Cover for Toni the Superhero

The First Ten Feedback for Toni the Superhero

Because Toni the Superhero was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable. This is because we only poll about 20 or so readers, and all readers have to say "no" to almost all books. Over a million books are published each year. Even a very active reader cannot come close to even reading 1% of books out there.

This is also why publishing books is such a tough industry.

gali

I wouldn't have read the book on my own, as I am not the target audience. I only read kids' book for review purposes. The cover is sweet. The blurb is short but gives enough info about the content. The book is about the daily activities of a kid with superpowers, a great concept for a book. The sample was far too short (one page) to get a real taste of the book. The illustrations are cute, from the little I saw. A book that is both entertaining and educational sounds great. Still, I won't buy the book as the book is meant for kids, nor do I have kids in the age range it's recommended for. The official review didn't sway my decision either way.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 7:54 am by gali.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

hsimone

If it wasn't for this program, I would not have sampled this book. Though the cover, title, blurb, customer and OBC reviews all prove this to be a good children's book, I don't have any children. Therefore, I wouldn't have any reason to read it. It is difficult to say if the book is edited well as the sample provided on Amazon only shows the front and back covers of the book. As I can only comment on what I see from the front and back covers, I find the front cover to be inviting and fun for children; I especially like that Tony is of darker color, and he's surrounded by ordinary things. Showing that this superhero is surrounded by cleaning products, healthy foods, and books will show kids that even though Tony is a superhero, he is just like all children and tries to be a good person. However, as this is a book for children and I don't have any, then I do not plan on getting a copy of this book and reading it fully.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 9:04 am by hsimone.

Laura Bach

I recently considered reading this book. I liked how it looked, although I might have preferred a name like Antonio instead of the nickname Toni. It is easy to read for any child, having only a few simple verbs, for example, "to like" and "to be". The pictures are very beautiful, colorful, and detailed. It gives the right example to children. The book is professionally edited.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 12:14 pm by Laura Bach.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

lesler

Had I not sampled the book, I would have chosen to read this book, as I am always looking for excellent books for children. Upon sampling, I do plan to buy this book and read it, as the illustrations are captivating, and the storyline is perfect for a child learning how to read. This will be a perfect addition to my learning to read books in my classroom. This book appears professionally edited, with no typos or grammatical errors that I noticed. I really like how this book provides a positive message, on how Toni can be a superhero, but also do his daily chores, treat animals with kindness, and eat healthy food. I also like the message that you can be a superhero, no matter your age and size. I do not like some of the larger word choices in this, such as "rescue." This will take some time to teach, but that is no big deal.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 12:29 pm by lesler.

britt13

So this was a hard one to do the first ten on. It is only thirty pages and per the rules, you only have to do ten percent if shorter than a hundred pages, but that is only three pages. So I read the whole thing, unfortunately. In total it is only like twenty sentences. I am sorry that I did not stop and ten pages. The official review gave very high praise and I can see why. The book does a lovely job of having very simple sentences with the same structure to make the child really focus on the action that Toni is doing. The illustrations are so cute! There were no grammatical errors. I do not know that at this time I would buy it, because I am not quite sure who I would give it to. If I had children this age, or knew someone with them, I would recommend or buy!

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 1:11 pm by britt13.

Mely918

I think the cover art would have grabbed my attention even if I had not sampled the first ten pages. I probably wouldn't have gotten very far with reading it though, since it's not for my age group. I would read the whole thing if I were in a classroom setting with younger kids, or if I had children of my own. The book is very well edited, which I think is important for a story that is trying to inspire kids to become better readers. I like how there are colorful illustrations in the book to further catch the interest of children. The official review does recommend the author try to make the book more interactive, and I agree. Interactive stories help to keep children engaged, especially when they're really young. I, personally, don't think I will be reading this book in its entirety unless I have a kid with me.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 3:36 pm by Mely918.

