. At this time I will not be downloading the book. Based on my reading schedule which is right now overbooked. I would have purchased the book based on the preview and the reviews. I found the characters Rachael Lyons and Satora Yamada to be interesting.
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on January 23, 2017, at 4:04 pm by Vermont Reviews.

bookowlie

The summary blurb appears to be professionally edited and gave me a good flavor of what the book would be about. However, the plot seems to be too busy for my taste. The cover is not something that would catch my eye in a bookstore. The picture isn't all that interesting to me and the title kind of fades into the dark background. The beginning of the story is well written and has a nice flow. Unfortunately, I didn't care for the subject matter or violence.

First Ten review added on January 23, 2017, at 6:11 pm by bookowlie.

mratdegraff91

This novel has an enticing cover and sparks curiosity. The blurb reveals that it is an action packed thriller. There is not an OnlineBookClub review to support this book, but it has many 4 and 5 star ratings on Amazon. Upon reading the sample, I notice that the book lacks grammatical errors which make me believe that it is a professionally edited book. I like Kenji's personality as he is one of the first introduced at the beginning of this story. This story seems like it will be a great book and I would have originally downloaded it upon reading the summary.

First Ten review added on January 23, 2017, at 7:07 pm by mratdegraff91.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I wouldn't have read it. I usually read typical romance books. Having read the sample, my opinion remains. I liked how the author introduced the characters. The book seems to be professionally edited. I did not come across an Onlinebookclub review for the book & the absence of one may have affected my decision. The sample didn't make me curious enough to want to read further. Hence, I will not be buying the book today.

First Ten review added on January 23, 2017, at 7:08 pm by AA1495.

Kdonegan91

The cover is beautiful and the title is creative and unique. Although I am a lover of the suspense and romance genre, the sample of this book just did not spark my interest. I found it difficult to finish. Therefore, I will not be purchasing this book.

First Ten review added on January 23, 2017, at 8:19 pm by Kdonegan91.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample, I would not have read the book. Although I like mystery and thrillers, the plot of this book did not seem particularly engaging. After reading the sample, I have not changed my mind. While there was emotion in what the characters said and did, I felt like the scenes seemed to drag. It was professionally edited and I did not read an official review.

First Ten review added on January 24, 2017, at 12:21 am by psychopathycathy.

CataclysmicKnight

The fact this mentioned lust on the cover and was a romance novel had me concerned immediately, but the Amazon description showed that this book had a lot more going on. The first section of the book eluded to some good action, an adventure and set the plot up quite well while remaining interesting. I can certainly see finishing this one as long as it doesn't get too raunchy later.

First Ten review added on January 24, 2017, at 12:29 am by CataclysmicKnight.

L_Therese

I was happy when I saw Indiana Jones in the description for this book, but I was leery about how it would play out. I was also concerned that it was the second in a series, even though the description indicated that it could stand alone. When I read the first ten pages, I was disappointed. I was reading about a prominent member of a Japanese crime syndicate, not a thrilling adventure. Maybe it gets better, but I'm not going to find out.

First Ten review added on January 24, 2017, at 2:26 am by L_Therese.

dhwanis

The book cover did not really interest me, so I would not have really bought the book without reading the 10 pages. After reading it, it seems to be full of adventure, which is something that I was interested in, but have not read for quite a while. I am willing to give this genre a shot.

First Ten review added on January 24, 2017, at 6:24 am by dhwanis.

hsimone

Both the cover and the blurb demonstrate that this book will involve erotic scenes. Though I don't mind some, I don't like these scenes to be the focus of my read. And even though the title is interesting, and a good mystery/thriller is sometimes nice, I would not have sampled this read on my own.

Based on what I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. I like how the author opened the book with an original poem; it was unique and enjoyable to read. Also, I appreciate the author taking some time in describing Kenji. The only 'issue' I have with the book, so far, is I feel I will get confused easily while reading. The names are all unique and this is a second in a series (I have not read the first one). Overall, it may be an interesting read, I do not plan on buying this book today.

