Cover for End of the Last Great Kingdom

The First Ten Feedback for End of the Last Great Kingdom: (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)

Because End of the Last Great Kingdom was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable. This is because we only poll about 20 or so readers, and all readers have to say "no" to almost all books. Over a million books are published each year. Even a very active reader cannot come close to even reading 1% of books out there.

This is also why publishing books is such a tough industry.

bookowlie

The summary blurb gives a clear explanation of the plot, but there is one error - the phrase should be "has not awakened" instead of "has not awaken." Although the sample pages are technically well written, I found it hard to get into the story. The writing is slow paced and there is hardly any dialogue to break up the narrative. Based on the sample and my reading tastes, I am not too interested in reading further.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 10:47 am by bookowlie.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

gali

I probably would have sampled the book on my own, as I love Fantasy. I love the cover! The blurb is fine, but the OBC review was the one that had me hooked. The introduction was a bit draggy to read. The first chapters were more engaging, but there was a lot of telling rather than showing. I won't read the book as the sample didn't really grab me enough to want to continue to read it, nor did I care for the writing style. The similarity to another series, Harry Potter, was another turn-off.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 11:34 am by gali.

va2016

A historical fiction that is interesting to read, but the violence in first chapter put me off from reading the book completely. Anyways, thanks for the reference.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 12:40 pm by va2016.

Christina Rose

This novel has a very intriguing cover and title. It is definitely one that I would have picked up on my own. The sample I read was interesting and captivating, as was the Official OnlineBookClub review. This added to my desire to read this book. There were no errors that jumped out in my reading, although it was mentioned in the review that there are minor errors throughout the novel. I do plan to buy this book to eventually read.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 1:33 pm by Christina Rose.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

CrescentMoon

I really like the cover of this book. And based on the blurb and the OBC review this definitely sounds like something I would love to read. I love the dark fantasy element and the fact this is like a mixture of two of my favorite genres. After reading the blurb, I was hooked. I would love to continue reading this another day. I unfortunately don't have time to do so now but I would love to in the future.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 1:59 pm by CrescentMoon.

Cjgarland89

Based on the cover this isn't a book I would read. I am not into fantasy, especially those that are part of a series. The first ten didn't change my opinion. There weren't any favorite parts aside from completing first ten! I didn't see any errors in the sample. I didn't notice an OBC review but it wouldn't have helped change my opinion.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 2:09 pm by Cjgarland89.

Sarah_Khan

At first glance, I probably would not have picked this book up because I am not a fan of fantasy. The writing of this novel is enticing and well-edited. Unfortunately, this is just not my cup of tea.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 2:15 pm by Sarah_Khan.

Naval Aulakh

"End of the Last Great Kingdom" is a well written fantasy novel. It's plot is full of twists and turns and mystery. Leaf is the main character of the story. After reading its review on OnlineBookClub, I decided to read the sample. There is a lot if violence in the book, due to which I am not going to read the entire book. I am not fond of reading so much violence.

I did not find any grammatical errors and spelling mistakes in the sample. Moreover, the cover of the book is very nice.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 2:32 pm by Naval Aulakh.

geoffrey ngoima

I would chose to sample this book before reading the ten pages because of the interesting title and book cover. The title suggests a good story and the book cover .The blurb and the editorial review would convince me that I am making the right decision in buying it.
I still feel I would buy the book after reading the ten sample pages because the book has a very good otherworldly feel of mystery and a promise of adventure and fun. There was no typo or grammar mistake I noted.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 2:58 pm by geoffrey ngoima.

juliusotinyo

The land of Sulphurium is a scene right out of my favorite movie, The Hobbit. The different races and their unique inherent abilities were quite immersive to me. I would gladly leap at the opportunity to get this book. I have also read the OnlineBookClub official review and I agree with the high rating.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 3:15 pm by juliusotinyo.