CinWin

The cover of "Toni The Superhero" by RD Base was very cute and colorful. I would have opened up the book based on this. I am planning on reading the entire 30 pages of this book and writing a review on it. The way it was written was very positive and upbeat. I loved the fun and colorful pictures that would appeal to a pre-reader. It had no grammatical errors and the onlinebookclub review was quite thorough. I saw nothing to be improved upon and was glad to see that there are future "Toni" books. Children love sequels.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 4:11 pm by CinWin.

Momiji1987

Toni is really cute and I like that he’s a magical kid who likes to help with ordinary things. I’m a cat lover, so the little kitty he rescues is simply adorable. The artist did a fantastic job with all the illustrations and I love the beautiful colors chosen; the sky alone on just the cover looks fantastic and I love how the colors change from green to blue. I agree with the reviewer that it’s great that Toni is a little older than the target audience so they can feel inspired to be like him. He teaches kids to read and also to be kind and help with chores. I also agree that the book would be more fun if it was interactive with flaps to hide words like the reviewer suggested. I didn’t see any errors or typos, this book looks very professional. I don’t have kids, but if I did I would probably have fun reading this book with them. I’ll recommend it when I meet someone who could use this book.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 4:19 pm by Momiji1987.

Yolimari

I might have sampled this book with my daughter at a library because the cover is eye-catching. The OBC review convinced me to read this book because it indicated that this book uses simple language to teach kids how to read. After I sampled the book, I thought it was professionally edited. I liked the vibrant colors used in the lively illustrations. I also liked that the author used simple language, so little kids can learn how to read. I will read this book with my daughter because she is learning how to read at this stage.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 5:38 pm by Yolimari.

lavellan

I probably would have not read the sample of Toni the Superhero if it had not been a part of The First Ten program. While the Book of the Day review was positive, I am not a part of the book's target audience. The book seemed like it was professionally edited and I did not notice any errors while reading. I enjoyed that the author included Toni doing ordinary activities like doing chores. I thought that the book could have included more interactive elements like coloring pages or games. I will not be buying this book because I am not a part of the target audience nor do I have a young child to read the book to.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 6:49 pm by lavellan.

Christina Rose

I have a son within the target age range for this book. Even if it had not been for this program, I would have likely still sampled this book. The cover is eye-catching, and the title is fitting for my son's current interests. The reviews seem very positive, and it sounds like this will be a great tool to help my son as he learns to read. I have downloaded the book, and will be reading it with my son. Reading the sample myself aided in my decision to finish this quick children's book. The book seems to be well edited, and has no errors that I have found. My favorite aspect of this book is that it shows the everyday events of Toni the Superhero. This can aid a parent in helping children develop great skills. This book does have an Official OnlineBookClub review, and it helped me in making my decision. From what I have seen, there is nothing about this book that I would change. The sentences are simple and ideal for the target audience, and the pictures are colorful and attention grabbing. This is an overall appealing book, and I'm glad I was able to get a copy.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 6:50 pm by Christina Rose.

BunnySTx

After reading a few pages of, Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base, I have decided that I will finish reading it. At first glance, I thought that this book would be a fun story for my daughter. If I had not read a sample of this book, I would have picked it up. This book has several positive reviews. This fact helps positively influence my opinion. I won a copy in a giveaway, so I will finish reading it. I like the sentence structures. They are short, sweet, and go well with the illustrations. I appreciate that each page shows Toni doing something different. I like how the author portrays Toni. On each page, Toni is kind, helpful and industrious. I feel that Toni is a good example for kids. I like the positivity of this short story. This book does have an official OnlineBookClub review. The reviewer speaks positively of this story. The reviewer warns this book is intended for younger readers. I feel disappointed, but it does not lessen my interest. I will finish reading this book. I also think my daughter will enjoy it as well.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 6:55 pm by BunnySTx.

