Cover for If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's

The First Ten Feedback for If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's

Because If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable. This is because we only poll about 20 or so readers, and all readers have to say "no" to almost all books. Over a million books are published each year. Even a very active reader cannot come close to even reading 1% of books out there.

This is also why publishing books is such a tough industry.

gali

I would not have sampled this book on my own, as I don't read self-help books. I don't believe in self-help books, so reading the sample didn't change my mind about reading it. The title is very grabbing and made me smile. The book advises how to achieve success, a laudable goal. I liked the positive approach of the author and the way he placed the facts between each section. It certainly added to the book. However, it does not really stand out from other of its kinds. I won't read the book as it isn't applicable to me. The official review didn't sway my decision either way.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 9:04 am by gali.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

Christina O Phillips

The title is cute and the cover is simple. The sample made me feel like I should read the book because of the lessons it says the book has. Without this program, I would have read the sample. There were no errors that I noticed. I don't normally read self help books, but I like the conversational tone of this one and its organization. It is not dry nor preachy. I felt that I could actually get something out of the book if I read more.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 11:08 am by Christina O Phillips.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

cpru68

The title certainly is unique and probably has and will do a good job of drawing readers right in. I thoroughly enjoyed the writing style of the sample pages. A little tough love with humor was a nice touch. Having the reader initial the end of each section was also a nice addition because it’s a reminder that the reader is committing to his or her own life. I have read and watched many Bob Proctor books and videos along with Napoleon Hill. This book has that flair to it. I found throughout the pages the emphasis to be grateful because gratitude will propel us to what we desire. The author pulls no punches in expressing the fact that we are responsible for the outcome of our lives whether good or bad. I found no errors whatsoever in the sample pages, and this book seems to be well thought out. I will keep it in mind for a future reading.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 11:36 am by cpru68.

MsTri

Even though I'm not so keen on the cover, I love the title of this tome. Still, I could tell that it's a self-help book, so that immediately turned me off. Neither the synopsis nor the review (I only read the OBC one) changed my mind. The sample wasn't bad though. I have no suggestions for changes because it seems to be professionally edited and lays out a good plan for those looking for such help. My favorite thing about this book is that it has "Interesting Facts" sprinkled throughout it, which succinctly sum up the points made just before them. In particular, I liked the part in Chapter Three where the author paints a parallel between life and the fine arts, including music, painting, and literature; I love all of the above (and am, in fact, in a band, and I do compose music), so the analogy really worked in putting that particular point across. Even so, I still will not be finishing this book.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 11:43 am by MsTri.

Yolimari

I would have sampled this book on my own because I like reading self-help and uplifting books about success. The OBC review almost convinced me to read the book because the reviewer indicated that the author talks about the importance of work and acknowledges that people give different meanings to success. After I read the sample pages, I thought the book was professionally edited. I liked the author’s tough-love approach. I liked that he says many people do not achieve their potential because they live with a victim mentality. Even though I liked the book, I will not read it because I have read several self-help books lately and I am looking to read something different.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 12:30 pm by Yolimari.

ZenaLei7

After reading the first ten pages, I decided not to finish reading the book. While reading the sample, a few tidbits were interesting, but overall nothing popped out at me. I do like the interesting facts that the author gives and I also like how the chapters are short. I do like the book cover and title so if I were to sample the book based on just the cover and title, I probably would have chosen to sample it because they both look interesting. While reading the sample, I didn't notice any grammatical errors either. I also read the official OBC review for this book which was helpful in solidifying my decision on taking a pass on this book. There isn't anything I would change anything about this book.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 12:31 pm by ZenaLei7.

KristyKhem

The humorous title is the main thing on the cover of this book. Based on the blurb and ratings on Amazon, I would select this book to read if I were going through a bad patch in my life. However, after I read the sample, I did not think I learned anything new. A lot of motivational self-help books that I have read speak about the same concepts like crafting ‘The new you,” and working smarter rather than harder. I even came across the “osmosis by association,” concept in another book. Therefore I would not buy this book. Despite this, I liked the format of this book; the text was broken up with interesting facts. There was also space for the reader to write his initials as the author encouraged the reader to take action. I spotted one error in the following; “Potential just means is that they possess the ability…” This line should not contain the word, ‘is.’ Other than this, it seemed professionally edited.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 12:36 pm by KristyKhem.

desantismt_17

This book’s title snagged my attention immediately. I don’t usually read “self-help” books, and this one’s description looked like ones I’ve seen on similar books. Still, the title had me. Before sampling. I thought about reading. After sampling, I’ve decided to read. The voice is spectacular. I was hooked from the first sentence, seeing myself in the “yeah, but” situation right away. I love the unofficial contract the author wants the readers to initial. Who knows how accountable it would actually keep people, but it’s a super idea. That alone made me want to read the rest. The continuation of the amusing, but informative voice, didn’t hurt. The book appears professionally edited. I noticed no errors. The OnlineBookClub.org review offered a look at the book’s breakdown, which made me want to read this even more.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 12:40 pm by desantismt_17.

Shelle

This book looked interesting and I was grateful for the BOTD program for bringing it to my attention as I likely wouldn't have known about it otherwise. The premise is great - changing your attitude and habits to achieve success, but the author seems to have a very narrow definition of the word success and the sample did not indicate how this definition was applicable to a wider audience. Also, the huge, glaring typo on the cover made me want to stop reading. The word BUT'S is misused. It is neither possessive nor a contraction of BUT and IS and the apostrophe is inappropriate and distracting. Clearly a professional editor was not employed for this project. For these reasons, I will not be continuing with this book.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 12:50 pm by Shelle.