Scerakor

From the cover, blurb, and review of this book I thought I may have given it a chance. After reading the first ten Pages however I decided to change my mind. Although the book looks well written and edited, I get the distinct feeling that it is trying to pass on the coattails of a great number of other Series in this genre. It doesn't seem like something that I will finish by enjoying. I will not be buying and reading the rest of this book.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 3:32 pm by Scerakor.

Yolimari

Although I am not a fan of anime covers, I liked the fairy in this one. I am not convinced, though, that the font and the color of the title were the best choices. I read the review in the forum and it sounded like an action-packed and exciting story. I did not like, however, that the main characters are tweens and teenagers. I also read the sample pages. I liked the writing style and the beginning of the novel. My favorite part was how the author accounts the origin of the enlighten. However, I will not read this book because of the ages of the characters.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 4:28 pm by Yolimari.

chocomeiske

I love the cover art and since I'm a sucker for pretty covers, this would have enticed me enough to want to read the sample and or description. I read the sample and it seems like a really nice fantasy about humans, elves and orcs. I liked the writing style and can say that I was intrigued enough to want to read more.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 4:36 pm by chocomeiske.

Lennycat

Had I not read the first ten pages as a part of this program, I probably would have chosen to read this book because I like fantasy. The book cover artwork is very good, but I think the title text could have used a different font and it doesn't look professionally done. I read the review on OnlineBookClub.org and it was favorable. I didn't find any technical or grammatical errors in the sample I read. I really like the preface and how it gave a history of the humans, elves, and orcs and how all of the other creatures came into being. After reading the sample, I would definitely continue reading this book. I very much want to know what happened to the boy and his father.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 5:29 pm by Lennycat.

BunnySTx

After reading a sample of, End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose, I have decided that I will be purchasing this book and reading it. When I first saw the cover for this novel I was curious about it. It looks like a light fantasy novel, but once I started reading, I found it to be darker. I think that if I had not read a sample of this book, I would have put it on my to-be-read pile. I enjoy a good fantasy novel, and this book has interested me to the point of where I wish to purchase it. I like how the author gives such an engaging, and interesting introduction. Based on what I have read this book does appear to be professionally edited. This book does have an official OnlineBookClub review, and the positive review this book received makes it sound very engaging.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 5:53 pm by BunnySTx.

micoleon13

This is an absolutely beautiful cover page. I would definitely choose this book from the cover alone. I'm not always sure of fantasy novels, however the Onlinebookclub review completely sold it to me. The pages which I read were well written and edited. I liked the style of writing, and the description of the fantasy world wasn't confusing. I have no ideas for improvement and I would very much like to continue reading this book.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 7:40 pm by micoleon13.

Snowflake

The cover photo is excellent but the title font and colour were not my favorite. I'm not sure if I would have sampled this book without the first ten pages program. However, I really enjoyed the sample and the OBC overall review. This sounds like a really good story and I was drawn into it right off the bat. I did not notice any obvious typos or grammar errors in the sample. I am interested in this story and plan to read the rest of this book.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 9:29 pm by Snowflake.

Vermont Reviews

Today's Book of the Day End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1) by Victor Rose
a great fantasy read with mages, elves, dwarfs, and more was not one that I decided to buy. It could use some proof and edit work. The cover is awesome and the book would be so much better with just a bit of polish. Based on reading the preview I would not purchase the book.
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 10:43 pm by Vermont Reviews.

Donnavila Marie01

Victor Rose made an incredible work in this story. If you were a fan of Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings, you will surely love this story. Additional ingredient of this book is a touch of the Divergent story. This book has set a strong foundation for its sequels to be worth following. The young adult will love this breath-taking story with its characters and plot.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 11:02 pm by Donnavila Marie01.

ZenaLei7

After reading the sample, I decided not to finish the book. The sample wasn't interesting enough for me. The title and book cover aren't that catchy either. While reading the sample, I didn't notice any major grammatical errors either.

First Ten review added on September 1, 2017, at 11:57 pm by ZenaLei7.

Penny Lee

Although the cover picture of End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1) looked interesting, the font used on the cover made the book look very dated. It was not the cover that drew me in, but the editorial review by Online Book Club. The review provided was very intriguing, but without it I would have bypassed reading the sample of this book based on the lackluster font face on the cover.