SamSim

Prior to checking out this book on bookshelves and on the Amazon page, this is a book that might have interested me, had I seen it on my own. As it is, I've seen this book on OBC as it has been frequently reviewed. I have read 2 or 3 reviews for this book and already had a positive impression of it. The almost 60 Amazon customer reviews are all overwhelmingly positive as well. I have 3 children, the oldest of whom is 5, so I love the fact that this book is viewed as extremely approachable for new readers. I also love that Toni is featured in the book acting selflessly, being encouraging, engaging in healthy habits, and being responsible. I think my kids would admire Toni and enjoy reading this book. I do wish that there was more to the sample on Amazon other than the front and back of the book. Seeing at least the first page would have been great, to get more of a sense of the entire book. Without the reviews, especially the 160+ 4-star ratings on OBC, I definitely wouldn't have given this book so much attention. I'm not going to buy it today because it's $10 I haven't budgeted for, but I'm putting it in my Amazon cart for Christmas and will most likely buy it in the next few months. Congrats to Base on a great book!

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 7:32 pm by SamSim.

CrescentMoon

After reading the blurb, I wouldn't pick this book up because I don't have children in my life and I don't typically enjoy reading children's books. After reading the first ten pages, I didn't see any spelling or grammar errors. I thought the writing was very simple and direct which is perfect for a kids' book because then complicated language won't overwhelm them. I thought the colorful illustrations were very eye-catching and would draw any child in. I think this book would be perfect for schoolteachers who teach a classroom full of young kids, or parents. I think the messages in the book are very positive and educational. However, this isn't for me.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 7:36 pm by CrescentMoon.

Kat Berg

The official OBC review made me want to read this book. As an ESL teacher, I appreciate books for learners. I found this book delightful, a good first reader book with simple concepts and delightful drawings. I was a little surprised that Toni wasn't in a Superhero costume the whole time, yet found that likely to encourage kids to connect with him on a more personal level. I love that Toni is a POC, as there are too many books, movies, images, etc. where a black person is a person of poverty, or a gang banger (not that children would necessarily be exposed to some of these images), or there just isn't any character who is other than Caucasian. I do not know how it could be improved, but I look forward to future books from the author. I have actually already purchased and read this short, delightful book.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 7:55 pm by Kat Berg.

Kendra M Parker

Since this was the book of the month, I was looking forward to reading this book. This looks like a great book to share with my son (5), who loves superheroes and is anxious to start reading. As I read the sample, I quickly fell in love with Toni, and I am definitely going to read this book with my son. The words are the right length and the message is a great one to share with my kid. He will love trying to read this book. I did not find any errors and the artwork is certainly appropriate for the book. The official review confirmed for me that this was going to be a good book for my kid.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 9:14 pm by Kendra M Parker.

ladycraic

I enjoy reading children's books so I would have chosen to sample Toni the Superhero apart from First Ten. The blurb made me more excited to meet Toni the Superhero - I found it cool how children would be able to relate to him. There turned out to be no sample, which is understandable seeing as this is a very short literary work in general - how much can you give away? The OBC reviews I read made up for the lack of sample. The way both reviewers described Toni captivated my interest. Due to Toni's ability to contribute beneficially to both society and his family, I think this book is terrific for younger readers. Toni the Superhero seems like a great role model. Since there is no Kindle version of the book out (much cheaper, haha), I will not be buying this book. However, I think my baby cousin would love it if ever this book was released to the Kindle Store.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 9:18 pm by ladycraic.

va2016

The title and the cover convey the theme of the book adequately. The Amazon summary is very concise and does not convey the key points of why someone should buy the book. There are around 60 customer Amazon reviews with an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5, which would make me comfortable in deciding to buy the book. But since this is a children's book, I would have skipped it, if not for the First Ten program. The sample provided by the 'Look inside' option in Amazon is just 2 pages, and could not tell much about the book. From the two pages, I noted that the illustrations are colorful and appealing. Other than that, there is nothing further to look into. I am not going to read this book in full because this is a children's book and it is not my genre. The sample did not contain any grammatical or mechanical errors. I liked the illustrations and I could not find anything that can be improved in the book. Although I found one OBC review that gave a 4 out of 4 stars rating for the book, my decision to not to read the book is based on my own sampling.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 10:26 pm by va2016.