SamSim

Prior to reading the first 10 pages, based on the Amazon page, I had no interest in reading this book. I was amused by the title, but the blurb really turned me off. First of all, the overuse of capitalization for emphasis is obnoxious and reminded me of an infomercial. Not only that, but the blurb is poorly edited. For example: ... so you can achieve "MORE". Why is MORE in quotes? If it is meant to convey emphasis, then the caps or perhaps underlining does the job. Putting the word in quotes makes it read as dubious, like it's not true. (Imagine if finger-quotes were used when reading it aloud.) This occurs more than once in the blurb. Additionally, the word "principals" is used instead of "principles." Principals run a school. Principles guide our choices in life. These errors make me immediately question the quality of the book and the credibility of the author, although I don't know who wrote the blurb. Finally, there are only 2 customer reviews and, although they are very positive, they aren't very detailed or informative, which makes me suspect the reviewers might just know the author and did him a favor. Nothing about the representation on the Amazon page makes me want to read the book. My opinion of the book improved almost as soon as I started to read the sample. I appreciate the author's straightforward approach that doesn't patronize the reader. I agree with everything the author puts forth in the sample and I think these are ideas that need to be spread: We need to take responsibility for our choices in life, we need to surround ourselves with positive influences, we need to work hard and stop making excuses, we should look at our mistakes and failures as opportunities and stop comparing ourselves to others, etc. The book has been professionally edited (far better than the blurb, which doesn't do it justice), but I did find some errors. For example, "Potential just means is that they possess the ability ..." The word "is" should be removed from that sentence. There are also misused commas, i.e. "These external influences will ... create an effect on you whether you know it, or not." There were also a couple of instances of quotes that were closed too soon or not closed at all. There is an official Online Book Club review for this book, which I read, and it did reinforce my overall positive opinion of the message of this book and its apparent quality. I will not be buying the book today because, although I completely agree with its useful, constructive message, these beliefs and ideas are not new to me. If it was $1 or less, I would buy it because I appreciate the practicality of it and it inspires me by reinforcing what I already believe. However, since these are concepts that my life has already taught me, I don't feel the need to spend $3 on it. I would recommend it to others else who tend to think of themselves as victims, though.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 12:56 pm by SamSim.

ritah

I like the clever title. I don't usually read self-help books, thus I wouldn't have sampled the book based on the genre and category. I read the official review and then sampled the book. I appreciated the author's conversational tone and approach - it made reading the book engaging. However, I don't feel as though the book is for me based on its content and category, which is why I won't be reading the rest of it. The book appears to be professionally edited as I did not spot any errors in the pages I read.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 1:00 pm by ritah.

melissy370

One look at the title and I would walk away from the book. The play on words is not to my taste. Paired with that is also my distrust of any self-help book that doesn't mention God. However, the sample did change my mind and I realize it is not your typical "how to" book. I liked how the author uses tough love and he has the reader initial in certain places like with a contract. I agree that integrity and good character is important to success and thought it was great that the author put that tidbit in. Prayer and meditation was mentioned, and although it was brief, it has made me wish to finish reading the book. There were no errors in the sample.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 2:46 pm by melissy370.

kfwilson6

I absolutely love the title; it completely drew me in. Although I will go for self-help books from time to time, I don't typically enjoy the success/career related ones. Although I can admit their practicality, I just can't get interested enough. I would pass on this book before and after sampling. The first couple of chapters were so dry and I was wondering when the practical advice would start. There are a lot of overused sayings that just take up space and don't add any depth to the content. I did like the interesting facts blurbs scattered throughout the text. I think that is a good way to draw attention to some more important information. The writing is good; it is just not a topic of interest to me. I only noted one mistake, an extra word that was out of place.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 2:48 pm by kfwilson6.

Sarah_Khan

I like the cover and title of this book. They draw the eye and make you want to find out more. The OBC review was favorable and states that the tough love way of this book is what makes it unique. The first ten pages were professionally edited. I liked that the writing style was relaxed, as if the author was talking to his friends. Unfortunately, I do not see what makes this book different than the thousands of other self-help books on the market. Therefore, I do not intend to read the rest.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 2:53 pm by Sarah_Khan.

Kendra M Parker

I found the title of this one fun and it did make me want to look a little closer at the book. I’m not sure I would have done much more than look at the blurb, though, since I don’t usually choose self-help books to read. As I read the sample, though, I found myself really liking the author's voice. He tells it like it is and he’s not afraid to offend people, even pointing out that being offended by some of these things should be a warning sign. I’ll be honest that even though I read this bit and liked it, I probably still would not likely choose to read this if it was not for the fact that it will be the book of the month later this year. Since it will be the book of the month, I will go ahead and read this one. I did read the official review, but I did not see much in it to change my initial opinion of the book. I also felt that the writing in the sample was clean and well-edited.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 3:00 pm by Kendra M Parker.

ladycraic

Though I find the cover of If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts visibly appealing, I would not have chosen to sample this book apart from First Ten. I'm not the biggest fan of self-help books - I guess I don't see myself at that stage where I need a personal "cheerleader" or someone to push me towards my goals. I generally end up liking most self-help books I come across, but I usually don't make the first move. The blurb didn't stir my interest nor did it fan the flame. It reminded me of a generic outline for any self-help book. Again, as someone not personally interested in such encouragement right now, I wasn't moved. The official OBC review did hype me up for the sample. The idea of an author who served the truth as it was seemed very appealing and the sample affirmed it. I really liked Wdowiak's straight-to-business writing style. I can totally see how other readers felt convicted! Though I don't see a need for this book now, I will keep this on my Want to Read shelf for a later time when such need arises.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 3:05 pm by ladycraic.

