What is everyones opinion on E-book viewed on E-reader?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Sari58
Bookshelf Size: 0

What is everyones opinion on E-book viewed on E-reader?

Post by Sari58 »

I am thinking of purchasing a Kindle and I was wondering what others opinions are on e-readers vs a regular book. Do people feel like you'd be missing out on part of the experience of a good old fashioned book vs viewing it via an e-reader. If anyone has an e-reader, do you like it? What kind of e-reader would you recommend? Does anyone know if you can get all types of books on an e-reader such as classic books or are you limited to the popular books that are out there?
patrickt

Post by patrickt »

Sari58 wrote:I am thinking of purchasing a Kindle and I was wondering what others opinions are on e-readers vs a regular book. Do people feel like you'd be missing out on part of the experience of a good old fashioned book vs viewing it via an e-reader. If anyone has an e-reader, do you like it? What kind of e-reader would you recommend? Does anyone know if you can get all types of books on an e-reader such as classic books or are you limited to the popular books that are out there?
The first book I got for my Kindle was Moby Dick. A classic and it was free.

Some say they miss the feel of a paper book, the smell of a paper book, the ability to write with a pen in the book.

For me, the book is the content. The Kindle is not, in my opinion, good for textbooks or when you're doing research and need to run back and forth in the book. But, for reading for pleasure, for me, it beats paper books.
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

This topic has lots of threads as it is please search for popular topics and keep posts centralised thanks :D
You only live once.....so live!

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”