Sahani Nimandra

Toni the Superhero by R. D. Base is a children's book that implants and stems the good values in a growing up kid (which I'm currently reviewing). The cover illustration is beautiful, and ideal to this read. The title is straightforward and defines this read.

Since this book focuses on kids, I say its kid-friendly. The beautiful illustration in each page, the sentence formation and structure certainly knows how to help a kid to read. The author's work carefully implants and brings out the best in kids which I am sure parents would love to see in their kids. The OBC official review was an excellent review, it was designed in a way that gave away what this read was all about. There weren't any hindrances while reading. Since I am currently reviewing this book I know I can give a good mark that is well deserved to this helpful read.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 11:30 pm by Sahani Nimandra.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample I would not have read the book. I do not read children’s books. After reading the sample, I have changed my mind and were I to read a book to a child, this would definitely be on my mind. I liked how the book was very interactive, and that the main character was doing mundane things like washing the dishes or playing with other children. It meant the book was very relatable. It was professionally edited. I read the official review and it made me want to read the book more.

First Ten review added on July 7, 2018, at 11:48 pm by psychopathycathy.

micoleon13

While this is a colourful cover page which would attract a child's attention, this is not a book that I personally would choose. The OnlineBookClub review was very complementary and outlined a story that thought would be good for children, especially with the helpful and useful aspects of the main character. For some reason I couldn't access the sample of the book to read. Going from the review it is well written and edited with a strong storyline that can be embellished on and made more interactive by the reader. As I have no children this is not a book that I would choose. I have no ideas for improvement.

First Ten review added on July 8, 2018, at 12:03 am by micoleon13.

Vickie Noel

I love children's books and would have gone through it outside the program. The book is very short and targeted towards helping children become confident in reading. This is a huge plus because proper reading should start from a child's foundation. The few discrepancies I observed were with the drawings. For example, when Toni was on the track to run, his head and body weren't aligned in the runner's stance. Yet, most children wouldn't notice that so it's pretty insignificant. There were no word errors since the book is so short and easy. I would have preferred it to be a bit more interactive but bearing in mind the target audience and the set goal to achieve with them, the book is quite sufficient. The OBC review was available but I already opted to read the book before seeing the review.

First Ten review added on July 8, 2018, at 1:42 am by Vickie Noel.

cristinaro

I would not have read this book if it had not been for the first ten program and the OBC community in general. R.D. Base's book is July BOTM and I like to get engaged in the interesting debates on the online forum. This is the reason why I have chosen to download the book and even write a review about it. At the time, I was impressed by the overwhelming number of 4-star reviews of the OBC members. Similarly, 96% of the Amazon customer reviews give the book a 4 or 5-star rating. To be honest, the book did not rise up to my expectations. The idea is that little Tony is a kid who likes doing ordinary things when he is not busy saving the world. I appreciate the originality of the idea, but a book for children should be much more than that. There are practically 14 activities Tony likes doing. The repetive patterns show no organization on types of activities or the introduction of any other element which could have made the book more interactive. However, the illustrations are great. I only wish the font of the letters in the repetitive patterns were different for kids to get used to the letters. There are no spelling/grammar mistakes. If I had read the praising OBC review first, I would have definitely chosen the book.

First Ten review added on July 8, 2018, at 2:14 am by cristinaro.

Tiny_Turtle

The cover and title are adorable. I love the bright colors. The premise of a child sized Superhero encouraging children to be helpful around the house is a wonderful idea. I like a Superhero who participates in regular activities.

All of the reviews I read, including the Official OnlineBookClub review, were very positive. Even without the First 10 program, I would have sampled the inside of the book, if one was offered.

I was a little surprised that the book wasn't offered in the Kindle format. That would be my only suggestion for improvement. I can see the appeal in wanting children to have a physical book. There is nothing that compares to the feel, and smell, of an actual bound book. Yet, in todays' society, there are quite a few children of all ages, including toddlers, who have tablets.