Kat Berg

One of the things that I appreciate about this book can be summed up in this quote: "simply working harder does not always mean you’ll get positive results in your life. I have been there and done that, and it is demoralizing." (loc. 94) Most books of this kind are of the "work smarter" genre. This does not seem to be. I will note that in the paragraph before this there is an awkwardly worded sentence ("Personal just means is that they..." doesn't really makes sense.) But in spite of this, the book looks professionally edited. I probably would have picked up this book based on the title, just to see if it is as obnoxious as the title sounds. The main thing I think that could be done to make this book better is to fix the previously noted sentence. I do plan on reading the rest of the book. I did read the official OBC review, and that was a big part of the decision to get the book. It assures me that I will probably appreciate what is coming down the pike as well as the first 10 pages.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 3:26 pm by Kat Berg.

cristinaro

Without the first ten program, I would never have given this book a second thought. I like the cover, but not the title, although I understood the author's intention to catch the reader's interest. I am not a reader of motivational books in general. I do not think this book is going to be an exception especially considering the aggressive marketing strategy used in the Amazon blurb. Besides, there were no editorial reviews and only 2 customer reviews. What is more, I could not find any information on the author. I guess I am simply in no mood for the light tone of the book because I did not see the purpose of calling the book "a no-nosense guide to happiness and success." I usually enjoy the informal, conversational language used by an author. In this case, I found the rhetorical questions in the preface too intrusive and offensive. I do agree with the author that we need to open up to new and alternative ways of thinking. I also appreciate the fact that the book is based on his life experience. I like that he admits using all means to provoke and challenge us to change our lives for the better. However, I soon got bored reading all the motivational messages in the first three chapters. Although professionally edited, this book is definitely not for me. I loved the detailed OBC review of the book, but it did not make me change my mind about reading it.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 3:51 pm by cristinaro.

lavellan

I probably would have read If life stinks get your head outta your buts even if it had not been a part of The First Ten program. The Book of the Day review was positive and the title was catchy. The book seemed like it was professionally edited, but I noticed one error while reading. Is was unnecessarily used in the following phrase: "Potential just means is that.." I enjoyed the author's no-nonsense approach to success. The initial here included after each chapter was a little distracting and redundant. I probably will not buy the book today because I'm not a big fan of self-help books.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 3:52 pm by lavellan.

Snowflake

I’m not so sure about the title. It definitely catches attention but I was inclined to dismiss it, to not take it seriously. The cover graphics appear quite professional and do a good job reflecting the intent of the book. I did not really like the Amazon blurb. It was too long and all the capitalized words really get on my nerves. I prefer a short and concise blurb that gives an idea of what the book is about and a flavour of the style. Based on the title and the blurb, I probably would not have sampled this book without the first ten pages program. Once I read the sample, I was very impressed. The book is clearly laid out; the intentions of the author and the intent of the book are also quite clear. The style is very straightforward and no-nonsense, but the text is also honest and very helpful. I could feel my body relaxing as I read it. I liked the point about everyone already having what they need to find success in their lives. I’m sure I already have the information in my life that I need to become more successful, however, I think this is a very helpful book that will allow readers to put the tools they already have to good use. I plan to purchase and read the rest of this book.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 4:39 pm by Snowflake.

CrescentMoon

After reading the blurb, I don't think I would pick this book up because I don't typically read nonfiction or self help books, but I like that it's advertised as a no nonsense book because I find that more motivating than endless positivity. After reading the first ten pages, I didn't see any spelling or grammar errors. I really like the straightforward and direct writing style of the author. I feel like I'm talking to a friend when reading and I like how he lays his tips out there. I like the interesting facts tidbits and how he transitions from those and elaborates further on what he wants to say. I think many people could benefit from reading this book, but I'm not the target audience for this, so I don't think I'll be reading the rest.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 5:58 pm by CrescentMoon.

micoleon13

While this is an interesting and eye catching cover page, I don't enjoy reading self help books, so I would not choose this book. The OnlineBookClub review was complementary and outlined a self help book with a difference. It was more of a tough love themed book. While this idea appealed to me, it wasn't enough to change my mind. The pages which I read were well written and edited and the writing style is blunt and easy to read without the emotive language sometimes found in self help books. However, this is still not a book which I will continue to read. I have no ideas for improvement.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 6:58 pm by micoleon13.

JuliaKay

The title is fun and unique, and the cover is nice looking; I like this genre as well, especially when it seems as though there is something new offered. Based on the blurb and reviews that I saw, I would probably choose to read this book because they're favorable. Reading the first ten pages kind of seemed like it was mostly an introduction and explanation of what to expect further on in the book; it was interesting and captured my attention, but I think it was a slow start. My impression is pretty much the same, although I do like the author's writing style and show of personality. I would probably read this whole book. It does seem to be professionally edited. The only thing that I would change was the somewhat slow start; I think the introduction was longer than it needed to be. I like the words that the author chooses to use and the idea of a tough love approach. I will not buy the book today, but I will put it on my list and read it in the future.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 7:44 pm by JuliaKay.

BunnySTx

After reading a sample of, If Life Stinks Get Your Head Outta Your Buts by Mark L. Wdowiak, I have decided I will not be purchasing this book. When I first saw the cover and title of this book I did not think it would be for me. I could tell from the title, that this was a self-help book. I do not typically read books in this genre. If I had not read a sample of this book, I would not have picked it up. As I read a few pages, I find I like how the author writes this book. The author writes it like they are having a conversation with the reader. When the cover says "no-nonsense" the author means it. As I read, I can easily say I get this from the author. I think that this style of approach will benefit both the author and the reader. Based on what I have read this book appears to be professionally edited. This book does have an official OnlineBookClub review. The reviewer speaks highly of this book. They point out the positives and the assertiveness of the author. I think that this will be beneficial for those who choose to read this book. While I do feel self-help books are not for me, I will be passing on this book. I will not be purchasing it or putting it on my to-be-read shelf.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 8:11 pm by BunnySTx.

Scerakor

From the cover, blurb, and review of this book, I wouldn’t have read it simply because I don’t read self-help books usually. After reading the first ten pages, I didn’t change my mind. I particularly appreciated the approach that this book stated within the first ten pages that it was going to take. Although I don’t like self-help books, the first chapter of this book essentially stated that it is going to be straightforward, brutally honest, and put the nexus of responsibility directly in the lap of the reader. I like that this isn’t taking a fluffy, touchy, feely kind of approach that these books usually take. Despite the praise above, I do not read self-help books usually and therefore will not be buying and reading the rest of this book. There was nothing, however, that I saw within the first ten pages that I would have wanted to change. The official review did not affect my decision at all.

First Ten review added on June 6, 2018, at 10:11 pm by Scerakor.