The first ten pages were intriguing enough that I want to read the whole book. The text seemed professionally edited and without error. I most enjoyed the character development that Leaf went through, and that he was a realistic and likeable character. His mage trial was intriguing. I did wish that some parts had more detail and didn't seem as rushed -- show the reader what is going on, don't just tell them.

First Ten review added on September 2, 2017, at 12:38 am by Penny Lee.

Shelle

I always appreciate when we get to sample the first book in a series, so I was eager to sample this one. I don't usually choose fantasy stories and was hoping this one would be more about the characters and the story and less about the fantasy. That didn't appear to be the case. I felt like the characters were a bit of a rip-off from Lord of the Rings and nothing felt original.

First Ten review added on September 2, 2017, at 1:23 am by Shelle.

Miche Sora

I was looking forward to reading the sample after reading the BotD review, as I like a good fantasy novel with lots of action. However, after reading the sample, I have to to agree with the reviewer that there was a lot of violence for characters so young--if the first chapter is any indication. I'm tired of so much violence.

First Ten review added on September 2, 2017, at 2:14 am by Miche Sora.

ButterscotchCherrie

I wouldn't have chosen to sample this book on the basis of the title, genre, or cover. The first ten pages didn't change my guess as I am not reading much in the fantasy genre at the moment, so I won't buy or read the whole book at this stage. I spotted one phrase which I thought was questionable grammatically - "communicate with themselves" ("amongst themselves" would work better) - but otherwise this appears professionally edited. I liked the descriptions at the beginning of the first chapter, which gave me a vivid sense of being present in that world. I could have done without the introduction and might have preferred to have the background revealed through the story. I did see an official OnlineBookClub review.

First Ten review added on September 2, 2017, at 3:45 am by ButterscotchCherrie.

jwalker73

Fantasy is not a genre that I normally read. The title does not really entice me, but the cover is very appealing. I think the cover depicts youth and innocence. Having read the OBC review, however, I learnt that, while the book has young characters, the story has quite a ‘dark’ side to it. I read the first ten pages and found the story to be fast-paced, with multiple violent deaths early on. The writing was free from errors and flowed well. While this is a book I probably could continue to read, it is not one I feel I ‘must read’. I do not intend to purchase it today as, although I was enjoying the story-line, I, personally, did not like the degree of carnage involving children.

First Ten review added on September 2, 2017, at 4:49 am by jwalker73.

IsabelMay

I would never read this book based on its cover because it is not designed well. However, the title and the summary attracted my attention since they promise a fast paced dark fantasy story.

The sample confirmed my thoughts, I'm interested in reading the rest of the book as it is well written without noticeable mistakes, but I wish there was more dialogue instead of describing what happens or what happened. This book has an official review, which is how I heard about this book and became interested.

First Ten review added on September 2, 2017, at 9:27 am by IsabelMay.

ReviewerDiksha

The cover of this book is ecstatic. This is the first thing that drew me towards it. The genre of this book is fantasy and introduces reader to a completely new world. I enjoyed reading the first few pages and am sure to delve more into its depths. The reviews had already painted a picture in my mind about how this book was going to be, and honestly, it is better than I thought.

First Ten review added on September 2, 2017, at 10:07 am by ReviewerDiksha.

ReadingRebecca

This one certainly has an exciting beginning after you get past the introduction before the chapters start. The OBC review made it sound a grand and exciting tale. After reading the first ten pages, however, I will not be finishing the book. It's not quite my style, even though I do love magic. Nice cover as well, though the colors of the font clash a bit with the colors of the photo itself.

First Ten review added on September 2, 2017, at 11:45 am by ReadingRebecca.

Jeyran Main

What an odd reference for a book. The first ten pages sound intriguing though. There appears a lot of magic and battles going on. The work is edited and had I not read the ten pages I don't think I would have found the book purchasable alone.

First Ten review added on September 2, 2017, at 7:25 pm by Jeyran Main.