First Ten review added on January 24, 2017, at 2:41 pm by hsimone.

Gravy

While not my genre, I found the writing interesting. I would not have looked at this. I found no errors, and actually quite enjoyed what I read. However, given that it isn't something I would normally read, and I have much on my list as it is, I don't plan to continue

First Ten review added on January 24, 2017, at 7:04 pm by Gravy.

jungkookblog

I think I would be reading this book because the plot seems like it has action in it. Action is one of my favorite genres. I am going to be reading this book because the setting seems to be taken place in Japan, and I really admire that country. It seems like it was professionally edited. I did not see anything that I didn't like, but I really liked the use of Japanese names into the book. I did not see a review, however it didn't affect my decision.

First Ten review added on January 24, 2017, at 10:50 pm by jungkookblog.

anneloretrujillo

Without this program, I probably would not have sampled this book. It is volume 2, and I usually try to read series in order. I have never read volume 1 of this series. After reading the first ten pages, I will not be buying this book. The book just wasn't of interest to me. I liked the author's style of writing, and I didn't notice any editing errors. Unfortunately, this just isn't the book for me.

First Ten review added on January 24, 2017, at 11:21 pm by anneloretrujillo.

klbradley

I'm not a fan of starting a book in a series without having read the first one, so I wouldn't want to jump into this one right away. The opening pages are interesting though, as the man that this discussed is apparently a murderer. The editing seems to be done well so far. Without any information about this one before hand, I probably wouldn't have chosen it, mainly due to it being the second book in a series.

First Ten review added on January 24, 2017, at 11:55 pm by klbradley.

Rachaelamb1

This is not normally the type of book I would choose to read. The cover looks professional though. I enjoyed the first ten pages more than I thought I would. I like the whole treasure hunter idea. However, I do not plan on reading the rest because I saw someone mention that the romance is graphic. I did not notice any grammatical errors.

First Ten review added on January 25, 2017, at 6:16 am by Rachaelamb1.

Cjgarland89

I really liked the cover of the book. It speaks to the genre and it's just well done. I was excited to read this at first, but after sampling the first ten I won't be finishing the book. It's a little slow going for me, I like suspense to be all throughout my books. I have to be hooked in the first few pages or I just can't continue. The author did well on error free writing and I know many others will enjoy this book.

First Ten review added on January 25, 2017, at 6:41 am by Cjgarland89.

MarisaRose

If not for this program, I would not have chosen to sample this book as I do not typically sample the second book in a series. For the most part, I enjoyed the beginning of "Buried Threads." The writing style is interesting and the book appears to be professionally edited. At the introduction, Kenji appears to be a character I would like to know more about. However, the overall content of the plot doesn't really speak to me. I don't particularly care for murder for hire and mafioso type content. Though I can see why this book would appeal to many readers, the content in the sample did not spark my interest. The lack of an official OBC review did not impact my decision to not purchase or continue reading this book.

First Ten review added on January 25, 2017, at 7:00 am by MarisaRose.

Momlovesbooks

The cover of this book looked erotic. Based on the blurb, I wasn't sure if I'd like this book. I read the first few pages but couldn't get into it. The action seemed slow in starting. Also, I'm not a big fan of the erotic romance genre. For those that like this type of book, it will probably be an enjoyable read. I won't be reading it, though.

First Ten review added on January 25, 2017, at 7:16 am by Momlovesbooks.

Total ~ 25%

This book earned a score of 25%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 25% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has Buried Threads in their shelves?

More than 28 members have Buried Threads in their shelves. Log in to see the full count. If you do not already have an account, create one now. It is easy and free! You just choose a display name and password. It is that easy!

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

ilovebooks2

Want To Read Shelf

jlindquist

Want To Read Shelf

1_2_5_am

Currently Reading Shelf

sandeesandlz98

Want To Read Shelf

karatheredhead

Want To Read Shelf

Strangerthanfiction

Want To Read Shelf