Bluecobia

This looks and sounds like a self help book. The amazon and book club reviews support this thouht. I have read many of these over the years and probably would not have read further if I were not part of this program. Reading the first ten pages I saw a lot of thoughts that I have read and tried before. I can see that the author is packaging them differently and this might help some readers. I did not see enough new to me in the first ten pages to cause me to want to read this book. I did not see any editorial errors in the first ten pages so I presume that it was professionally edited.

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 12:03 am by Bluecobia.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample, I would not have read the book. I do not really read self-help books. After reading the sample, I have not changed my mind. I really liked the third chapter "Remove Your Blindfold," and how it talked about several of my interests like literature or painting. I think it would be easier to connect with the book, however, if there were more analogies or anecdotes about each lesson, so it feels less like the book is preaching AT the reader. It was professionally edited. I did not read the official review but that did not affect my decision.

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 1:03 am by psychopathycathy.

Momiji1987

I really like the author’s no nonsense attitude and honesty. He has experience overcoming challenges and cares about helping you do so as well. I really feel like I will benefit from the lessons he teaches. I like that he provides fun facts with an overall theme such as “you won’t change if you keep doing the same things” and how he explains that being stuck in a rut is caused by you and you alone. I also would love to know how to work smart instead of hard. There are some minor errors. I noticed an extra word in a sentence in chapter one. I don’t think it will bother me too much, but fixing these errors will make his book a lot more professional. He has a lot of wisdom and I like his clever title as well. I love self-help books so I’m really excited to be reading and reviewing this one. What I’ve read so far is very promising and definitely something I would look for in a book if I were searching for this genre. Even though the review was positive and reaffirmed my decision to read this book, I had already realized I wanted to read it before viewing the review. This book is right up my alley so I think it’s an excellent choice for the club to focus on.

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 3:47 am by Momiji1987.

Vermont Reviews

This one seemed to be too much like all the other self-help books. After reading the preview I decided not to purchase the book.

I would not have purchased the book based on the title, cover or preview.

I will not be finishing the whole book of the day today.

The book appears to have been professionally edited.

Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 4:44 am by Vermont Reviews.

meadhbh

I generally do not read self-help books, so based on the blurb and reviews of this book I felt it was not for me, although the title is fun. Reading the first ten pages did not change my mind. There was nothing particularly interesting or distinctive about the first ten pages, as they largely covered the author's reasoning for writing the book and the inspiration behind it. There was nothing that made it stand out from the large number of other self-help books on the market. It seemed well-edited though, and I'm sure it would appeal to people who have an interest in self-help books, but I will not be reading it.

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 7:24 am by meadhbh.

briellejee

The title itself caught my eye and I swore to myself that I would get ahold of this book no matter what. The title screams wittiness and a bit of humor. The reason I don't like self-help books is because a lot of them have cliche and boring titles that wouldn't get my interest. It is always the same, "Be Successful" or "10 Ways to Reach Your Dreams", but this one is like a breath of fresh air. Thus, the reason why I'm going to buy this and finish reading it, other than the fact that I really need this right now. The first few pages had me hooked already. From the preface to chapter one to chapter two, the way the author addresses the reader is impeccable. It hits the sore spot of someone's ego. What I liked about this was the straight-forward, outspoken style of writing. It inspires but at the same time it doesn't cuddle you with words like, "It's not your fault", "Take a deep breath". It challenges you to accept that sometimes it is your fault. I also liked the "Interesting Fact" section in every chapter. I think there is nothing I could recommend to improve this further. The sarcasm and frankness made it more relatable and likable. This is by far the best self-help book I have encountered, with no errors too. I have found an official OBC review and it helped me in realizing that this book wouldn't disappoint me.

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 7:37 am by briellejee.

DancingLady

I thought this book looked funny even though I’m not into self-help at all. The review alerted me to the author’s perspective, which is very different from mine. In reading the first 10 pages, I can tell the author is a good writer and the book was well edited. However, my worldview is completely different from that of the author, so the advice is more irritating than anything else since he advises the reader to be open minded to other views, which is the opposite of what the Bible says. I don’t want to read more of this book because I know my life could never stink if I keep pressing into Jesus.

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 9:37 am by DancingLady.

bookowlie

I probably wouldn't have sampled this book on my own because I don't care for self-help, motivational books. The cover is certainly eye-catching with the different sized fonts in the title and the geometric artwork. The Amazon blurb appears to be edited well. However, it has a slightly juvenile feel with too many words in all capital letters. Much of the summary seems more like excessive marketing rather than giving detailed info about the content. The sample is well written and the author has a nice, conversational writing style. I particularly liked the insertion of "Interesting Facts" to break up the narrative. His use of the arts (music, painting, literature) as an example was also interesting. That being said, I am not interested in reading the rest of the book as self-help books are not my cup of tea.

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 11:03 am by bookowlie.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I would not have read it. I usually read pure romance books. Further, I did not like how informal the title was. While the cover caught my eye (specially because of its white background), it told me nothing about the content of the book. Having sampled the book, I liked how the preface began with an appropriate quote. The quote impressed me and made me interested in the book. Further, I liked how the author tries to connect with the reader in the first chapter. He tells the reader what to expect from the book, why it may or may not be for them and tells them his own story. I found it very unique and interesting how the author asks the reader to put their initials at the end of each chapter, to hold themselves accountable. I found no major issues with the book. The book seems professionally edited. Since I liked the author's writing style, I think I will buy the book today.

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 12:20 pm by AA1495.

bb587

The word-play in the title caught my attentional, but I'm not currently interested in self-help. After reading the beginning, I don't think I will be reading the rest of this book. I didn't like the feeling of being shouted at, and I didn't like the continued reference to "this book," even as we progressed past the introduction. I did not find any editorial mistakes.

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 2:48 pm by bb587.

RebeccasReading

This is not a book I would have normally read. I don't typically read self-help/inspirational books. After reading the sample, my opinion is the same. I did enjoy the clever pun in the title. I also thought the author's enthusiasm jumped off the page. However, I would recommend that the author organize his thoughts a little more clearly--maybe with more headers? I found some parts of the sample a little hard to keep straight because it jumped around a bit. The book seems to be professionally edited, though the official description on Amazon did not seem to be. It used abbreviations such as "thru", which made me worry the entire book would be unedited.