Gravy

This falls on the fringe of my reading taste, so I may have looked at it. I doubt I would have sampled it, however, because of the errors and overall feel of the description put me off. Because of this I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised by the first ten. I found no errors in the sample, and aside from the prologue being a bit long found it enjoyable. I may come back to this later, but for now I have too much on my plate to commit to this.

First Ten review added on September 2, 2017, at 8:11 pm by Gravy.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample I would not have read the book. The text on the cover could be integrated more. Also, I did not think this was my genre. After reading the sample I have not changed my mind. There were lots of descriptions and paragraphs that I felt were a little hard to swallow. It was professionally edited. The official review did not affect my decision.

First Ten review added on September 2, 2017, at 8:53 pm by psychopathycathy.

Momlovesbooks

Judging this book from the title and cover, I didn't think it would be my type of book. I read the OBC review and became intrigued by the description of the book. I read the sample and became immediately interested. The plot was fast-moving and the characters were colorful. I think I'll have to read this after all.

First Ten review added on September 2, 2017, at 9:17 pm by Momlovesbooks.

Londera

I am currently reviewing the book because I love fantasy stories. This is a book that I would read outside of sampling it for this program.I love books like these and what I have read so far was exciting. I will definitely finish reading it.There have been no grammatical errors so far. I love the writimg style and the imagery. It makes me feel as if I am in thr story.I have read a few reviews which were all glowing. This made me want to read the book even more.

First Ten review added on September 2, 2017, at 11:21 pm by Londera.

anneloretrujillo

I would not have sampled this book without this program. The genre isn't for me, and the OBC review didn't really interest me. Also, the Amazon blurb was poorly edited. After reading the first ten pages, I won't be purchasing this book. The content just isn't for me. It was talking about royals and slaves and traders, and I just couldn't get into it. It did seem to be professionally edited. It just isn't the book for me.

First Ten review added on September 3, 2017, at 1:18 am by anneloretrujillo.

ananya92

This is book in the fantasy genre. This is the first book in the Brimstone Chronicles series. As fantasy books go, this one is not that unusual and starts off with the trials faced by the main character to become mage, followed by my political intrigue. There is nothing very out-of-the ordinary about this one, except that this is slightly darker than other books with similar storyline. The description and review were on point on what to expect from this book. The book seems to be edited properly. Though the book is fast paced, I did not find it fascinating enough to engage my interest throughout the length of the book. Hence, I'll skip this one.

First Ten review added on September 3, 2017, at 1:37 am by ananya92.

jungkookblog

When I see the cover, I think that I am going to be reading this book because the cover makes it seem like it's a fantasy novel. I will be reading this book because the first ten pages was very mysterious. It gave the reader this vibe that was scary and you wouldn't know what was going to happen next. It seems professionally edited. I did not see a review, and I don't think that would've affected my decision.

First Ten review added on September 3, 2017, at 3:21 am by jungkookblog.

Kitkat3

I like the title and the cover. The blurb is sufficient and reviews are positive. However, I'm not normally a fan of the genre. I may have sampled this book without this program. It appears to be professionally edited. The OnlineBookClub reviewer enjoyed the book, but I feel like it's probably not for me from the description. After reading the first ten pages, I won't be reading the rest.

First Ten review added on September 3, 2017, at 4:23 am by Kitkat3.

MarisaRose

I was immediately interested in "End of the Last Great Kingdom" after reading the OBC review. I'm a fan of fantasy saga type series. That being said, I still wouldn't have purchased this book without sampling the beginning just to see what the author's writing style was like. After sampling the beginning, I was intrigued by the premise and the writing. I was hooked from the very beginning. I plan to purchase and continue reading this one!

First Ten review added on September 3, 2017, at 8:11 am by MarisaRose.

DDunstock

Based on the book blurb, I don't think I would read this book. While I enjoy high fantasy, the last sentence about all the death that occurs in this book just isn't for me.
The first chapter, the Introduction, reminds me a lot of Tolkien. You have humans, elves, and orcs - it doesn't get more Hobbit-y than that! I sort of felt like the beginning was rushed, it felt as if the author just wanted to get into the meat of what the story would be about. I didn't note any grammatical or spelling errors, but I found the rushed prose difficult to read and digest. So, I would probably not read this book.

