Which: hard book or e-book version?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
theAdviserMe
Bookshelf Size: 0

Which: hard book or e-book version?

Post by theAdviserMe »

Because of the technological advances, readers are now presented with a good alternative to hard copy of books. Cheap and could easily be distributed, e-books are now getting popular.

Do you also like e-book version of your favorite books?
kaitlinmariegill

Post by kaitlinmariegill »

I am all about hard books. I don't like the concept of e-books. I like to be able to hold the REAL book in my hands.

But, that's just me. :D
ciscopower

Post by ciscopower »

If you need to search a cyclopaedia, you'd like to search a ebook of cyclopaedia, that will be more convenient for you.

If you just read a poem book ,maybe hard copy is a good choice for reading in a beautiful cafe with your friend.

Ebook can let you search / edit / make comment more faster.

Now I prefer to ebooks, easy to take with me and easy to move...
theAdviserMe

Post by theAdviserMe »

Having a real book is really a good experience but then we could not stop new innovations -- faster and cheaper provided by e-books format.
Jason44

Post by Jason44 »

I think hard books are better, I think ebooks are a bigger strain on the eyes also since you are staring at a screen for long periods of time.
Wells83

Post by Wells83 »

I've had an Amazon Kindle since August. I split my time up between reading regular books and reading e-books. I would say I prefer e-books most of the time because I love my Kindle and I have no faults with it, but I do find myself longing for a hardback book sometimes.
Kingfan09

Post by Kingfan09 »

Hard cover. It is a whole experience. Even the smell is great.
aykoola

Post by aykoola »

^^i agree!

Plus, there was a research made in our country, and the results stated we're not concentrated enough and memorize less by reading e-books. Plus, your eyesight stays "healthier" (sry, don't know the phrase so i translated it directly).
LuckyLeprechaun

Post by LuckyLeprechaun »

Kingfan09 wrote:Hard cover. It is a whole experience. Even the smell is great.

OMG are you really me? I created an account just to respond to your King thread, and I was reading all these responses and thinking that an e-book would not smell the same, and you have beat me to saying it.

Weird.
Or, COOL.
flashgordon

Post by flashgordon »

I won't be getting any ebooks until they come up with a universal format, Amazon doesn't monopolize it, and the reader is relatively cheap. Until then, hard books.
jaymiehu

Post by jaymiehu »

Hard books are better i will say that
Nichod

Post by Nichod »

I prefer paper books over e-books. I like the sensation of turning the page, the smell, the feel of it in my hands, the way it looks on the shelf and so much more!
Moongirl

Post by Moongirl »

Go to my site: The World's Greatest Digital Bookstore.
Comeflyaway

Post by Comeflyaway »

To me, it would depend on the kind of book. An ebook reader would have made college much easier, since it'd be so much easier to carry around textbooks to class, the library, etc. Maybe it'd be good for traveling. But I certainly don't mind having hard copies of all my pleasure reading books. And I DO judge books by their covers at the library :wink:
zealus

Post by zealus »

I use my PDA phone as a book reader, it has a large 5 inch screen and runs Windows Mobile. So any text, RTF or Word document is native.

I mix and match books in Russian and English languages. However, since I read a lot faster in native languages, I tend to read Russian-language books from PDA (as in -- e-books), since it can fit more books, and English-language - in paper form.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”