Do you think drugs should be legalized?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Hamlet
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hamlet »

Star wrote:Dude! I'm going to take this entire thread here...roll her up..and smmmoooke her! Your thoughts....will forever be in my HAZE...sweet :wink:
lol star!! you crack me up girl!! :lol: you better not be smoking though!! :shock:
Hope

Post by Hope »

I'm glad you agree hamlet ;)
After all, I don't see ANY positive side to drugs nor smoking.
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
♥ ♥ ♥
Everything changes.
darbook

Post by darbook »

i dont think they should be legal so teenagers wouldnt have a reason to start use them.
Bowlie

Post by Bowlie »

All I can say is, The Wire and Hamsterdam! :lol:
perusaphone
Favorite Author: Saki
Favorite Book: Have not found it yet
Currently Reading: As many as possible.
fav_author_id: 14031

Post by perusaphone »

The only combat that seems to be the way to go is education. Educate the young and then all we can do is sit back and see development as it happens. We are all individuals and have our own needs etc, so if one person decides, quite rightly, to avoid drugs completely, then great, if he or she decides to do drugs and kill themselves, great. There are enough people around to fill any voids left behind. medical care is also a no-no in my view, he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword, and quite often does so......
The same with fast food establishments, we all know they are really bad for your health, but, if avoided, then the risk is not there, simple, but, so many ignorant folk seem to want to wallow in their own obesity by their wanton misuse of convenience foods. Do we medically care for those as well, I say no.
Moore

Post by Moore »

I don't think drugs should be legalized as it will be chaos in the world. I agree that the authorities waste too much money and strengths to fight against drugs. It's better to think of some more effective ways how to overcome the drug problem. The capital punishment for drug dealers.
alimena

Post by alimena »

not at all
as drugs it's okay but like a regular consume it will be awful, how can people recover from drugs if tehy cna buy them whenever they want ~
humble

Post by humble »

Since i haven't published 50 posts yet, i can't post a link, but i suggest you visit youtube and type "bill hicks drugs music" and watch the clip. It may be quite interesting to some of you (or an excuse to start using :) ).

The only substance that enhances my creativity is a moderate amount of alcohol (if i get wasted i'm worthless :) ). Weed gives me panic attacks, so i don't use it, and i don't plan on going further with my substance experimenting. If i get panic attacks from weed, imagine what the shrooms would do to me. Or hard drugs.

But in my opinion, MJ should be legalized, since it's not much more harmful than alcohol or cigarettes. hypocrisy if you ask me.

Hard drugs should be wiped out from the face of the earth.
The Mythwriter

Post by The Mythwriter »

NSUSA wrote: In my opinion, a person should be able to do whatever they want to their own body and property, as long as they do not harm anyone else's body or property.

I'm going to give that book a read.
That is the moral borderline I think we all think should exist, the trouble is that drug users lose the ability to stay at that border. There's a difference between using something like caffeine and becoming psychologically and/or physically dependent on something like Marijuana. (I'm skipping the caffeine addict argument) Marijuana is shown to be dangerously addictive, and when a person begins to need it as opposed to want it, the risk of endangering others grows exponentially. And if we just make it available, especially to less-competent individuals such as college students as some groups are asking, we increase the likelihood of addiction. Just because something is legal doesn't mean people's responsibility capacity has magically increased.
"The world has been printing books for 450 years, and yet gunpowder still has a wider circulation. Never mind! Printer's ink is the greater explosive: it will win." - Christopher Morley, "The Haunted Bookshop."
ryan2

Post by ryan2 »

I don't do drugs, but I'd put an enthusiastic vote toward legalization.
SmartShopp3r

Post by SmartShopp3r »

There are "hundreds" of "LEGAL" drugs, most of them as lethal as cocaine, lsd and the like.

Farmaceutical companies control a lot of countries, sadly they know how to keep us subdued.

Cigarretes and alcohol are silent legal drugs that are PROVEN to kill.

So... my answer is obvious.
louis7s

Post by louis7s »

An excellent book that speaks to this subject as well as presents a novel view of responsible and disciplined marijuana use is: "Deep Spirit & Great Heart: Living In Marijuana Consciousness."
star8837

Post by star8837 »

Do I think Drugs should be legalized?............
I think a more important topic would be ....."How to keep our young generation away from drugs"........Have you heard of the high heroin use in the United States, overdose after overdose..........So no I dont think drugs should be legalized, at least this way some might stop and think before killing themselves off..........
Seraphy

Post by Seraphy »

I think it really should be strictly controlled as it's especially harmful to teenagers.
BookWorm617

Post by BookWorm617 »

Marijuana should be legalized. All the others should be decriminalized. Addicts should be treated as sick individuals and detoxed/rehabed not put in prison!! JMO!!

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”