First Ten review added on September 3, 2017, at 8:35 am by DDunstock.

hsimone

The magical creature is beautiful and the title is fine. Dark fantasy is not a genre I always favor. Especially, when the OBC reviewer mentions all the violence and abuse that happens just doesn't interest me. In general, I would not have sampled this book without this program. Based on what I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. The introduction was kind of bland for me and it was hard for me to get into the story. Honestly, Harry Potter and A Song of Ice and Fire are my ultimate top reads (and re-reads) and I find it difficult to believe that there is a read that could top either one. This is off-putting, and therefore, I do not plan on purchasing this read.

First Ten review added on September 3, 2017, at 9:32 am by hsimone.

Christina O Phillips

The title intrigued me and the cover drew me in because I like fairies. The summary made me more interested in the world the novel is set in. I may have read the sample without this program. I appreciated the beginning of the sample: taking time to explain the world and the races rather than leaving the reader to figure things out later just by context. I was pulled in to the tale of the races, the war, the legend of Crimson. I definitely want to read more as I enjoyed the pacing, the prose, and saw no errors.

First Ten review added on December 4, 2017, at 9:54 am by Christina O Phillips.

Ashley Simon

Because I don't read much fantasy, I would not have picked this book based on the title/cover. The blurb on Amazon was slightly confusing due to several grammatical errors ("whose with magic" and "not awaken his powers yet"). I did appreciate the way "End of the Last Great Kingdom" started off with the history of Sulphurium. Fantasy often turns me off due to long lists of names and confusing worlds, so this backstory helped me understand what was to come. Also, despite the Amazon review, I didn't notice significant grammatical errors in the sample. I still don't think I will finish this book. I just don't read fantasy unless the story really grips me, and although this sample was not unpleasant I didn't find it riveting.

First Ten review added on December 4, 2017, at 5:06 pm by Ashley Simon.

Izesicle

Had I not actually sampled the first ten pages as part of this program, I would not have chosen to read or sample this book based on the genre.
I am not going to buy and read the whole book because the genre.
Based on what I read, the book seems like it was professionally edited. I didn't notice typo or grammar errors.
What I like the most in the bit I read is the prologue and the cover art.
What could be improved is to reduce the number of fonts to one or two.
The book has an Official OnlineBookClub review that I saw.

First Ten review added on December 4, 2017, at 6:26 pm by Izesicle.

ladycraic

I would've chosen to sample this book, apart from First Ten, due to the intriguing cover - I'm fond of fantasy books. I will not be finishing the End of the Last Great Kingdom due to one of the official OBC reviews I read, and because this book is a dark fantasy. Generally, I go for lighter fantasy reads, so violence and content of that sort doesn't appeal to me. The review I read mentioned that there would be a few descriptions of violence and allusions to sexual encounters. For that reason, I'll pass on this novel.

Based on what I read, this novel seemed professionally edited. I saw no errors, and the story flowed along nicely.

First Ten review added on December 4, 2017, at 9:57 pm by ladycraic.

ritah

Based on cover, title, and genre I would have sampled the book. That's because I am a fan of the genre, and the cover and title appeal to me as a reader. After reading the official review, and then the sample of the book.I felt like I wanted to keep reading; the introduction was nice and the storyline held my interest. Those are the reasons why I will be reading the rest of the book. I liked that the pages I read were well-written. I also did not encounter any errors or typos.

First Ten review added on December 4, 2017, at 10:34 pm by ritah.

Afuglsan

I believe this was a book of the day before. I wanted to read it then, and I'd like to read it now. The cover is beautiful. The title is intriguing. All the reviews are promising, including the OBC review. I love how the author includes a bit of history for readers to understand the premise. I think that would also make an awesome book. I didn't see any editorial errors. I'd love to read the rest of the book.

