Cover for 30th Century: Escape

The First Ten Feedback for 30th Century: Escape

Because 30th Century: Escape was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable. This is because we only poll about 20 or so readers, and all readers have to say "no" to almost all books. Over a million books are published each year. Even a very active reader cannot come close to even reading 1% of books out there.

This is also why publishing books is such a tough industry.

Shelle

This looked interesting and I was glad to have the opportunity to sample it. The cover looks really cool too. The opening pages are quite sci-fi-y and kind of left me overwhelmed. Sci-fi isn't really a genre I flock to anyway, and this book seemed to hit me over the head with how cool it was trying to be. I don't think this is the book for me. This book appeared to be professionally edited and error-free.

First Ten review added on July 12, 2017, at 12:43 pm by Shelle.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

EMoffat

Had I not read the sample pages I would have been interested in reading this book. The concept seems very interesting, the blurb was good, and I like the mysterious cover. After reading the sample pages I will continue. The writing style was good, and I was interested in the characters from the beginning. The book seemed professionally edited and I found no grammatical errors. My favourite part was the interesting take on the butterfly effect. I have no suggestions for improvement. There was an Official OnlineBookClub review which was very good, and it made me want to read the book even more.

First Ten review added on July 12, 2017, at 12:48 pm by EMoffat.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

gali

I wouldn't have sampled the book on my own, as this is not the type of book I would normally read. The cover isn't very appealing. The blurb is ok, but it had me mystified regarding the time periods. Luckily, the OBC review clarified matters. Also, the blurb's second sentence should have ended with a question mark instead of a period. The first pages introduced Jennifer and her mission in a rather dry manner. I found the writing a bit stiff and didn't like the use of SS as an abbreviation (it gave me a bad deja vu). As the book didn't hold my interest, and the subject matter not being my taste, I won't read the book.

First Ten review added on July 12, 2017, at 12:49 pm by gali.

CataclysmicKnight

From the cover and the title I really didn't know what I was getting myself into, but after reading the Amazon description I was very intrigued! The idea of a Terminator-like plot (going back in time to fix something, humans vs genetically altered humans instead of robots) was fascinating and it sounds like there's much more to it than that as well. I'm a little concerned about the romance side of it, it sounds like it's going to be a bit on the naughty side. Otherwise, however, the book seems excellent so far and I'm looking forward to reading more!

First Ten review added on July 12, 2017, at 1:12 pm by CataclysmicKnight.

ananya92

This is a book in the Sci-fi section. I was impressed with the concept of the book, of a person going back nine centuries to make her life in the present day, and how she forges a new identity to start anew. The description and the review of the book, especially the latter, were pretty detailed, in hinting at what to expect form the book. The editing of the book seems slightly problematic, as according to the review the French portions are not done properly, though I found the editing in the sample proper. Though I liked the idea behind the story, the storyline did feel slightly loose in some places and I felt lack of conviction from the author's side. Therefore, I won't be pursuing this book further.

First Ten review added on July 12, 2017, at 1:34 pm by ananya92.

James Craft

Definitely a cool looking cover with some great color features. The opening of the book was really intersting and the type of book it is makes it seem like something a lot of people would like. It is really well put together and definitely unique, and the fact that it got a good review from OBC is a mark in its favor. All in all, this looks like a good read with some solid reviews, but not one I'll be picking up at this time because I just don't have time to read it.

First Ten review added on July 12, 2017, at 2:09 pm by James Craft.

va2016

I sampled a few pages of the story. I found that it's a futuristic story with time travel in the plot. I found the narration somewhat amateurish...In any case, this is not my typical genre, so I am skipping this book. Thanks.

First Ten review added on July 12, 2017, at 2:33 pm by va2016.