My granddaughter is nine, and she carries her Kindle Fire with her almost everywhere. It has a protective case and a special "purse" that is covered in iridescent sequins, like a mermaids tail. She has many books, both physical and Kindle. I asked her which she liked better. She likes both. She wants physical books at home and Kindle books to take with her. "That way they don't get messed up." She thought it was odd that I didn't already understand how that worked. "You taught me that, Memaw." I loved hearing that.

It was slightly difficult for me to make an informed decision on whether or not to buy the book, as the only things I had to judge the book by were: the front and back covers; and other peoples' opinions.

I am wondering about the age level the book is meant for. Most of the reviews say that it is intended for young children just learning to read. I am inclined to agree, yet at least one reviewer thought there were a few words that were a little too advanced for beginners. The back cover is clearly written in words appropriate for older children. At first, I thought maybe the back cover was directed towards the parents. But, that is only an assumption. Without seeing inside the book, I can't form my own opinion.

I cannot determine if the book was professionally edited. The back cover had no punctuation or grammar errors.

All I had access to, for this review, were the front and back covers. That was not enough to convince me to change my mind. I will not buy the book without seeing at least one page. At that price,
I want to see what I'm spending my money on. I will not be reading this book.

First Ten review added on July 8, 2018, at 2:20 am by Tiny_Turtle.

ritah

Based on the cover and genre, I wouldn't have sampled the book because I don't usually go for books in this genre unless I'm specifically looking for a children's book. I read the official review. On Amazon, Toni the Superhero by R.D Base seems to be only available in paperback format, therefore, I couldn't sample the book via Kindle. Because of the issue encountered, I can't comment on specifics, or if they're any noticeable errors within its pages. I won't be reading the book because I don't have an interest in children's books at the moment.

First Ten review added on July 8, 2018, at 2:27 pm by ritah.

MarisaRose

I don't have young children in my household, so 'Toni the Superhero' isn't a book I would think about purchasing. The OBC review didn't sway my opinion in this case because I don't typically read children's picture books, and I don't have an audience to read them to. After sampling the book, and ultimately reading the whole thing, I had some concerns about the book. First off, what I did like were the illustrations. I thought the illustrator did a great job of depicting the tasks Toni performs; further, the illustrations are bright and vibrant which will easily attract the attention of young audiences. On the other hand, what I didn't like as much was the actual story. There doesn't seem to be all that much of a story in this children's book. Toni is called a superhero but his powers consist of everyday tasks. Although there are some positive messages hidden in the narrative about helping out and being responsible, I think a lot of this book would have to be explained to a young audience; children wouldn't be able to come to these conclusions on their own based on the basic narrative and illustrations. I didn't notice any grammatical errors when reading this book, but I have to say it isn't a book I would purchase and read to my future children.

First Ten review added on July 8, 2018, at 6:12 pm by MarisaRose.

Sarah_Khan

I like the cover of this book. The title seems pretty average. I like the colorful illustrations and the fact that the superhero is a person of color. Unfortunately, I could not find a way to sample this book. The OBC reviews were favorable. I still would not read this book because I am not the intended audience and I do not have any kids to read this to.

First Ten review added on July 8, 2018, at 8:39 pm by Sarah_Khan.

RebeccasReading

This is not a book I would have normally read. It appears to be a children's book. This is something I don't have any need for. I was not able to get a sample of this book to read. On Amazon, the only option available is to purchase a paperback copy. I looked through Bookshelves as well, but only found the link for the Amazon purchase. I am not able to review this First Ten for this reason.

First Ten review added on July 8, 2018, at 9:35 pm by RebeccasReading.

Scerakor

From the cover, blurb, and reviews of this book, I probably wouldn't have read it. I'm very particular with the children's books that I buy, and this one didn't look like it had anything exceptional in it. Although I wasn't able to find a way to officially sample this book, the cover image, multiple different reviews from this site that I read, and another sample image or two that I was able to find on the internet, I didn't end up changing my mind. I did enjoy the colorful and creative illustrations that I was able to find, but this was not enough to make me change my mind. I will not be buying and reading the rest of this book, it does, however, look well written and edited. The official review did not affect my decision at all.