First Ten review added on December 5, 2017, at 12:23 am by Afuglsan.

MsTri

While I wasn't that impressed with the cover, I did like the title, so I was a little interested. The synopsis neither raised nor lowered my level of interest, but the review did make me more curious. Having read the sample now, I am somewhat curious about Leaf/Brimstone's continuing adventures, but I'm still not quite fully sold... I was glad to see that the book seems to be properly edited, which was a plus. I also enjoyed each of the chapters I read, especially Leaf's introduction and trial by duel, but I'm confused about how they all tie in together... While I won't finish reading this within the next few months, there is a chance I'll read it in the future. For now, however, I'll select "no".

First Ten review added on December 5, 2017, at 12:29 am by MsTri.

Vickie Noel

I absolutely loved the sample. I've been intending to read this book, the attraction based on the cover and the raving reviews I've seen. I must say, I wasn't disappointed. The writing style was so smooth and enjoyable. I didn't see any typos but there seems to be a little bit of conflict in certain descriptions. For example, before the trials, we are told that contestants take off all their clothes to ensure absence of non-magical tools being introduced, but the story went on to say that Leaf's hair and 'clothes' were thoroughly burnt during his encounter. In addition, it is said that after completing a trial, the contestant reveals his mage name; never to return to the old one, but even after the name Brimstone was introduced, Leaf was still being mentioned, not as a reference point, but as an identity. I also happened upon a case of a missing comma. I think those are the aspects that need improvement. Nevertheless, I'm still thinking about this story and I'm intent on concluding it. The OBC review also stimulated my interest but the main clincher for me was just that cover art.

First Ten review added on December 5, 2017, at 5:12 am by Vickie Noel.

klbradley

Dark fantasy novels such as this one are not usually where I turn to when looking for something to read. Although I have came across a few that I have really enjoyed, I find myself more interested in novels that could be possible. With the beginning of the book starting out with a tale of how the world was shaped, I was interested. That is, until there was mention of elves and orcs. I found three reviews for the book, all of which were sprouting with praise for the well-developed story. I probably would not have chosen to read this book before reading the sample, and the sample I did read didn't change my mind. Fortunately, I didn't come across any errors during the sample, so the author gets props for that!

First Ten review added on December 5, 2017, at 8:47 am by klbradley.

Quinto

Today's featured book's title and the cover gives it away as a fantasy novel. Still, I had to read the OBC review to understand more about its premise. From the review, it comes out as a tale of an epic adventure rooted in the very beginning of time. On this basis, it's a book I would read or sample. In the first few chapters of the book, the author took his time to build a basis for his plot. From the dawning of time, he describes the emergence of the different races - the humans, the elves, and the orcs; and their various offsprings, notably the enlighten, on whom the story of the novel is based. The story conforms to my first impression upon reading the review. However, I wouldn't buy and read the book at the moment because of my busy reading schedule. The book seems to be professionally edited. I didn't come across any typos or grammar errors. In conclusion, I liked reading on the modest beginnings of the main character, Leaf. Through a belief in himself, he managed to conquer his fear during a coming-of-age duel and forever changed his destiny. Through courage, he moved from a someone who did not belong (Leaf) to Brimstone, a name steeped in strength and power.

First Ten review added on December 5, 2017, at 9:16 am by Quinto.

vaz222

Had I not sampled the first ten pages as part of this program, I don't think I would have chosen to read this book. I love fictional books, but not ones about elves and orcs. I have read something similar to this and it just doesn't interest me. The cover is breathtakingly beautiful. The title is nice as well. I'm not going to be buying and reading the whole book because I don't think I will enjoy it. Based on what I read, the book seems like it was professionally edited. The thing I liked most about the bit I read was how we get insight as to how the three races in the book came to be. I don't see anything that needs improvement.

First Ten review added on December 5, 2017, at 9:32 am by vaz222.

Total ~ 39%

End of the Last Great Kingdom earned a score of 39%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 39% plan to read the whole book.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

Go to main Bookshelves page for End of the Last Great Kingdom