Vermont Reviews

The author Mark Kingston Levin, PhD shows his characters with just enough flaws to make them real to the readers of today's book of the day 30th Century: Escape. Great cover. At this time I will not be downloading the book, as I have overbooked my reading schedule. I would have purchased the book based on reading the preview. The reviews posted show that the readers are happy with the story. Jennifer Hero the main character is an interesting character. I found the story to be well written and did not see an error. Which leads me to believe the book was proofed and edited.
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on July 12, 2017, at 2:58 pm by Vermont Reviews.

chocomeiske

This cover screams Sci-Fi and the description sounds pretty cool but if not for this program, this is not something I would have paid much attention to. I really love the idea of genetically enhanced humans and even though this is a common trope in this genre it can be exciting and the sample was pretty interesting.

First Ten review added on July 12, 2017, at 3:14 pm by chocomeiske.

Snowflake

The cover is very interesting and drew my attention right away. I would have sampled this book without the first ten pages program. I really enjoyed the idea of the story and that it is lead by a strong female character. Based on the first ten pages, I am very interested in reading this book further. However, the Official OnlineBookClub review raises a few concerns. I find the idea of the book so interesting though, that I plan to read the rest of it.

First Ten review added on July 12, 2017, at 4:52 pm by Snowflake.

BunnySTx

After reading a sample of 30th Century: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD, I will most emphatically be purchasing this book. Right from the beginning I was engaged into the story and wanted to read more. After reading the blurb of the book on amazon.com I knew that this was going to be a book that I would want. Based on what I've read so far in the book it has been professionally edited. The thing that drew me in the most was when they were talking about how the mission is paramount. There was no turning back once they set out. This book does have an Official OnlineBookClub review. The review had no impact on my decision.

First Ten review added on July 12, 2017, at 5:46 pm by BunnySTx.

CrescentMoon

I really like the cover of this book. It has a good futuristic vibe to it. Unfortunately I don't think this book is for me after reading the blurb. With the strong, graphic sexual content as well as the French phrasing, this isn't really something I would go for. I also don't understand any French at all so I think I would just spend time trying to translate it rather than read it for fun.

First Ten review added on July 12, 2017, at 6:36 pm by CrescentMoon.

micoleon13

I love anything purple so this book immediately grabbed my attention with the cover. I also like Sci Fi so this helped increase my interest. The Onlinebookclub review was very long and mentioned that the story lost its purpose along the way, though it did pick it back up at the end. This review put me off reading it a bit. The pages which I did read were well written, and although it did seem a bit over dramatic at the start, it was an interesting beginning. I found it a little cheesey that the main character, and therefore hero of the story, actually had the surname Hero. Although interesting, the story didn't really grab me enough to want to continue to read it. I have no ideas for improvement.

First Ten review added on July 12, 2017, at 8:19 pm by micoleon13.

Mollymae

The sample was very interesting. Neither the title or the cover are especially intriguing though. I do like this particular genre and look forward to reading the book.

First Ten review added on July 12, 2017, at 8:30 pm by Mollymae.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample I would not have read the book because I am hesitant about the graphic sexual scenes. After reading the sample I have not changed my mind. I liked the writing style, but I'm not sure the setting is for me; it was professionally edited though. The official review turned me off the book because it mentioned errors in French and graphic scenes.

First Ten review added on July 12, 2017, at 10:35 pm by psychopathycathy.

Sarah_Khan

The cover of this book is pleasing to the eye and makes me want to pick it up. The plot seems a little complex. The writing itself is well-edited. Unfortunately, this type of novel is just not my cup of tea.

First Ten review added on July 13, 2017, at 12:27 am by Sarah_Khan.

L_Therese

The cover of this book was beautiful and clearly presented a science fiction novel. As I read the review, it had a lot of words of praise but also several pointed criticisms. Taken together, I read the first ten pages with a critical eye. The writing in those first ten pages seemed somewhat less sophisticated than I expected. With the addition of the illustrations, it made the book feel like it belonged in a YA genre. The factor that made me definitely decide not to finish, though, was the fact that the characters' organization was commonly referred to as "the SS". They really need a new abbreviation.