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 3:11 pm by RebeccasReading.

ccrews0408

Based on the genre, had I not read the first 10 pages, I would not have read this book. I do like the tough approach the author took with turning one's life around; however, I still feel like I'm doing ok in life on my own. Now that I have read the first 10 pages, I still don't plan on reading this book. The beginning was well-written and entertaining. I definitely think many people will benefit from this book. I only noticed one sentence fragment and there was an official OnlineBookClub review.

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 5:11 pm by ccrews0408.

MarisaRose

I don’t typically care for any type of self-help book, so this one definitely didn’t appeal to me after reading the blurb. I wouldn’t purchase this book blindly based on its genre alone. The OBC review was extremely positive and made it sound like this book wasn’t at all like those typically found in the genre. Although I was intrigued by the reviewer’s comments, I still hesitated to buy this book because I didn’t think I’d enjoy the content. After sampling the first ten pages, I could see where the OBC reviewer was coming from. The author does a great job writing in a tone that is authoritative but also humorous. Further, some of the advice seemed to be framed in a unique manner, with a focus on positivity, with I enjoyed. Additionally, the narrative appears to be well written; I didn’t notice any grammatical errors in the sample. Although I enjoyed certain aspects of the sample, I still found it easy to stop reading this one and move on to something else. Ultimately, I am not a fan of self-help books, and this one didn’t change my opinion. I don’t plan to read any more of this book.

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 8:26 pm by MarisaRose.

britt13

I was not really interested in reading this book prior to reading the first ten pages. I do not usually like self-help books. I really enjoyed the bit I read though! It seemed well edited and has a wonderful flow. The humor was also much appreciated. It had sentences that slapped me in the face such as, "Unrealized potential is a form of self-denial." I was very impressed with what I read. I will not be buying it today but I am putting it on my list for down the road reading!

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 10:37 pm by britt13.

L_Therese

At first glance, this would not be a book that I would choose to purchase. Although I do admire the cover art, the title indicates a genre in which I'm not currently interested. Plus, the title, although clever, doesn't seem well put together for me - particularly the singular "Head" and the play on "But's" to pluralize it. The blunt tone of the first ten pages left a positive impression on me, and I noted no grammatical errors, but the point stands that I only rarely read this kind of book recreationally, and I would not purchase it at this time.

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 11:16 pm by L_Therese.

anneloretrujillo

I would not have sampled this book without this program. I thought the title was clever, but I don't usually read non-fiction books. The blurb and OBC review would not have convinced me to read the sample for this self-help book. After reading the first ten pages, I won't be finishing this book because it didn't motivate me the way it is intended to. I did like the "interesting fact" sections the author included. I also liked the author's style. I kind of chuckled when the author would use one word then correct it with a nicer word. There isn't anything specific that I didn't like; it just isn't my type of book. It did seem to be professionally edited.

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 11:24 pm by anneloretrujillo.

va2016

The title and the cover are very much indicative of the theme of the book. I could figure out that this is a book that guides the readers to be more effective and successful, and the ways to go about it. Self-help books are usually not my genre, so I would have skipped the book if I didn't come across this book in the First Ten program. As I sampled through the book, I found the author's arguments compelling on how to go about being successful but at the same time, I found the narration very wordy and eventually it got boring, and could not make progress reading the book. I am not going to read this book in full because the book didn't create an impact on me to read it further. I found the book to be professionally edited, and I didn't find any mechanical or grammatical errors. What I liked about the book is its topic of trying to make people successful. I would suggest that the narration is made more crisp as an improvement, so that readers are attracted towards the book. I found an OBC review of the book, but my decision to skip the book is made based on my own sampling.

First Ten review added on June 7, 2018, at 11:40 pm by va2016.

Vickie Noel

What a powerful book! It's exactly what I need! And to think that I would simply have waltzed in the opposite direction if not for the First Ten. The title, of course, is cliche of self help books, and the cover page isn't exactly eye-catching to me. However, I did a complete 360 when I started reading the sample. As a matter of fact, the change of heart started with the review. I loved the tough love approach the author employed; works for me since I consider myself to have a thick skin when facts need to be faced. I want to remember his words when he said, "...over thinking it can lead to paralysis by analysis." That bit hit home. The grammatical error in this sentence, "Potential just means is that they possess the ability..." isn't enough to water down the professionalism in the editor's work with this book. There are absolutely no complaints on this one. A copy for me, paperback if possible, is next on my agenda.

First Ten review added on June 8, 2018, at 12:45 am by Vickie Noel.

IsabelMay

I'm surprised by how so many people (especially writers) still don't know that writing words in capital letters is considered impolite because it seemes to the reader like someone is yelling at them. The summary contains quite a lot of words written in this fashion, which is incredibly unprofessional, so my opinion of the book was immediately low, even before sampling. If I wrote this short review in capital letters, it wouldn't be pleasant to read, would it? As for the sample, I liked that it was edited and the formatting was great, very clean, which made the book easier to read. The content itself was no different from the content in many other self-help books, even though I see no point to it as all the things written in the sample were just common sense. There was nothing new and intriguing that could actually help someone. Therefore, despite good reviews, I won't buy the book today.

First Ten review added on June 8, 2018, at 1:05 am by IsabelMay.

ViziVoir

It's unlikely I would have sampled this book on my own, and I won't be reading it in its entirety, simply because I don't read self-help books. However, this one seems professionally edited, and I love the conversational tone. It seems like the subject matter is solid as well, and I like the emphasis on mindfully choosing who and what your influences are, as well as not making excuses for your situation. The official review is quite positive, too, suggesting the rest of the book is just as engaging. Ultimately, this just isn't my preferred genre. However, it's certainly a memorable self-help book that I'm likely to recommend to anyone who happens to be in need of one.

