Black Mirrors of the Soul Black Mirrors of the Soul
Book 2 - A Throne of Souls

Black Mirrors of the Soul

• 3.3 • 3 Ratings
    • $3.99
    • $3.99

Publisher Description

We, the seeds of Humanity, are all the descendants of hardened criminals, fighting to survive the unmaking of A Throne of Souls.

Magic and technology have already met on a world far more advanced than our own only to dispense their most dangerous and hardened criminals, for magic has been outlawed.  Their descendants—us, here on Earth, along with the rest of Humanity—are now left to grapple with a Creation undone at the hands of an outlaw mage whose Master Plan affects the seeds of Humanity throughout the known Universe.  This outlaw—this Dark Knight of Magic—must accumulate immeasurable power to thwart the fork of consequences that brought forth the making of A Throne of Souls.  This story, this execution of his Master Plan originating centuries into the past, begins and ends with a triad of pivotal relationships and evolves through his understanding of his own soul.  Within the Master Plan, the dichotomy between hate and hope, across a landscape far beyond epic, is illustrated through vibrant characters developed over two-and-a-half decades. 

While Black Mirrors of the Soul is the second installment in the series A Throne of Souls, it illustrates much of the beginning of the story, especially the back-story of the cauldron of hate that forged Damon. This is where you’ll read, see, and feel the fuel for the fork of consequences. This is the gut-wrenching, emotional journey that will have you screaming, crying, and cheering for more.  From the monuments of creation to the seeds of humanity to the making of A Throne of Souls, there are plot-lines and clues everywhere in this intricate mosaic for you to unravel.

Readers’ Favorite said (about Black Mirrors of the Soul), “Readers are caught up in the great setting, in the kaleidoscopic world-building in this second installment in the series. The setting spans many centuries and moves across multiple geographical locations. The great cast of characters involves heroes and villains that readers will be keen to follow; some of my best characters were Damon and Mira, the powerful witch called Adena and her role in the story, Kaylan, and a host of others. The story begins with action, and the reader is captivated by the evocative prose and the vivid imagery that fill the opening pages. The descriptions will transport readers into other worlds and excite their imaginations in powerful ways. I enjoyed the great dialogues, crafted to read so naturally that the reader feels as though they were part of it. Black Mirrors of the Soul by Charles McDonald Jr. is another great success in a spellbinding and monumental series.”

OnlineBookClub.org said (about Black Mirrors of the Soul), “Black Mirrors of the Soul will take you through all the emotions. Just as in A Kingdom Forgotten, good and evil are not the simple concepts you assume they should be. In Black Mirrors of the Soul, the relationship of father to son is explored. The book also includes power struggles, manipulative relationships, pure love, lust, vengeance, and redemption.

McDonald’s writing style includes a happy mix of description and narrative. Rarely have I found a book that includes such amazing synergy between foreknowledge and mystery. Information is doled out in a way that compels you to read more and leaves you breathless when you reach the end. McDonald keeps up a thrilling pace while he continues to develop the characters. Consequently, I understood increasingly more of each character while reading the second book in this series. I am glad to give this 4 out of 4 stars.  It took me a while to understand what was going on, but this is definitely a worthy series to look into! What a story!!!”

A Note from the Author:  This intricate, thought-provoking, epic, and cerebral thriller breaks all the rules crossing over sci-fi, fantasy, fiction, magical realism, and military fiction genres but as you start reading A Throne of Souls, it will become apparent why those rules had to be broken to tell this multi-world story of Humanity and Creation.  I don’t believe in traditional ‘good’ vs ‘evil,’ single protagonist saves the world type of stories.  I don’t believe in traditional narratives.  My protagonists are not always ‘good,’ and my antagonists are not always ‘bad.’  I believe in strong, multi-faceted characters that reflect the real world, with real thoughts, emotions, and agendas.  I wanted to bring something entirely different to the market and this is about as different as literary fiction gets.  You have never read anything like this before!  My goal was to be worthy of this inimitable story in the way that I tell it—to bring it to you in my voice, but to do so beautifully, elegantly, and intelligently.  There are several things that make this story unique including:

• • A flex-style narrative which illustrates—upon a 360-degree axis—character POV perspective based on their understanding of technology.

• • Storylines that reach back centuries, if not millennia.  

• • Nonlinearity. There was simply no way to tell this far-reaching story in traditional timeline methodologies.

The best way to think of A Throne of Souls is like a massive mosaic with individual nuanced clues of information and disinformation, which by themselves might appear to be something you recognize though might not make sense, but when assembled with other clues provide shocking answers to questions you may never have considered. For those who read cover-to-cover all of A Throne of Souls, there is a shocking ending coming in a crystallizing moment that will fall upon you like a cascade of dominoes in a complex configuration as each thread collapses inward upon the storylines.  I hope you love surprises.  Please enjoy it with all my best hopes and wishes. – Charles W. McDonald Jr.

• GENRE
    Sci-Fi & Fantasy
    RELEASED
    April 14
    LANGUAGE
    EN
    English
    LENGTH
    Pages
    PUBLISHER
    A Throne of Souls
    SELLER
    Charles W. McDonald Jr.
    SIZE
    MB

More Books Like This

The Year's Top Short SF Novels 4 The Year's Top Short SF Novels 4
    Ghost Legion Ghost Legion
    The Mad Scientist's Guide to World Domination The Mad Scientist's Guide to World Domination
    Playing to the Gods Playing to the Gods
    Star Trek: Strange New Worlds X Star Trek: Strange New Worlds X
    The Worlds of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Volume 2 The Worlds of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Volume 2

More Books by Charles W. McDonald Jr., Zora Knauf, Wes Rand & Larry Wilson

A Kingdom Forgotten A Kingdom Forgotten
    The Fall of Hate The Fall of Hate
    The Rise of Hope The Rise of Hope

Other Books in This Series

The Fall of Hate The Fall of Hate
    The Rise of Hope The Rise of Hope
    A Kingdom Forgotten A Kingdom Forgotten