First Ten review added on July 13, 2017, at 8:08 am by L_Therese.

MarisaRose

'30th Century: Escape' is not a book I would normally choose to read. I enjoy sci-fi/fantasy books, but the plot of this one (futuristic humans time traveling to save the past) didn't seem unique or interesting to me. After sampling the first ten pages for this program, I wasn't very impressed with the writing or story. The beginning is a bit confusing, and it seems like the author used big/awkward words to make the writing seem 'futuristic.' I didn't notice any grammatical errors in this book. I will not be purchasing the book or reading any more of it.

First Ten review added on July 13, 2017, at 9:07 am by MarisaRose.

Miche Sora

The sample failed to capture my interest, even though I enjoy sci-fi. I'm not sure if it's the author's writing style or the subject matter, but I didn't care about any of the characters or what their mission was.

First Ten review added on July 13, 2017, at 10:03 am by Miche Sora.

bookowlie

While the summary blurb appears to be professionally edited, I found it a little hard to follow. The sample pages are also technically well written, but I wasn't too interested in the subject matter of the story. Science fiction fans might like this one, but I am not planning to read the rest of this book.

First Ten review added on July 13, 2017, at 11:05 am by bookowlie.

Jaime Lync

I was attracted to this book by its cover . The plot is also very intriguing. Jennifer Hero, the protagonist travels from the 30th century back to the 21st century. However, she was suppose to actually travel to the 27th century in order to save humanity. The author seems to have done a great job but since this is only book one in a trilogy, I am not willing to read this novel. I don't have the time to read a trilogy at the moment but I would recommend this book to those who are interested in time travel stories.

First Ten review added on July 13, 2017, at 2:12 pm by Jaime Lync.

Kdonegan91

Firstly, the cover is beautiful and certainly eye-catching. By the title and cover art alone, I was intrigued to see what this book is about. However, after reading the first ten pages, I have decided not to purchase this book. I am not interested in this genre. Also, the sample did not keep me interested or make me anxious to read more.

First Ten review added on July 13, 2017, at 2:44 pm by Kdonegan91.

ZenaLei7

After reading the sample, I decided to finish reading the book. I also like reading books with this type of genre too. I didn't notice any major grammatical errors either.

First Ten review added on July 13, 2017, at 4:43 pm by ZenaLei7.

Izesicle

I am typically wary of sci-fi novels. Sometimes they can be too technical for me and I lose interest. Based on the cover, genre, and synopsis, I was intrigued enough to sample the book.
The sample has a couple of errors, for example, saying "Yes Sir" to Jennifer. Otherwise, it seems professionally edited.
I would have bought the book based on the sample alone. However, I changed my mind when I read the review. The sample was interesting because it was about a group of people in the future who will undergo a mission. The review shares that a big part of the book will be devoted to Jennifer's adjustment to society. Another possible turn off for me is the presence of adult content that is likely to be gratuitous and not relevant to the plot.

First Ten review added on July 13, 2017, at 5:48 pm by Izesicle.

Lennycat

Had I not sampled the first ten pages of this book, I probably would not have chosen to read this book. The book seems professionally edited and I think the cover is very well done and draws attention. However, I would not read this book simply because it's not my cup of tea. I did think the ten pages that I read were very good though and I would recommend it to science fiction fans.

First Ten review added on July 13, 2017, at 6:37 pm by Lennycat.

Christina O Phillips

The summary made me interested. I eagerly read the first few pages and was immediately pulled into the story. The dialogue is interesting as are the characters. I also like the elements of the world and the science fiction that were explained.

First Ten review added on July 13, 2017, at 8:56 pm by Christina O Phillips.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I would not have read it. I usually read typical, pure romance books. Having read the sample, I found it easy to follow and understand. However, the plot in the sample did not make me curious. I did not come across any major grammatical errors. The book has a favorable onlinebookclub review. Since I do not read the genre usually and the sample did not make me curious enough to make an exception, I will not be reading the book further.