First Ten review added on June 8, 2018, at 1:47 am by ViziVoir.

hsimone

If it wasn't for this program, I would not have sampled this book. The cover is fairly bland, the title isn't very appealing to me, and I don't tend to read motivational books. The blurb seems to give a good idea of what the book will be about, however, I am not a fan of capitalizing whole words; this feels too much like the text is screaming at me. The high ratings, including the OBC one, are nice to see, but they don't affect my opinion of the book. Based on what I read, the book does seem to be edited well. The author seems passionate in the way he portrays his thoughts about bettering one's life. Also, the 'Interesting Facts' the author includes are indeed intriguing. However, I found the author's tone of voice harsh and pushy. Due to this and I don't typically read motivational books, I do not plan on buying and reading the rest of the book.

First Ten review added on June 8, 2018, at 4:03 am by hsimone.

Bianka Walter

Without the first ten program, I would not have picked up this book. I don't read self-help books, and this falls heavily into that genre. I felt like the sample was also generic in the sense of helping people reach their full potential. Aside from being very well edited, there was nothing else in the first ten pages that interested me. I also find the title awkward. I don't really know what the "But's" is trying to say. This is not a book that interests me at all.

First Ten review added on June 8, 2018, at 4:58 am by Bianka Walter.

JR Mercier

The title of If Like Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's had me in stitches. I was immediately interested. I love humour coupled with some harsh truths - don't sugarcoat it. Reading the first ten pages made me want the book even more. No typos and a fast-paced, direct style of writing cinched it. I was buying this book.

First Ten review added on June 8, 2018, at 5:01 am by JR Mercier.

ButterscotchCherrie

I might have sampled this because I have some interest in self-help books and find the title witty. I will buy it on the basis of the first ten pages because I would like to hear all of this author's messages. Also, the price seems reasonable. The book appears professionally edited because I noticed no typos. I liked what he says about failure best - that it's preparing me for the next chapter. The author deliberately set out to use a tone that wasn't sugar-coated, so while I find his tone a bit wearing at times (the instruction to initial the page gets my eyes rolling a bit, I have to say), it probably doesn't need to be improved as it's in keeping with the author's aims. I did see an OnlineBookClub review, which was particularly good and helped me to understand that this book is worth reading.

First Ten review added on June 8, 2018, at 6:05 am by ButterscotchCherrie.

jwalker73

While the title stands out and is somewhat amusing, I would not have chosen to sample this book. I am not a fan of self-help books as I do not feel the need to be more successful or happier with my life. The reviews, while positive, did not change my mind. I found the first ten pages were written with quite a conversational tone. This made the book feel less dry than many of the other self-help books I have sampled. The first ten provided an overview of how the author came to learn his way of thinking, introduced to him by a friend who was a successful businessman. The author also tries to personalise the content for the reader by providing places for the reader to insert their initials, acknowledging they understand what has been written. The book appears professionally edited. I do not intend to read the rest of the book due to my disinterest in self-help books.

First Ten review added on June 8, 2018, at 6:30 am by jwalker73.

lesler

Looking at the cover, I enjoy it's cleverness, and am curious what it's about. Reading the sample, I enjoyed it, but not enough to read the book. This book appears to be professionally edited, with no grammatical errors or typos that I noticed. I like the author's straightforward writing style. He made a good point that I needed to hear today: "sometimes our jealousy prevents us from seeking our own purpose." I did not like how repetitive this book already seems to be-although I get it. The reader needs to hear things more to get them, but this book is not for me.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2018, at 9:25 am by lesler.

Allyseria

I really like the simple book cover and funny title. It is something I would immediately pick up. However, when I read the blurb, I disliked the use of capital letters because it felt like it was a sales blurb. When I read the review, I liked that the reviewer mentioned that the author used the word 'work' a lot because it makes the book sound like a no-nonsense book. When I started reading the sample, I really liked the engaging and relatable way the book is written. Simple words are used and go directly to the point. I also liked that it feels like the author is speaking directly to you - it feels as if I am in his lecture right now and I am keen to take notes. The little 'interesting facts' here and there is also good to help summarise the points. Overall, I will continue reading the book. Note: The book had been professionally edited.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2018, at 11:38 am by Allyseria.

HRichards

I would not have picked this book up on my own, as I'm generally never interested in self-help books. After reading the sample I am not continuing on with the book, as I didn't find it very interesting. The author goes over the improving the quality of life for those of us who are striving to reach their full potential. The author gives tips and advice for reaching that potential. The writing is very good and I didn't notice any grammar errors. I liked some of the points the author made, such as just working harder might not be the answer to getting you what you want in life. I found the writing a little boring though, but someone who likes self-help books might like this. I have not read any other reviews of this book.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2018, at 11:52 am by HRichards.

Camille Turner

Based on the title and blurb on Amazon, I would not have sampled this book without the program because I'm not interested in the genre of self-help and motivational books. After reading the first ten pages, I'm not sure if the book was edited or not as I noted one mistake (an added word) in the sentence "Potential just means is that they possess the ability to do something good." My impression has stayed the same as the book is indeed a self-help book intended to motivate people to change their thinking in order to achieve success. I like the author's blunt writing style (for example, he outright says he will probably offend people) and I think the book will appeal to its intended audience. I won't finish reading the book because I don't feel I am among that audience, not being too interested in motivational books. I wouldn't improve anything in the book, and I think many people will like the author's suggestions to hang around those who you want to be like, to change your mindset, and to look at the positives (for example, not begrudging your path up till now).

First Ten review added on November 1, 2018, at 12:16 pm by Camille Turner.

sonya01

I loved everything about this book from the outset. Initially, the cover design, title, and the font were most appealing and quite fun, so I decided that this would be a good read. I was anticipating much of the same kind of advice that we are familiar with in the plethora of self-help books out there. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the contents of the first ten pages. It was filled with advice of a different kind, with a clear plan for the rest of the book. In fact, I was so interested in what this author had to say, that I skimmed through the titles of all the chapters at the beginning of the sample and found myself even more intrigued about what was to follow. The editing was good and I found no apparent errors. The writing flowed conversationally and it was easy to read. The one thing I raised an eyebrow at was the author's claim that his sole reason for writing this book was to help others, which I am a bit skeptical about! Other than this, he comes across as a credible source of information and dispenses sound advice. I will be reading this book, as I feel it could really help me overcome some flaws that lead to me having a defeatist attitude. All in all, it looks like a fantastic piece of work.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2018, at 12:32 pm by sonya01.