First Ten review added on July 8, 2018, at 10:35 pm by Scerakor.

daniya__shah3

The idea of a superhero who teaches children the importance of chores and how to do them makes this book an ideal children's fiction since it is not just entertaining but also educative in purpose. I liked the cover, it depicts how even books are a priority for a superhero, since he is a kid too. Since the sample is too short, I cannot judge the errors. The book seems to be decently illustrated as well, however, I think it is not for me. Therefore, I'll pass.

First Ten review added on July 9, 2018, at 1:01 am by daniya__shah3.

klwoodford

This is such a cute, colorful book. I love that the cover page hints at the various tasks that Toni undertakes, such as sweeping and reading. The book seems to have perfect grammar which is important given it is intended for small children. I appreciate how colorful the illustrations were, and that the author kept the sentences per page to a minimum. The language was simple and perfect for kids learning to read. I will not be finishing the book because my baby is currently too small to appreciate this book.

First Ten review added on July 9, 2018, at 1:27 am by klwoodford.

IsabelMay

I wouldn't have sampled the book on my own since I don't have any children around to read it to, but I probably wouldn't choose it anyway for two reasons. Firstly, the cover is all right, but not too catchy and secondly, the description reveals that the premise is rather cliché, I've seen many other stories like that. The reviews are extremely positive, but the story was a bit bland for me and I guess the child could only easily fall asleep when reading. I'm glad that the book doesn't revolve around special powers, but it teaches children that it's important to do everyday tasks and household chores and there's also time to play. There isn't a lot of text, but it seems to be edited. All in all, it's nothing special and as I mentioned earlier, I don't have anyone to buy it for so I won't be buying the book.

First Ten review added on July 9, 2018, at 2:17 am by IsabelMay.

anneloretrujillo

I would have sampled this book based on the genre, blurb, and OBC review. I sometimes will buy children's books for my God-children, and this one seemed like one they would like. I liked the idea of a superhero doing everyday things. After reading the sample, I won't be buying this book. I didn't feel like the sample really gave a good idea of what the book was about. It was only a page long, and it seemed like it was more of a summary than part of the book. I would have liked to see more of the book to see if the style was something I'd enjoy and if the pictures were good. I liked the premise, but I wasn't persuaded to buy the book. It did seem to be professionally edited from what I saw.

First Ten review added on July 9, 2018, at 2:29 am by anneloretrujillo.

ButterscotchCherrie

I wouldn't have sampled this book without the program as I am not in the target market. I won't buy it today on the basis of the first ten pages for the same reason - I don't currently have any family members in the target age range. The book looks professionally edited and presented as I spotted no errors in the sample. As I have seen an official OnlineBookClub review and dozens of volunteer reviews of this tome, I know that it contains a positive message. On the basis of the sample, I liked the illustrations best because they are colourful and above all detailed - one could discuss the names of the fruits depicted on the cover with a child aged up to 4, for example. Nothing needs to be improved in the part that I saw and the book is well-rated overall. I would consider buying it for a child in the target age range or recommend it as library stock.

First Ten review added on July 9, 2018, at 4:00 am by ButterscotchCherrie.

briellejee

I am a volunteer teacher in teaching kids how to read and I have been looking for the perfect book to help them and this is it! The cover illustration and the title are interesting enough for me to buy this without second thoughts. I will definitely try and find a way to purchase this. Reading the sample amazed me especially the colorful and wonderful illustrations in it. I think the color is great for children's eyes and that the story line is not at all complicated for kids to understand. Tony is a relatable character for kids especially to the ones who are more exposed to doing the chores, and as a teacher, it makes my job a bit easier to teach them something they can relate to, it improves their comprehension. I did not find any errors in the book and the official OBC review helped in deciding whether the book is as good as its cover.

First Ten review added on July 9, 2018, at 4:49 am by briellejee.

Total ~ 37%

Toni the Superhero earned a score of 37%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 37% plan to read the whole book.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

Go to main Bookshelves page for Toni the Superhero