First Ten review added on July 13, 2017, at 11:43 pm by AA1495.

anneloretrujillo

I would not have sampled this book based on the genre, blurb and OBC review. I'm not really into science-fiction books, and a book about time travel didn't really interest me. After reading the first ten pages, I won't be finishing this book. I liked the style of writing and the description, but the content isn't for me. I'm just not into the science fiction end of it. It did seem to be professionally edited.

First Ten review added on July 14, 2017, at 1:01 am by anneloretrujillo.

classicaltwist

The cover is really beautiful. It looks like the background is part of a DNA strand? It's really well done and I would definitely have clicked on it had I come across it while browsing casually. The blurb was a little choppy and didn't really interest me in the story. There's also a disclaimer about graphic sex scenes that turned me off to the book. I love romance novels so I'm no stranger to erotic scenes and I generally welcome them when I'm reading a romance novel, but it sounds unappealing to me in a scifi novel.

Neither reading the first ten pages or the official OnlineBookClub review convinced me to read the book. It does seem to be professionally edited, but I didn't really enjoy it. Also, like the reviewer, I also speak French, so once I found out that there was incorrect French in the book, I knew that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the book.

First Ten review added on July 14, 2017, at 2:44 am by classicaltwist.

Gravy

I was very intrigued by this book. The fact that it's science fiction with real science, it couldn't fit more into one of my particular taste ranges.
The cover is amazing. I didn't notice any errors, but I'm not a fan of the characters. They fell a little flat for me, and I couldn't buy into their actions. All of which has me undecided on whether or not I want to read this. The real science would be the only thing that would tip me in the books favor at this point.
Though I am undecided, I have to answer no, as I won't be purchasing the book today.

First Ten review added on July 14, 2017, at 3:17 am by Gravy.

jungkookblog

From the cover, it seems like it's about a story of how the 30th century has turned into something bad, and they have to resolve the problem, which makes me want to read this book. I will be reading this book because the first ten pages is what seems to be the future of this planet, and it seems very interesting to know what people think. It seems professionally edited. I did not see a review, and I don't think that would affect my decision.

First Ten review added on July 14, 2017, at 3:22 am by jungkookblog.

CarrieMe

I really like the cover of this book, especially the use of color. The blurb is intriguing, but it's also a little hard to follow, so I'm not sure I would normally try this book. After reading the sample, I I feel conflicted. The story is definitely interesting, but as with the blurb, I'm having trouble following it. That may just be because it's an introduction to a new sci-fi world, but I've decided to pass on this book for now.

First Ten review added on July 14, 2017, at 4:22 am by CarrieMe.

Kitkat3

I really like the cover and the title. The blurb and reviews make me interested in reading the book. I sometimes enjoy reading Sci-Fi. I might have sampled this book without this program. It appears to be professionally edited. The OnlineBookClub review made me feel like I would like this book, but I was a little worried about the book losing focus. After reading the first ten pages, I will be reading the rest, because I am interested in the story.

First Ten review added on July 14, 2017, at 4:38 am by Kitkat3.

Cjgarland89

Based on the cover and genre I wouldn't be interested in reading this book. I don't really care for time travel so I won't be purchasing this book and finishing it. Based on the first ten sample my opinion didn't change. The book started out a little confusing for me and I couldn't get into the story. I didn't see any errors.

First Ten review added on July 14, 2017, at 6:11 am by Cjgarland89.

hsimone

The cover is a bit dark and the title doesn't really capture my attention. The blurb doesn't pique my interest since this is not something I tend to read. Though I sometimes enjoy a good time travel read, Science Fiction is a genre I generally do not like. Therefore, I would not have sampled this read without this program. Based on what I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. I'm not sure if it's the amount of dialogue in the beginning or if it's the writing style, but it was challenging to get into this read. Everything felt a bit forced and without much emotion. Since the beginning didn't pique my interest, I don't plan on purchasing this read today. If this read does become BOTM in the future, I'll most likely give it a read in order to participate, but not at the present time.

