Edit Profile

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

ferretbait
Bookshelf Size: 0

Edit Profile

Post by ferretbait »

Why can I not edit my profile? I keep getting: Antispam: You can't have a profile yet. You need to post a few times first.
Just how many more do I need before I can put my location and other stuff?
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

You should only need 10 posts to do that. I have tested it out with a test account and it appears to be working. I can't recreate the problem. Have you tried logging out and then logging back in to reset the statistics? Let me know if you still can't add a profile
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
ferretbait

Post by ferretbait »

I tried that before, but I did just try again and it still says the same thing.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Okay, I figured this out. I have a profiles being blocked in the same way as links, which was requiring at least 10 posts and 7 days since registration for one to be no longer considered new. You were being blocked because you have only been registered for 5 days.

I have now edited this to only require 3 days of membership (in addition to 10 posts) before being able to post links and add a profile. I believe 3 days is almost just as effective at stopping the many hit-and-run spammers. I have also edited the error message that is generated to more clearly state that a person needs to have been registered for 3 days in addition to having the required number of posts to help avoid confusion in the future with other. But that is moot for you as you should now be able to add a profile since you meet the new requirements. Please let me know if you are still not able to do this as that would be in error.

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience,
Scott
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
ferretbait

Post by ferretbait »

I was able to put the profile. Thank you for clearing that up, for some reason I thought it was 50 posts, which I didn't mind so much but when I got there I still was not able to put the profile up. But its fixed now so, Yay!

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”