Paperback

$18.99 
  • SHIP THIS ITEM
    Qualifies for Free Shipping
  • PICK UP IN STORE
    Check Availability at Nearby Stores

Related collections and offers

Overview

This autobiographic story is about my life in the Marine Corps, and it is unlike any other story you'll ever read about the Marines. It's not a war story, although it did take place toward the end of the Vietnam War. So, don't look for a John Wayne type character in the author, it's just not me. It was at a time when the draft had just ended, and this was the beginning of an all-volunteer armed service for our country. It's not a victim's story because I'm dyslexic. I'm much more of a man because I'm dyslexic and a Marine veteran, as the story tells.

The Marine Corps and my dyslexia helped me achieve great things in life. However, being a dyslexic Marine does have it's drawbacks, too. This story is a humorous, adventurous, and emotional account of my experiences as a Marine. But, it also tells what happens when things are not so honorable. I talk about being pulled from basic training, and shipped to the dark side of Parris Island, a place no Marine talks about. I talk of my horrible family tragedy, and the effect it had on me and the ones I loved.

I speak about both at home and abroad of romance, lust, love, and heartbreak. You'll read what it's really like to travel around the world on a Navy ship, seeing ports of call. The story is nothing like one told before. I tell of my accomplishments as a Marine, and also write of my long list of criminal activity. I wrote about the criminal underworld of the Marines, a few good criminals, but most were not that good. I talk about the thieves, loan sharks, and drug dealers living among us at our barracks and on the open seas. I told of stories about drinking, drugging, and fighting. I spoke of many honorable Marines and some pretty despicable characters. This is one true real life Marine Corps story, and I am proud to say it's my own.

Semper Fi,

Richard "Dick" W. Kraemer

Product Details

ISBN-13: 9781495426971
Publisher: CreateSpace Publishing
Publication date: 03/28/2014
Series: Dyslexic Dick , #2
Pages: 522
Product dimensions: 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.16(d)
From the B&N Reads Blog

Customer Reviews