Tiny_Turtle

I read this book a few months ago when it was Book of the Day. The only reason I read it was because I had read the sample and found it interesting. I have no desire to read it again, but I can say that without the Book of the Day or the First 10 programs I would not have wanted to sample it the first time, mainly because my life doesn't stink.

For the sake of the program, I reread the first ten pages and was extremely surprised that I would like to reread this book after all. As I mentioned earlier, my life doesn't stink, but I still felt uplifted and motivated by what I read. There were numerous passages that I had highlighted during my first reading. I would have to say that the part I liked best was at location 187, "You have the ability to either make simple things complex, or make complex things simple. It is your choice. Let’s start choosing to make things simple." That passage made me stop and think. I do have a tendency to occasionally overcomplicate things.

The book seemed to be professionally edited. I have no suggestions for improvements. There was an Official OnlineBookClub review which did not influence my decision. I will be reading this book, again.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2018, at 1:11 pm by Tiny_Turtle.

ReviewerDiksha

I am not into reading self-help books, so I probably wouldn't have bought it. Even though, the title of the book is interesting and the cover looks subtle, I don't think it would have been enough to make me buy this book. It's just not my genre. I hadn't read any reviews for this book so I assumed that like any other self-help book, it would give some specific rules one must follow in life to achieve success. But I was wrong. As soon as I started reading it, I realised how easy-going it was. The author was talking to me and saying things to me that I had heard before, from my friends and family. I realised the genuine character of the book when I could clearly see myself in it. I liked how the author didn't try to hint at a certain secret that he would give away. What he said seemed rather practical and doable. The writing style was really good, friendly actually. And perhaps, that is what appealed to me the most. I didn't find any grammatical errors either.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2018, at 2:24 pm by ReviewerDiksha.

Laura Bach

"If Life STinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts" is a self-help book that promises to motivate you to get rid of excuses. I find it helpful to read such a book, but I prefer books that give new information. Getting rid of excuses in order to be successful sounds pretty ordinary to me. The title is creative and funny. It made me pick up this book to see for myself what it is about. I like the way the author writes, it shows experience as a public speaker and understanding. However, I don't usually read self-help books, so I won't be reading this one either. It is professionally edited.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2018, at 4:30 pm by Laura Bach.

Kareka88

Even though I like the title and cover of this book, I would not have chosen to read it had it not been for the first ten. I read a review on OnlineBookClub which was informative and because of it, I deduced this would be a good book for younger readers. The author and I are not that far apart in age. Those who have not had to learn those lessons yet and might get something out of the author's experience. I will not complete reading this book because I don't care for the author's arrogant attitude. Although I do agree with him in it is futile to work harder. You need to work smarter. I would also say some things are more important than work. I like the interesting facts that interjected within the text. I did not notice any grammatical errors in the sample.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2018, at 6:33 pm by Kareka88.

LV2R

I was not at first attracted to the title, but I did like the cover. The Amazon Blurb helped me to see that the book was about how to break through excuses, to open up to new ideas, and to reach your full potential, quite different than what I had thought the book was about.
Right away in reading the sample, I knew what the title meant: No more making excuses as to why we are not succeeding and enjoying life. I like best that the first ten pages emphasizes making positive improvements and having greater potential by changing the way we think, mainly on focusing on our strengths and not on our weaknesses.
The OBC review interested me because, in the book, the author shares his life lessons and mistakes to help readers recognize and avoid making the same mistakes and getting out of ruts. The book seems to be edited well, as I did not notice any errors. This seems to be a very positive and helpful book, so I do want to read it.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2018, at 8:03 pm by LV2R.

SABRADLEY

I liked the Online Book Club review and how it described the ways the book helped and didn't help. I think the title is clever and the cover looks nice. The first ten pages were error free and I liked that the author laid out the premise and his tactics right off the bat. He describes offering a change of mindset and new way of thinking to help people get over past mistakes, stop making mistakes, and clearing the mind to live one's life fully and with appreciation. I would say I didn't actually care for the tone of the book and the tough love approach. I just couldn't help but wonder why I would follow the advice of someone that doesn't have credentials after his name. It's actually for that reason that I won't purchase this book; I like my self-help books to be from credentialed individuals.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2018, at 9:40 pm by SABRADLEY.

Mercy Bolo

This book's title left me willing to sample it because it gave the impression that the literature is no-nonsense. The OBC review urged me on when it mentioned that the author points out specific mistakes that hinder one's success. When I read the first ten pages, I liked that the author reiterated that what people focus on manifests in their lives, and urged that people focus on their strengths. As I noticed no errors, I'll conclude that the text underwent professional editing, but I won't read the rest of the book because a self-help book doesn't appeal to me. As it is, there's nothing I would change about the bit I read.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2018, at 11:54 pm by Mercy Bolo.

Dolor

I would've chosen to read this book even without The First Ten program because I was captured by the title, the cover, the blurb, and the official OBC review. I agree with all that was written in the first ten pages. I like this the most: "People, places, and things have the capacity to keep you where you’re at, bring you down, or lift you up." Indeed, working smarter could make a person soar higher than working harder. I found these grammatical errors: 1. Potential just means is that they possess the ability to do something good if they apply themselves, but in actuality, they haven’t done anything yet.

2. I just hadn’t known where or how to begin, but now I did! I will read on until the last page. "If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak is a no-nonsense #SelfHelp guide to happiness and success. It gives the readers the #Courage, #Motivation, and the #Empowerment in order to bypass destructive habits and program themselves to achieve all of their dreams and potentials.

First Ten review added on November 2, 2018, at 1:22 am by Dolor.

Debjani Ghosh

Had I not read the sample of this book, I would have picked up the book based on its cover, title, and the customer reviews. The title is catchy and is printed on pastel-shaded triangles on a white background, which lets it be the focus of the cover, and gives it a clean look. All the customer reviews have sung praises for this book, hence, I was eager to check it out.