First Ten review added on July 14, 2017, at 7:13 am by hsimone.

Btowntheatregal

This book is one that I considered choosing when selecting my next book to review. I found the cover intriguing and I enjoy science fiction. I was further intrigued when I read the description and saw that there is a female protagonist. Reading the first ten pages solidified my interest in reading the entire book. Even though the description of the book interested me, I needed to see the author's writing style and get a sense for who the main character was before making a decision. The first ten pages are packed with information. I didn't have to read any further to understand the mission at hand and the two opposing sides. I also like that there seems to be some moral ambiguity with both sides. It is that moral ambiguity that most intrigued me. Based on the first ten pages, it's hard to say if there is a right or wrong side and that really interests me. There is one grammatical error that stands out to me. There is inconsistent use of a comma after the coordinating conjunction "but". Sometimes it is placed appropriately and other times it is missing. My one recommendation is to be consistent with the comma usage. When there is not consistency it appears to be an error, rather than a choice.

First Ten review added on September 15, 2017, at 11:22 am by Btowntheatregal.

geoffrey ngoima

I would read the sample pages because the book cover look interesting and so does the title. The genre, blurb and editorial review are all okay with me.
I would still buy it after reading the sample pages because I like the sense of urgency and the whole time travel mission aspect, even though some parts of the conversations and the characters reactions seemed unnatural. There were no grammatical errors.

First Ten review added on September 15, 2017, at 11:44 am by geoffrey ngoima.

RegularGuy3

I love it when a book starts with a map. It gives an automatic reference point. That's as far as I can go with praise for the beginning of this book. I knew it was set in the far future by the title, but there is no scene-setting, no feeling. We're in a tempest. Then in the unfortunatley named Unicorn, thinking about multi-mile-high buildings and Mars. And of course the captain is a natural leader and "my best friend." It's too cutesy, too presumptuous. The review seemed to find a lot of good in the book, but I can't bring myself to continue reading.

First Ten review added on September 15, 2017, at 12:23 pm by RegularGuy3.

ashley_claire

I enjoy a good time travel story so this book was immediately appealing to me. I like the idea of someone traveling from the future and having superior thoughts and skills but trying to fit in to society as we know it today. I think the cover of this book is nice, but nothing special. I like that the action starts right away, setting the pace for what will hopefully be a swiftly moving storyline. The book seems professionally edited, though the sporadic use of pictures does seem a bit random. The first ten pages definitely captured my attention and I am interested in continuing to read more of this story.

First Ten review added on September 15, 2017, at 2:24 pm by ashley_claire.

Naval Aulakh

"30th Century: Escape" is a well written fiction novel. The cover and title of the book did not appeal me. But, after reading its review on OnlineBookClub, I decided to read the sample of the book. I did not enjoy reading the sample.

The plot of the book is not very strong. I did not understand the story at the beginning and got a bit confused. I would not like to read the entire book.

First Ten review added on September 15, 2017, at 2:42 pm by Naval Aulakh.

Jeyran Main

I really like time travel stories and i am digging this cover! For that i will read this book. The sample was superb and well edited. Its very strong. Had I not read the sample I think I still would have bought the book.

First Ten review added on September 15, 2017, at 4:08 pm by Jeyran Main.

Afuglsan

Based on the title, cover and reviews I thought I'd like to read this book. However, since starting it, I find it a little dry and cliche. I'm sure further in the book, it might start to get a little more lively, but I don't think I'd want to continue it that far. So far the book looks like it was professionally edited. It looks like the author put a lot of work and thought into the novel, but it's just not for me.

First Ten review added on September 15, 2017, at 6:18 pm by Afuglsan.

Christina Rose

I love the cover of this novel, and that by itself would prompt me to learn more about the book. As a fan of this genre, I have wanted to read this book for quite some time, and just haven't gotten around to it. After the review and sample, I will be sure to purchase this novel and read it in the future.

First Ten review added on September 15, 2017, at 9:21 pm by Christina Rose.

Londera

If this book was not a part of the first ten program I would have chosen to sample it based on the cover,which really grabs my attention.I am not planning on reading the rest of the book. Personally I feel like there is too much going on in the plot. It kind of takes away from the story and I do not like to read books where there are mutliple genres typically.I did not notice any errors so far and the editing and whole feel of the book looks very professional.What I liked most about the book was the use of imagery in the writing.I did read the official online book club review and it did persuade me to read more of the book and maybe give it another chance.

First Ten review added on September 16, 2017, at 12:26 am by Londera.

Vickie Noel

Everything about this book is so appealing, the book cover, title, blurb, reviews, everything. I could have sampled it on my own. Couldn't detect grammatical issues. The OBC review though, created mixed feelings for me when it talked about eventual loss of charscter's relevance to the plot. Plenty to think about.

First Ten review added on September 16, 2017, at 1:43 am by Vickie Noel.

jwalker73

The nicely designed cover draws my eyes to this book, but the title immediately tells me it is sci-fi. This is a genre I do not like and it would be highly unlikely that I would purchase this novel. The blurb and reviews sound more interesting than I expected. Time-travel from the future to the present appeals to me more than the other way around. The warning about the graphic sex scenes, however, reduced my interest. Surprisingly, the first ten pages were easier to understand than most sci-fi books I have tried to read. I found I could follow the plan of the Secret Services' mission and what they were trying to achieve. The book, so far, appears professionally edited. I still do not plan to buy this book as my views on sci-fi have not changed, however I appreciated the fact I could follow the story.

First Ten review added on September 16, 2017, at 3:56 am by jwalker73.

Donnavila Marie01

This futuristic science-fiction story is well written. The author created an imaginary future in the next 9000 years. The descriptions and the characters are surreal. The possibilities, ideas, and descriptions are thought-provoking. This is perfect for the young adults. The adults may also read this to break the monotony of the other genres.

First Ten review added on September 16, 2017, at 5:50 am by Donnavila Marie01.

Gingerbo0ks

I would have sampled this anyway as I think the cover is pretty and the outline of the plot seems interesting. The OBC reviews seem mixed; most praise the description of the locations but others do not like the sex scenes and say the story tends to lose its way a bit. The sample didn't really hold my interest and I felt there was too much dialogue. I found myself skimming over bits quickly but still following the story. I would have to think about this one a bit more before purchasing it.

First Ten review added on September 16, 2017, at 5:58 am by Gingerbo0ks.

ButterscotchCherrie

Science fiction isn't a high priority for me at the moment, so I wouldn't have sampled this on the basis of the genre or description. I didn't change my mind after reading the first ten pages because while they were strong, nothing hooked me that firmly. It was nevertheless a clear and well-written beginning - it could have been professionally edited, as I didn't see any mistakes. I liked the basic idea of introducing a modification to ensure a species develops a moral compass. The abbreviation SS is a bit unfortunate - though these ones believe in non-violence! I did see an official OnlineBookClub review.

First Ten review added on September 16, 2017, at 4:00 pm by ButterscotchCherrie.

IsabelMay

The cover is very attractive. The book sounds good and original, but I didn't expect it to contain graphic sexual scenes, as the end of the summary states. The plot seemed like something young adults and teens would enjoy, so it should be listed as erotica to warn them. Even though it seems well-written, the beginning is confusing and the illustrations are unnecessary. It's not bad for a debut, but could use some polishing.

First Ten review added on September 16, 2017, at 5:45 pm by IsabelMay.