The sample has convinced me to read the whole book. I liked the author’s straightforward approach to stating the truth. The author used simple but apt words to pack a punch. His writing style engaged me in conversation with him and forced me to think. I was dismayed after the sample finished, so eager was I to read the entire book.

I did not find any typos or grammatical errors, thereby, suggesting that the book is professionally edited.

Considering the above points, I don’t see any area of improvement, as far as the sample is concerned.

I read the official OnlineBookClub review of this book which gave it a perfect rating. However, I did not expect the book to be so hard-hitting.

First Ten review added on November 2, 2018, at 2:05 am by Debjani Ghosh.

mtsnel006

I like the title of the book, so I would have chosen to read the book. Having read the sample and the review, I am sold away by the book. It is so inspiring and motivational. The author teaches the readers on how to break bad habits in their lives, and be wired up for success. He teaches one to move forward from a setback, make fewer mistakes, and just take control over their own lives. I loved the humorous language the author used every now and then. I noticed some punctuation errors in the book. At one point, the author used a full stop, whereas a comma would have been appropriate. But the book was still amazing and worth continue reading. Thanks

First Ten review added on November 2, 2018, at 4:34 am by mtsnel006.

OloladeO

Based on the review, cover, and the title, I would have read the sample because I am curious to find out if this book would set itself apart from others by revealing something different. From the sample, the author states that if you have the right mindset and good intentions, the rest will take care of itself. The book is about the here and now, and how to have a more enjoyable and prosperous life while you are here on earth. The author drives home his point by stating that if you want to create positive changes in your life, you must open yourself up to the possibility of new and alternative ways of thinking. I didn't find any error in the bit that I read, but the OBC reviewer said it had some minor errors. However, the errors didn't stop the reviewer from giving it a perfect rating. Since I am not a fan of self-help books, I would not be reading this book, but I am sure teenagers and those that favor its genre would find this helpful.

First Ten review added on November 2, 2018, at 4:40 am by OloladeO.

sarahmarlowe

If I hadn’t been able to sample “If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts” by Mark L. Wdowiak, I probably wouldn’t have picked up this book. I understand the pun, but I find the title crass. This book has been reviewed positively by OnlineBookClub reviewers, and it seems well-edited, but I won’t be reading it. Positive teaching should come from a place of understanding, not sarcasm.

I liked that author explained that the book wouldn’t be religion-based. That should open his readership. The initialing approach wouldn’t have held me accountable, but it may have merit for others.

First Ten review added on November 2, 2018, at 7:30 am by sarahmarlowe.

Sahani Nimandra

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts by Mark L. Wdowiak is a read about how to move out in life. What really interest me the most is the conversational tone the author has used, straightforward and a non-egocentric. What I really like most in this read is the start which left me on a good impression,"Let me start our conversation with this premise: You are not going to get very far in life if you continue to respond to possibilities and opportunities with the words, “Yeah, but—.” Whether an excuse or a rejection, depending upon “Yeah, but” is the same as having your head up your butt; either way, you’ll find yourself stuck in the same place as you are now." This is definitely a read that most people would want to discuss, besides I'm not surprised by this read becoming a BOTM. The official review has so much to say to its readers, and I stand on this opinion towards the book as well. I didn't encounter any hindrances while reading. This is an inspirational read, but it's not a read that I would give my first preference.

First Ten review added on November 2, 2018, at 12:12 pm by Sahani Nimandra.

Cher432

If I had not read the sample, I probably would have read the book. This is because the cover intrigued me and the official OnlineBookClub review was clear that the author would be blunt with his words. Reading the sample, I found myself agreeing with the advice the author gave, especially these words- “If you are ever going to be successful in your life, you must understand that there is a direct correlation between the types of people and activities you associate yourself with, and the kinds of results these influences will impose on your life.”I would buy and read the book as I really enjoyed it. I did not spot any typos, so I think it was professionally edited.

First Ten review added on November 2, 2018, at 2:12 pm by Cher432.

Fuzaila

I love the cover but since this book is nonfiction I wasn't interested in reading it. I absolutely loved the provocative writing style of the author. But so far into the sample, there has been little advice and more of what this book is going to do. Frankly, the writing style is compelling and the words are energetic enough to make me want to read more. I didn't agree with the concept of every problem and hardship having the same solution, but I'm sure the author would elaborate it later on. The grammar was perfect and professionally edited. I won't be reading this book because I don't want someone else to dictate how I should live my life, but if I ever need to be motivated, this book would be my choice.

First Ten review added on November 3, 2018, at 12:57 am by Fuzaila.

Gravy

I do not enjoy self-help. It is not a genre I read, and I can't think of any I would willingly read.
As you can see, I would not have sampled this without this program, and nothing the sample threw at me could have convinced me to read it, so it had no hope of changing my mind.

I did notice some odd errors, mainly extra or missing words. Here's an example: "Potential just means is that they possess the ability to do..." the 'is' is not needed and makes no sense. As this type of error is particularly distracting I would suggest an edit to fix them.
I have no comments on the subject. I neither enjoyed, nor hated the contents.
I do enjoy the cleverness of the title.

There was a review for this book, but my opinion would be the same, regardless. I will not be reading this as I dislike the genre.

First Ten review added on November 3, 2018, at 2:29 am by Gravy.

Sicily Joy

I would have sampled this book based on the cover, title, description and the positive official review because I could use some advice on how to be successful especially professionally. However, after sampling the book, I decided that I didn't want to buy it. I might read it in the future but I wasn't impressed enough to rush into buying it. I did like that book starts with some of the author's experiences. I did like that the writing is direct and easy to read. What I didn't like is the author's approach feels like a pull yourself up by your bootstraps method. For example, he says if you want to be successful surround yourself by successful people. However, for many people, their relationships and career path may be determined in part by class and culture. I think success is more complex than Wdowiak is presenting. I didn't find any errors in the first ten pages, therefore, I believe it was professionally edited.

First Ten review added on November 3, 2018, at 3:38 am by Sicily Joy.

Total ~ 29%

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's earned a score of 29%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 29% plan to read the whole book.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

Go to main Bookshelves page for If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's