ReviewerDiksha

The cover and title of the book are very intriguing. After I read the review, I was fascinated by the idea of travelling back in time. The writing style was very subtle and made me keep on turning pages. The writer has done a great job.

First Ten review added on September 17, 2017, at 1:01 am by ReviewerDiksha.

Bluecobia

Based on the first ten pages I would rate it as a possible read. The genre is one I frequently read. The premise of time travel to save humanity is a good one. The title and cover did not sway me in any direction. I read the official review and the amount of sex sort of turned me off. I did not notice any editorial errors in the part I read.I am not buying this book today. I have several other books I am more interested in reading at this time.

First Ten review added on September 17, 2017, at 1:03 am by Bluecobia.

Belynda White

Mark Kingston Levin did a marvelous job in this work of art. It spiked my interest and I'll definitely read the entire book, which I have already added to my "About to Read". I figure it'll be an amazing read because I've also read the review done on it.

First Ten review added on September 17, 2017, at 4:02 am by Belynda White.

ritah

The cover and title of the book captured my interest, based on that I would have sampled the book. I read the official review, and while reading the sample, my interest was retained by the plot. I wanted to know what would happen when they traveled back in time, and if their plans with the Syndos would succeed.That is why I will be reading the rest of the book. I liked that the book appeared to be well-written. I also did not spot any obvious grammatical errors/ typos.

First Ten review added on November 27, 2017, at 4:17 pm by ritah.

Ashley Simon

Based on the title, cover, and summary, this isn't a book I would have chosen to read. The cover suggests sci-fi and I don't actively read that genre. After reading the OBC review, my thoughts were pretty much unchanged. I did enjoy the sample: the prose is well-written and I did not notice significant grammatical errors. Still, I don't plan to finish the book. I do not care for explicit sex scenes, and erotica intermingled with sci-fi is simply not up my alley.

First Ten review added on November 27, 2017, at 10:15 pm by Ashley Simon.

MsTri

While the cover and title are both captivating, I wasn't really interested in the story just based on them alone. The synopsis and review increased my interest a little, but reading the sample didn't help, either. The sample WAS well-written, with no errors that I could see, but it just didn't pull me into the story or make me want to read it. I didn't particularly care for Jennifer, but Kylie was okay; still, I really don't care to read their continuing adventures, so I will not be finishing this book.

First Ten review added on November 27, 2017, at 11:05 pm by MsTri.

ladycraic

I would have chosen to sample Escape had I not been apart of First Ten due to the cool, galaxy-like cover art, and the mysterious title. Choosing to read this book, however, would've been a different story. Although the sample held great potential for the book (interesting characters with a HUGE mission to prevent the extinction of a race), the BOTM discussion forum and the official OBC review ultimately swayed me from choosing to read the whole novel. What I gathered is that there are many erotic scenes and a lot of "futuristic" words that could easily confuse a reader The concept of this book seems great - the delivery just won't work for me.

Escape seems professionally edited. I noticed one grammatical error: "'You have been very special friend to me.'" Missing an article ('a') in that sentence.

First Ten review added on November 27, 2017, at 11:48 pm by ladycraic.

Quinto

I would have chosen to read today's book based on the OBC review. I like sci-fi novels with a time travel premise. The reading is fast paced. In addition, I immediately was immersed in the plot involving the "Naturals" trying to escape from the more robotic "Syndos". My reading in the first ten pages related well to my expectations on this novel. The novel appears to be professionally edited, as I didn't come across any typos or grammar errors. I enjoyed reading on Captain Hero (Jennifer) when she reached earth in the twenty-first century. I couldn't help feeling sorry for her as she struggled to survive, all the while trying to remember all what she learned earlier on the time period she found herself in.

First Ten review added on November 28, 2017, at 1:12 pm by Quinto.

Total ~ 33%

30th Century: Escape earned a score of 33%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 33% plan to read the whole book.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

Go to main Bookshelves page for 30th Century: Escape